PC Can only play quick matches online PvP?

Mityaj

Conference
16 January 2003
manchester
Alec Ferguson
Does anybody else has this problem- the game says that my connection is not good enough and that i can ONLY play quick ranked matches. Apparently its something to do with router settings - DMZ, PAN, Port forwarding...
I have forwarded 5139 port, but everything else has me stumped:CONF:
My connection is 4mb down and 1mb up, I have ping to google.co.uk at 23ms average and I have O2 router. I've played several quick matches and it seemed ok in some and pretty good in others - almost lag free.
How can I convince Konami that I am worthy of full online content?:))

pesonline.jpg

Last edited:
Found this on Konami's site:
I have problems connecting to the online mode of PES.

If you receive an error message that you are unable to connect to the server, it basically means that you have one or more ports blocked on your internet connection. They can either be blocked by your Internet Service Provider, or if you are using a router, modem with router function or firewall software. We cannot recommend the usage of W-Lan or websticks. If you use one of the mentioned devices in order to connect to the internet, please switch to wired connection in order to improve the connection stability and speed. If the Router you are using is compatible with UPnP, please make sure that the UPnP function is enabled. Please disable any firewall/antivirus program on your pc. Also disable the Router?s Firewall function and make sure you the following ports aren't blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and are open on your router (refer to the Router Manual in order to this): Please also ensure that DMZ is activated. PC: TCP: 80, 44, 4000-4200, 6112 UDP: Auto mode: 5730-5739, 6112 Manual mode: It is possible to set any UDP port number from the "settings.exe" in the Konami Start menu folder. PS3: TCP: 80, 443, 5000-5200, 6112 UDP: Auto mode: 3658, 5730-5739, 6112 *default is 3658 Manual mode: It is possible to set any port UDP number from "Port Settings" menu on the "System Settings" in the PlayStations main screen. Xbox360 TCP: 53, 80, 3074, 6112 UDP: 53,88, 3074, 6112 * based on the Xbox Live port information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874/uk?sd=xbox

Going to try it now and will report back

I think the problem is O2 if it is mobile broadband. PES is peer to peer, I think and some mobile broadband wont let you use peer to peer. 3 wont let me play any pes games yet I can still play modern warfare 2. For vodafone it only allows peer to peer if you buy an add on pack for 20 euros extra but it will let me play quick matches

No, my broadband is wired through telephone line adsl2 or something like that. The only thing that might also be an issue is that I dont have static ip - could that be an issue? Anyway, the Konami tweeks did not work- ports opened, port forwarding soft confirms them as opened, but still the same error message in PES2011:( Maaan, so annoying!

Yes, the game directed me to the site straight away, I've installed it and the version number is displayed in the title screen. Could it be the antivirus - I have Avira free? I cant even shut down it fully- even in the ctrl+alt+delete window.

You could try turning off real time protection just to try to get through, but a free anti virus should not stop u

Tried running it with antivir uninstalled completely and still no luck.

@ gabe.paul.logan
I've forwarded all the ports that Konami said should be forwarded, I have disabled router firewall, so I dont know what else can be done on the router. Is it possible to connect to the internet without a router?
The other problem could be the non-static ip that I have, not sure about that...

Tried running it with antivir uninstalled completely and still no luck.

@ gabe.paul.logan
I've forwarded all the ports that Konami said should be forwarded, I have disabled router firewall, so I dont know what else can be done on the router. Is it possible to connect to the internet without a router?
The other problem could be the non-static ip that I have, not sure about that...

I also use a non static ip, so that shouldn't be the problem.

When you connect to the internet do you need to dial into your router or does it just auto connect??

Hm, thanks for clearing the static ip issue- I was pondering of paying for it (just for pes:)...

The router (O2 Wireless Box 2) connects automatically on pc's power on, and internet is on permanently (no login/password, etc)

Hm, thanks for clearing the static ip issue- I was pondering of paying for it (just for pes:)...

The router (O2 Wireless Box 2) connects automatically on pc's power on, and internet is on permanently (no login/password, etc)

Then you connect via ppoe so its not the same issue as mine had.:((

Ok, I send an email to O2 tech guys asking for help with this, my last hope probably...
Playing on red bar connection is frustrating and not being able to play MLO and go into rooms is even worse:)

please let us know the outcome of this as I am having the same problems as you and am also on o2!

Hey buddy:) At least I'm not alone:) Are you also using the supplied router? Is it also O2 wireless box 2? I emailed O2 about this and they told me to use live chat in their broadband assistant, and the guy in live chat told me to use the phone helpline... Their phone line was busy for like 30 minutes, so I just hung up - I'll try again tomorrow.

Another way forward would be to start a thread in their (O2) forums- sombody was actually hlped there with his FIFA conneectivity problems recently...

Right, bad news. I finally called the O2 support, and basically they gave me zero support/help with that issue... Sad,sad,sad:(

I've created a thread on their forums, can only hope that some techie wizard "shows us a miracle";(

PS Oh, and I cant believe that there are only two people on these entire forums with this problem!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom