Carnivale

Cloud1863

Premiership
10 December 2004
Stoke City
I thought I would start a thread on this show too see who is interested in it and what peoples thoughts on the cancellation of the show. I have seen it advertised on FX for a year or so but never really bothered to watch it, until recently. I have just finished the second series and all I can say is WOW!!!! What a creative, well written tv program and I think that we don't really have many of them these days.

My two favourite shows at the moment are Lost and Prison Break. Carnivale has something in common with the two mentioned above. They have the ability to grab your attention from nowhere. Its the what happens next syndrome, you may find it hard to guess some or even most of the plot twists. Most tv shows that are on tv at the minute are so predictable it becomes "Brain Dead" tv.

Carnivale has two seasons and they are both excellent. Both available on DVD or the same way some of us UK viewers manage to acquire Lost. :p The only problem with the show is it is on hiatus at the moment. I have read letters form the creator of the show talking about trying to get the show put back on which is very much a possible outcome. Ill provide a link the the official website and the "Save Carnivale" website.

So if you don't watch it give it a go, if you do what is everyone's thoughts on the show, noting if anyone wants to discuss plot please use the spoiler tags.

http://www.hbo.com/carnivale/

http://www.savecarnivale.org/

Never heard of it but seems like a good show and I'll surely give it a look. By the way, do you have any idea when the next season of prison break starts?

Carnivale is quality and is certainly worth saving. As Deadwood would be but I think that costs too much to make.

It's one of the most expensive show ever. That's why it was cancelled. But it was so greeeeat.

I read that was one of the main reasons was the cost. They got a decent amount of viewers just not enough for the price it cost. A lot of talk that it may come back next year gives hope, I would love to see a proper ending to the show.

That's the least they should do...give a proper ending to it.

Back
Top Bottom