Can We Not Just Bombard Konami With Emails About The Fouls

To be honest, once you get used to it there aren't that many fouls if you don't constantly jump in with the x button and are careful about picking your moment to steal the ball.

the real problem is the non-appearance of yellow or red cards for tackles using the x button even if it is what is known as a professional foul. this needs to be sorted in a big way - and i don't think it's the sort of thing that would be too problematic for konami.

Zygalski said:
Look dani, if you can show us a video of any footballer who is able to turn 90 degrees to the side while dribbling then maybe someone will agree with you. Until then, remember the words of my previous signature ;)

Lol, Disturbed isnt filthydani and if you think filthydani is the only one who complains about the side steps, that means you didnt read much posts here

Yes, the foul is indeed a serios problem, When I was playing again my bro...

i do know that you cant play it like PES4 (holding X+[] all the time), or the whistle-happy-go-a-round refere will........
But the problem is, my bro did this everytime....(sometiem the COM too)
So everytime i use my 4R tactic (Ryan+Ronaldo crossing to Ruud+Rooney), i get FOUL FREQUENTLY!!!!! My giggs always injure upon the 2nd or 3rd tiem of fouling, and even Ronaldo who hv an A tolerance to injury still almost injure in every match...
Not to mention Ruud and rooney >_<
But what SUx is he dun even get a yellow card, mostly the same boring and irritating warning animation -.-'
Yeha, i do aware that i get lots of FreeKick which is rather easy to score in this version, and penalty is not uncommon too. Althoguh this make me always win by large margin but almost all of them are from set pieces.......... and this is boring
The funny thing is I cant score in the Penalty Zone with my Ruud now, wait, does penalty count inside the box? LOLZ
Now my only COMMON way to score is set piece, long range shooting n crossing..
I don't know if you guy have this problem or not but i want my old PZone Killer King back!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, it seem forever since i score in a 1-1 conditon or a nice lob......
Mayb it's just my skill sux, so if any pro here know how to handle this problem, please tell me, thank you very much.....

its not just the frequency of the foul that is bothering me... its the inaccurateness(if there is such a word) of the fouls that bothers me... a vv slight shoulder to shoulder, and hes down, peep!, players tripping my players with no foul, no card when there i was about to break thru the defence

Yeha, i agree about that.
the frequecy of stupid foul oso make the too much pause.
And the frequent injury of my breakthrougher is just unbearable(dono if this phrase exist, lolz)
Another issue is, by a lot of fouling, you get lots of freekick, and in WE9, the freekick is just too simple >_< If i cant score , i will at least get a corner...
This make me score more thru setpiece and it's just so fake -.-'

Scorpio said:
A red card when you're fouled when through on goal would be nice 2... And after three little fouls from the same player he should be given a yellow card also.

If we foul the CPU player who's thru on goal, it's a red most of the time. If you're lucky can get away with yellow. If you're through on goal, usually the CPU tackles you, but usually never fouls you. Once in a while, they get yellow carded but never seen CPU get red.

Cheers.

BK_83 said:
its not just the frequency of the foul that is bothering me... its the inaccurateness(if there is such a word) of the fouls that bothers me... a vv slight shoulder to shoulder, and hes down, peep!, players tripping my players with no foul, no card when there i was about to break thru the defence

I noticed this in this version. If you persistently run shoulder to shoulder againt an opponent forward, a fould will be called eventually.

If you use the 'shoulder off' move, ( :r2: +dir) you can steal the ball with almost no fouls, everytime. The control takes a while to get used to, but once you get it sorted out, theres no going back.

As other have said, knowing when to use :x: to tackle is paramount. But if you leave your foot stuck in, or if your directly impeding the opponent path, even if you've got the ball and he then clatters into you, a 'foul' will be called. So rob with :x: at the right moment and move off.

Using the 2nd player with :square: is a bit difficult, better to use it to pressure/close opponent only. Since if you press too much, you have little control if that player commit fouls or not.

FYI, now I give away so much less fouls then when I started. Most games I don't even get carded unless its intentional. (on some ML games, I like to delibrately injure opponents CF, if that palyer has been causing me problems) ;)

Cheers

I also find my tackling has improved... i never get cards and i maybe commit 5 fouls per game... and I DO win the ball... so all this nonsense about Konami screwing up the tackling just does not make sense to me.

jiwa mentioned that you have to use R2 + dir to nudge people off the ball... I find this works just as well as R1 + dir... the principle is that you edge into the attackers space ever so slightly and then the ball is yours.. it's exactly like real football and it WORKS in the game... of course, push too much and it's a foul, but it's now brilliantly subtle.

As for slide tackles, i can now pretty much time my tackles to win balls, especially if you slide perpendicular to block the path of the attacker. No probs...

Bear in mind, i am playing 6*, friendlies... maybe the AI cheats more elasewhere, but so far, I personally suspect that a lack of patience or over aggressive play is causing problems for many ppl.. :)

yeah! when I played we9 for the first time, I hated it, too.
but just a few matches after that, I noticed, that it's one of the best improvements of we9!! the differece to pes4/we8Le is, that you CAN't just tackle your opponent from behind, or from the side, without touching the ball, and get no whistle. and it's the same with square-button's cpu-tackling. that's totally perfect! in reallife, you get fouls for such tackling without touching the ball.
Anyone who remembers these news for we9?: "In we9 the players are stupid. that means, they do what you tell them to do and nearly nothing by themselfes".
that's what the players do in we9 if you press X or []. you say "tackle", and they're tackling. without thinking about fouls. YOU have to think about the fouls by pressing only tackle buttons, if your players come from good positions to tackle without fouls.
ya dig?

the only thing is truly, that the refs could give yellow cards, for stopping a counter by fouls, or last man fouls. that's true. but nothing else..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom