Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360 and PC

Re: Burnout Paradise - PS3, 360

There teasing everyone by saying its gonna be released this winter, when does winter start and finish?

Isnt the release date in November or December? I think JB has the date in his sig.

All they say in the interviews is winter.

PRESS RELEASE: EA REVS UP BURNOUT PARADISE WITH INNOVATION AND STYLE

Paradise City awaits. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today revealed the unique feature set that will define Burnout™ Paradise – the next-generation of Burnout. With true open world freedom, seamless ‘EasyDrive’ online multiplayer, four unique single-player events, and hundreds of online Freeburn challenges, Burnout Paradise thrusts gamers into an incredibly vivid HD world that pushes the limits of the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ videogame system. The white knuckle action explodes as players pull up at any stoplight and spin their wheels to jumpstart the action.

Spectacular bone-crushing crashes and an unparalleled sense of speed will always be a hallmark of Burnout games but Burnout Paradise ups the ante with an all new game design that expands the experience into a deeper, ever more immersive driving dream. Some of the key features that set Burnout Paradise apart include:

• True Open World Freedom – The entire city will be available from the outset, giving players the freedom to explore this immersive world known as Paradise City. Experience open world driving Burnout style as the action begins with you, but it doesn’t have to end.
• EasyDrive Online Social Gaming – See your friends online with the EasyDrive Friends List and connect with them instantly without having to wait or exit your game. Burnout Paradise is revolutionizing the way players jump on and offline, making it as simple and quick as possible.
• Single-player Events – Choose from Race, Marked Man, Road Rage, and Stunt by pulling up to the numerous stoplights in the game to initiate the event. The action isn’t forced any longer, as players have the freedom to start and even end a challenge at their leisure.

“This is the true beginning of next generation racing. On PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360, we are delivering a game that brings brilliant graphics into HD at 60 frames per second. Burnout Paradise does something that no other Burnout game has ever done – it gives the player full control on how to play the game,” said Alex Ward, Creative Director at EA Criterion Studios. “At Criterion, we have a long history of delivering stand-out software on the PlayStation consoles. The entire team is fired up about the opportunity to carry that heritage into the PLAYSTATION 3 generation.”

Burnout Paradise will have you feeling every bump, crash, scrape, and collision using Sony’s new DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller with rumble feature for the PLAYSTATION 3 . The EasyDrive online Friends List keeps the action flowing on the PLAYSTATION 3, as players get into a challenge with three easy taps of a button. Once the competition heats up, players can grab snapshots as they rip through opponents and collect candid Mugshots of friends and foes alike using the PLAYSTATION Eye. The Xbox 360 version of the game features Mugshots using Xbox LIVE® Vision.

It looks awesome, but two things will annoy me about it.

The completely overdone impacts when you land a jump, the thud sound and shake are so annoying, even if its probably actually a bit more realistic.

The static camera is shite too, when the handbrake turn thing gets pulled and the car turns around, but the camera doesn't. That'll annoy the hell out of me as well, gonna be awful for drifting.

Other than that, the only problem it has, is that IMO it will never, ever touch Burnout 3. That game is still probably my favourite driving game, and maybe my favourite game overall. But at least it only has the pile of shite Revenge to follow, and theyve taken out the god awful traffic checking.

New video on the site, Click

JANUARY 22 RELEASE DATE!

I read some where that they'll be a demo, I doubt that though.

PS: Splinter Cell Conviction was delayed to Q1 next year a while ago.

That's weird, I've never seen it on Gameplay but yesterday I was looking through their release calendar and they'd just added it with the December release date...?

Currently re-going through B3 to get me going for this. I love B3 so much. PS2 memory card I've got 29k takedowns.

I need to get to that before Paradise comes out.

If they get Paradise anywhere near the perfection that is B3, I'll be impressed.

Last edited:

That's weird, I've never seen it on Gameplay but yesterday I was looking through their release calendar and they'd just added it with the December release date...?

Mistake, unless EU gets a release before US market...

The next installment in Criterion's crash-heavy Burnout racing game series, Burnout Paradise, will ship to North American stores January 22, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.

Due out on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the new Burnout features an open game world, set in the fictional Paradise City, with challenges available at any junction. EA also promises "a new standard for online social gameplay."

If you just can't wait until January, you'll be pleased to know that a demo will be available through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace in December. The demo will feature online support, and includes the new Stunt mode.

I'm expecting a day n date release.

Check their podcast, its great stuff.

New Burnout Paradise Interview

:8):

The thing I wish they would bring back is the replays after you race. I think it was on the first one, but hasn't been reintroduced.

It used to automatically do the replay while you looked at your lap times etc. I really really liked that feature and they should do it again.

Burnout Paradise demo next Thursday!

\\:o/

The demo will be online also and make use of the PS Eye and Xbox Live Vision camera's.

:8):

Just heard the use of the camera is because when you beat people, their head is on a trophy :lol: Nice feature!

ps3-burnout.jpg

Very nice box art.

Why do people rate Box Art, bar The Orange Box, which is complete shit, what the hell has box art got to do with buying a game?

Back
Top Bottom