Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread (360/PS3/PC)

Beta's only available to Yankland right? Just as well I think the MP side of the game blows ;)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare deploys worldwide Nov. 5

Activision has officially announced that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will be launching a worldwide attack aimed at wallets and societal productivity on November 5th. Waving goodbye to the digital dregs of World War II, developer Infinity Ward has moved its first-person shooting into more topical climes. Yes, topical. You'll be wanting that guy in the special suit if you fancy tropical environments.

No, not that guy in the special suit. The other guy, you know? Actually, that's a woman. The other other guy then. No! There's no crowbars or time traveling. It's not him either! For god's sake, we meant Crysis! How many first-person shooters featuring characters in cybersuits could there possibly be this holiday?

By LYING
(about what country they come from)

I've done some digging and apparently they do it by recovering the gamertag of an American XBL user then download the Beta by going to their download history

Ooooooh, if I knew how to do that I'd be doing it now...

Although I'd probably have Microsoft on my back within a week...

You can open a british account and link it to an american hotmail account.

Thats how i have the british gamertag by accident.

Holy shit, has anyone seen the video that's just been put on Marketplace?! I'm very impressed!!

I LOVE THE "PERKS"!!

This round is just for players in the United States, but international players can take heart. Infinity Ward has announced that the beta will also be available in Canada, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Details will be announced soon, so keep an eye on the site for more details.

As expected, Charlie Oscar Delta, the site where beta tokens for Call of Duty 4 on the Xbox 360 were handed out at 12PM Pacific, was completely swamped and completely unreachable when people slammed into it at the appointed time, hungry for some multiplayer hands-on.

Kotakuite Sloopydrew got this message after trying to log in for 33 minutes:
"Although Charlie Oscar Delta's Token Codes have been reserved, there will be many more opportunities to get into the Beta! Check back into SITREP often, as we'll be updating the site with information as soon as it's finalized

Final Box Art

Hopefully I shall be playing this soon. My brother has created a US XBL account / US Hotmail account and signed up. He's just awaiting his code - a mod on the Charlie Oscar Delta forums said anyone who signed up will get one with 72 hours.

Once he's downloaded it, I'll just recover his gamertag.... *whistles*

Well assuming everything goes according to plan and the whole 'recovering' of his gamertag and downloading it to my HD works, I'd probably be willing to let a couple of people from here do the same with my gamertag overnight or something? Only trustworthy ones of course ;)

Flawless, you know where I am... If you want to send me a quick message on Xbox Live or something... About whatever...

What can she give you that I can't? :(

Ohhh you are. I could even lay them over your head. Like giant slugs.

Ohhhh wow. Flawl3ss just got me onto the beta list and I have to say it's fucking brilliant. The realism freaks (such as myself) will be disappointed at first - there's things like "get three kills and you can use the UAV" - but it's so much fun you wouldn't believe it. Teamwork helps (was nice to see a few guys actually following me, while I'm shouting "BEHIND THE SANDBAGS"), but isn't absolutely neccessary if you're a renegade. The air strikes are brilliant, a helicopter bears down on you and you've got to find a safe place - not neccessarily a building as the roofs are missing in patches, due to there being a war and everything. When the helicopters (or planes) go over, the floor rumbles, the screen rocks and you know you have to run for it. Usually I'm not a big shooter fan but this is brilliant.

The only thing that dampened the experience was a match where someone said "I'm not a racist, I just hate black people", and the flaming that ensued. But there's not a lot the CoD team can do about the human race, unfortunately.

Last edited:

after pes 2008 this the game i want,first i tought of buying graw2 but cod 4 is much better,i have cod3 on ps3 and i like that more than rainbow6 vegas or resistance,its a shame there are no ranks .
but cod 4 has everything a shooter needs,the buttons are spot on,i like the short sprintbursts.
the setting is also great,british and russian special forces and us infantery and arab rebels.
i hope its released on 5 november.

Ohhhh wow. Flawl3ss just got me onto the beta list and I have to say it's fucking brilliant. The realism freaks (such as myself) will be disappointed at first - there's things like "get three kills and you can use the UAV" - but it's so much fun you wouldn't believe it. Teamwork helps (was nice to see a few guys actually following me, while I'm shouting "BEHIND THE SANDBAGS"), but isn't absolutely neccessary if you're a renegade. The air strikes are brilliant, a helicopter bears down on you and you've got to find a safe place - not neccessarily a building as the roofs are missing in patches, due to there being a war and everything. When the helicopters (or planes) go over, the floor rumbles, the screen rocks and you know you have to run for it. Usually I'm not a big shooter fan but this is brilliant.

The only thing that dampened the experience was a match where someone said "I'm not a racist, I just hate black people", and the flaming that ensued. But there's not a lot the CoD team can do about the human race, unfortunately.

When you say there no realism in beta yes in full game no there ranked and unranked servers however im not sure if this is same on 360.

But PC there will definitely be unranked servers (was in article) for people who want pure realism and no perks. :)

Well I've pre-ordered CoD4 with GAME so I can access the European beta. If they refuse me entry because I played the American one, I won't be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom