Call of Duty 2

kenny M the Ign vids are defo 360 cus you see the prompts for the xbox360 buttons

and im wanting a panny 42 inch plasma at the moment but am reading a few things about image retention problems.
Im going for a plasma over lcd cus there will be people viewing the tv from a tight angle and also I will be playing games on the tv so the slower response times of lcds could cause a problem.

cant be then.

While we are on the subject of game trailers. Is there anywhere that has hi def trailers that you dont need to subscribe to see?

I never really got into CS:S multiplayer as I did with COD. To me, it's a much more satisfying experience. I haven't played and FPS since HL2, so this, preceded by FEAR is a real treat.

An 8.8 from GameSpot who I generally trust. gamerankings has it at 87% so far. Excellent score. Seems graphics are a minor letdown and the performance is not perfect but the gameplay experience is exemplary.

Finished FEAR yesterday so up for this.

Been playing through the single-player until it's released over here and I can get my multiplayer fix. I'd advise you to play on Veteran difficulty, as most people will probably only going to play through the single-player once, and I remember finishing the original CoD on Veteran in about 8 hours. That's not to say it's easy, in some parts it's very difficult indeed, but anything less than Veteran and you're robbing yourself of the total experience this game offers IMO.

Finished the Russian campaign and that was very enjoyable, one section that was taken from the 'Enemy At The Gates' movie was pretty cool, but I won't spoil that ;). The British campaign seems to be mostly set in the North-African region, and I didn't really enjoy it. I'm currently on the final British levels, which thankfully have moved over to Normandy (but as I'm stuck practically at the start of this bit, I can't say how much better they are).

Graphically it's lovely, although my framerate averages about 30-35fps which by PC standards isn't usually the case (console players will be used to this). Hasn't bothered me in the slightest though, quite bizarre given I'm usually picky about framerate!

Can't wait to get further into Normandy, and also to start the US missions. Also really looking forward to playing this on multiplayer. Some screens below:

Finished the Brit campaign, which ended up being great as it moved into France. Tell you what though, this is probably one of the hardest games I've ever played when set to Veteran, the final two Brit missions are insane!

When you have body count cranked up to the max, I don't think they disappear. While that's all well and good, my FPS slipped to SEVEN at times on the final Brit mission, totally crazy. Check the state of the bodies:

Cannot wait to get stuck into the Yank missions now, D-Day is the opener, should be awesome. This game kicks severe arse btw!

JUST played the 360 version NO differencae practically so those buying it for xbox or PS2 go right ahead and don't worry about any grphical set backs :)

Think you've got a wee bit mixed up there, Xbox and PS2 versions are 'Call of Duty 2: Big Red One', only the PC and 360 ones are the same.

I just finished this tonight. Enjoyable but not mind-blowing. Just had to finish it though....

Back
Top Bottom