Can I play without modchip?

cigol

League 1
14 August 2003
If I were to get the game could I play without a modchip? Previously I would just use knife trick with Action Replay disc and it worked fine but I think the game is a proper DVD now isn't it? And while I have a dvd writer will knife trick work for them or what?

Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to this aspect of PS2 stuff. I don't want to mod it as I buy all the games I want for it but the wait for PES5 is agonising as I'm sure you all can agree - so if I can get in there asap alls the better :D

you can get swap magic + slide tool for £15 delivered...this will allow you to play the game...either dvd or cd...as this game is now ripped to cd

you don't have to rip the game..the swap magic..comes with a boot dvd and a boot cd...so either a rip of dvd will work

get it from here cheapest i have found and mine was delivered in 2 days

http://www.memtechsolutionsltd.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/641

and yes this is all you need to play it. aslong as your tv supports ntsc, or has an rgb capable scart socket and ps2 cable is rgb compliant... if not then you will have the same problem as me, the picture will be black and white...i have had to patch it from ntsc to pal...

hope the above helps

do a search on ebay. theres a few knocking about. You don't have to rip it with swap magic. full dvd's work fine.

that is ALL you need. It might not work on the very latest slim ps2's though, but fine on all other models.

Cheers guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for then. I also have a NTSC game that some relative unwittingly bought from America as a gift that I should be able to play too then I guess. I always found it funny they bought me it because I could buy it cheaper in the UK. lol.

Back
Top Bottom