Calciopoli II - The Scandal Returns

Knoxville91

Justice for the ULTRAS!
14 September 2010
Serbistan
A.C. Milan-Crvena Zvezda
The fifth hearing of the Calciopoli trial in Naples has concluded and adjourned until Tuesday April 20, but today’s court session threw up some major developments. The biggest being Judge Teresa Casoria’s decision to accept the new evidence presented by Luciano Moggi’s defence team.
At the start of the hearing this morning, the court was presented with the transription of 75 phone calls. The calls were about conversations involving former designators Paolo Bergamo, Pierluigi Pairetto and a number of different club directors. Moggi’s defence also asked the court to present a further 3,000 telephone contacts (statements showing phone calls between a number of directors and the designators).

Judge Casoria allowed the court to listen to a number of phone calls in which the then Inter president Giacinto Facchetti spoke to referee designators.
Moggi’s defence team reminded the court that he was ousted from football by the 2006 trial for doing what Facchetti did: i.e speak to designators.
Shortly after, Colonello Attilio Auricchio was cross-examined by Moggi’s legal team and questioned as to why the Inter evidence was not part of the original trial in 2006.
Auricchio could not find an answer.
Asked by Moggi’s Lawyer Trofino, Colonello Auricchio said he knew the then president of Inter Giacinto Facchetti had gone to referee designator Bergamo’s house on a number of occasions.
“If you ask me about Facchetti then I am aware of this, but I am not aware of [Massimo] Moratti [going to Bergamo's House],” Auricchio said.
“The phone call where Facchetti asks Collina about the referee grid with Bergamo was transcripted, but we thought it was not important.”
Trofino (Moggi’s lawyer) responded: “Ahh, but instead you thought the phone calls to Bergamo’s house in which the wives speak about the dinner menu were important.”
Some inside the court laughed and chuckled.
As the trial took place, Massimo Moratti the Inter president, who was not present, told reporters he had not been following developments. “I have not had the time to follow it.” he said with a solemn look on his face.
Auricchio’s cross-examination continued.
Moggi’s lawyer Trofino described the accusation on his client of association to defraud as “Ramshackle.” “For Milan and Juventus the association to defraud was a ramshackle.”
During the interrogation, Auricchio confirmed that ex-referees Collina, Paparesta and De Santis were not friends of Moggi’s and had no exclusive relationship with Juventus.
Trofino: “Can you confirm that these referees were not friends of Moggi?”
Auricchio: “Of course Collina, but also Trefoloni and Paparesta… Even though Paparesta had called and went to Canossa to Moffi after the game in Reggio. But I cannot say he was a friend of Juve’s. Trefoloni was like Bergamo’s son, even though nothing came out on Juventus.”
Trofino then hit out at the accusation of association to defraud. “I think it’s a ramshackle accusation because in the draw for referees, not one ref was a friend of Juventus.”
Trofino then asked about the referee De Santis who was also considered part of an alleged plot.
Trofino: “That year De Santis buried Juventus in at least three games and you know this. How can you consider him an associate? Can you tell me which phone calls shows you that he was part of Moggi’s system?”
Auricchio: “The games are two not three. As for the calls to De Santis…ehm…”
Trofino: “My cross examination can end here.”

Shortly after, defence counsellor Nicola Penta confirmed Moggi was never the first to know which referees had been assigned. In fact, the court heard that Inter knew the referees for matches before anyone else on one occasion, up to two and three days before games.
Penta told the court: “Moggi was not the first to know the name of the assistant referees.” In reality, we have documents and recordings which show that Moggi was third to know. There was once a time when the then Inter president (un-named) called the vice designator Mazzei on the Thursday at 17:50 and he obtained names that were only made public the next day.
Then Meani was next to know after receiving two text messages on the Friday morning at 11:15. Moggi then received a penal charge because he received the names on the same Friday at 11:53.” Judge Casoria then closed the hearing and confirmed the evidence presented by Moggi’s defence was admissible and key to the case. She adjourned the trial until April 20, the day Inter play Barcelona in the first-leg Champions League semi-final.
The court confirmed former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti will be summoned to the next hearing to give evidence in relation to the new findings that were uncovered today.
As Moggi left the court he was treated to a round of applause by Juventus fans outside. Moggi told Radio Radio after today’s hearing: “I’m happy that there are people who still support me”, in reference to the unwavering support of Juventus fans through the ups and downs.

Last edited:
Roma Could Be Awarded 2005-06 Scudetto As Christian Vieri Demands Inter's Title Be Revoked
Could the 2005-06 Scudetto be moving on again to Rome?

Former Inter star Christian Vieri has asked the federal prosecutors of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) to remove the club's 2005-06 Scudetto title, according to La Repubblica.

The 36-year-old's request is based on his claim of being a victim of espionage, alleging that the club were spying on him. The situation also involves a civil case against Inter and telecommunications company Telecom Italia.

Massimo Moratti's club were awarded the 2005-06 title after it was stripped from Juventus in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal.

If Vieri is successful, the Scudetto from 2006 is likely to be awarded to Roma, who moved up to second in the standings from fourth after Milan also suffered a heavy points penalty.

The preliminary hearings regarding the matter are underway in Milan.

Vieri, with the assistance of lawyer Daniele Buongiorno, says Inter breached article 18 of the Code of Sporting Justice, which states that a violation of the statute or federal rules by a club will result in the non-assignment or withdrawal of a champion status in Italy.

The former Italian international last played for Atalanta in the 2008-09 season, but constant injuries took their toll on the striker and he was never able to replicate his impressive goal-scoring form after leaving Inter in 2005. A move to play in Brazil collapsed late last year.

Vieri's demands are certain to cause shockwaves through the whole of Italy, as Calciopoli is already a very controversial subject, with many Calcio fans divided over the role Inter, Moratti and Telecom Italia played in the scandal.

Inter will almost certainly be stripped of 2006 Scudetto

Calciopoli is the talk of Italy today after yesterday's astonishing revelations from FIGC chief investigator Stefano Palazzi. It is now inevitable Inter will lose their 2006 crown

Inter will almost certainly see their 2006 Scudetto revoked when the FIGC convene for a final meeting into their findings from the revelations of the Calciopoli II trial in Naples, but the 2010 European champions will avoid any further sanctions due to the case being out of statute.

The Italian press exploded this morning following yesterday’s revelations by the FIGC (Italian Football Federation) chief investigator Stefano Palazzi, who accused Inter of committing sporting fraud during the 2004-05 season. This had subsequently led to the Calciopoli scandal, which saw Juventus stripped of two Scudetti and relegated to Serie B, and Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina and Reggina issued point penalties for 2006-07.

Palazzi said: "Inter violated the article relative to sporting fraud with regards to the possibility of taking advantages in the standings."

The FIGC handed Palazzi the responsibility of pouring over all the evidence from the Calciopoli II trial in Naples a year ago, during which it was revealed that former Inter directors had had contact with referees and a number of other high-profile Italian football leaders between 2004 and 2006.

Transcripts from wiretaps identified by the Tribunal of Naples also demonstrated that ex-Inter president Giacinto Facchetti enjoyed regular contact with former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto.

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi: Let's see if Inter still sing about stealing
The past Turin-based club official is thrilled to have the last laugh and did not waste the chance to taunt the 2006 Scudetto holders

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi has lashed out at Inter for the club's alleged involvement in the Calciopoli corruption scandal.

Moggi was considered the main figure of the news that rocked Italy in 2006, which saw the 2006 Serie A title stripped from Juventus and handed to Massimo Moratti's club, and he was banned from football for life as a result.

Inter president Moratti has been highly critical of those involved in the case, but fresh evidence suggests the 2010 Champions League winners may have committed sporting fraud themselves during the 2004-05 season, and now many believe that Inter should have the 2006 title taken away.

And Moggi seems to be reveling in Inter's misery, telling Tuttosport: "Let’s see if they still sing about stealing. If I were in Moratti’s shoes, I would have avoided going around telling everyone I was clean and honest for all these years. Now those phrases are even more shocking after the recent revelations.

"I think back to the footage of the Inter players who were singing: 'We win without stealing.' I expect they will have have to come up a new chant, now."

It was Moggi's own team of attorneys who played the Inter wiretaps in the Naples trial earlier in the year, and the former Juventus director has made it clear he will not go down without a fight.

"They made a big mistake in giving me up for dead," hei added. "They thought I’d go to sleep after the 2006 trial, but I’m still wide awake. They wanted Calciopoli? Fine, now they will have the whole thing. Some will cry, some have explaining to do, but everyone has to be on alert."

Meanwhile, Renzo Ulivieri, President of the Coaches’ Association, has called on Inter to return their 2006 Scudetto of their own free will: "I hope Inter do the noble thing, use their common sense and generosity with regards to those events. If they voluntarily handed back the 2006 Scudetto, the Nerazzurri would gain a new level of respect and admiration."

I've read it all. What's happening next? Is there a final hearing of some sort? Looks like this is all becoming true. I'd love to see Inter stripped from "their" title. Back then, when Juve and Milan were accused, and there was nothing on Inter, I knew there was something Fishy. I instantly knew Inter were up to something.

That's pretty sad. I'm already sad enough about football these days, but this makes it even worse.

Wow, I find this pretty interesting that a Milan's fan recalls us the biggest shame of italian football.
Now if Inter is involved they will be punished.
If not, everyone knows who has already been

After Italy, Turkey, now Greece has same scandals. Actually, we knew about them all the time, but them being proved, is harsh. Hope justice is served (but who am I kidding, the dirtiness in Greek football is never going to be removed. It must not be.)

there's a big UEFApoli but they're blind to see it ..
They don't want to see it

Back
Top Bottom