Bundesliga Thread 2012/13

Too bad Augsburg won't be playing any European Football. They were awesome throughout the season.
I guess this will be the end of this team, wouldn't be surprising to see them batteling it out for relegation next year.

Damn, Immobile will be such a coup if Dortmund get him.

BnTDqliIQAAMkjz.jpg

Wolfsburg played better in the second half, could have got a point if it wasn't for that Malanda miss. Bayern were still better overall; another dominating season for them?

Last edited:
if dortmund's key players can stay healthy and unseduced by bayern throughout the season, I think klopp's team might have a chance to challenge. otherwise, it's the usual fate of bundesliga.

dortmund-leverkusen game tomorrow could be interesting.

if dortmund's key players can stay healthy and unseduced by bayern throughout the season, I think klopp's team might have a chance to challenge. otherwise, it's the usual fate of bundesliga.

Hope not. It would be good if it opens up with other team challenging.

Monchengladbach are supposed to be entertaining to watch on the counter-attack and Mainz a well run club who were punching above their weight last season. Looking forward to see what both can do this season.

dortmund-leverkusen game tomorrow could be interesting.

Watching now.

I watched the schalke game and can easily say it's wrong. lahm and alaba were sidebacks(thank goodness), xabi and rode were the 2 in what was a typical 4231.

Gündogan will be in the squad for BVB in the next match against Cologne. First squad nomination after being sidelined for more than a year because of an injury.

This looks really worrisome for Thiago, so many injuries one after another, just when he was starting to feel important. It's a real blow for him and also for Guardiola who trusted him blindly. For Guardiola's way of playing, Thiago was the key midfielder. Last season the moment he got injured the team went down a notch, in my oppinion.

Can someone explain to me how Neuer is redefining the GK position. What makes him unique to guys like peak Buffon and Iker? I have seen this mentioned in numerous articles since the WC. I don't get Bundi games so I only see him in UEfA CL. To me, he's no better than peak Buffon or Cassilas and prob equal in terms of overall impact.

It has more to do with his Outfield skills, rather than his (world-class) gk skill. His aggressiveness, vision and passing ability gives his teams another dimension, because they're basically playing with 11 outfield players instead of 10+1 GK.

I think I talked about a while ago on the WC thread...

Last edited:
I think it's also got a bit to do with the media making some ground for his ballon d'or contention. and they do also love to overrate players who's had success in world cups due to the tournament's popularity. remember, he actually won the CL not so long ago. and compare the number of articles about his 'sudden' brilliance the pundits realized this summer and then the previous summer.

personally I rate Neuer very highly, he's top 3 I've watched with Buffon & Cech (not a big fan of Kahn/Iker) but the media overrate him too much these days thanks(!) to that outfield stuff amineken just mentioned.

I'll add that Neuer does the outfield stuff amineken talked about in both the attacking and defensive phase of the game. He is extremely quick to come out of his goal, it's not unheard of for Neuer to perform headed clearances at the halfway line (!) and in general his decision-making when out of the box is incredible. He is very bold and you might think he takes too many risks but he usually comes through, getting first to 50-50 balls and winning clean tackles.
This part of his game was very pronounced during the WC, especially against Algeria, he hasn't done much of that for Bayern this season (maybe he did when I wasn't paying attention).

Back
Top Bottom