Charlton Athletic Supporters Thread

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
First of all, I wasn't sure whether to make the title of the thread plural or not as I don't know if there are any other Addicks on Evo-Web??? Hopefully I'll find out soon ;).

Created this thread to be like the many other club threads; news, transfers, gossip, pre/post match thoughts.

However, I cannot discuss with myself, so if there are any other Charlton fans on here, please show your support :mryellow:

Not a Charlton fan (well if I am allowed a second team, it might be them) but I am a Danny Murphy fan. Good luck with the thread........and sell Jeffers!!!:-P

Danny Murphy was brilliant on Saturday. I'm a season ticket holder so go to all home games, and that was the best I've seen him play so far.

Jeffers came on in the second half, and the jury's still out on him. He was good on Saturday and played a part in 2 of the 3 goals. I think Curbishley needs to give him a run in the team, just start him for 7 games in a row, then judge him. At the moment, he's just getting bits and pieces and not getting into any rythm.

Jeffers was pap for us, he was constantly injured. If he can get a run in the side then he may well score some goals, although I am sure he will be injured again soon ;).

He was terrible against us as sub this season. Will always remember him cheating against us for Arsenal at Highbury a couple of seasons back.:twisted: Will probably fall over his ears and get injured... :lol:

As for Murphy, he was player of the season two years back and that speaks volumes. A good pro and will do well for you in my opinion. Sorry to lose him instead of Diao, Diouf, etc. :(

lol, yeah, Jeffers had an ingrowing toenail the other week. I mean, that's just basic isn't it. Apparantly he's got a recurring neck problem as well.

Am getting to like Charlton after today - 1-0 away at Everton!!!Well done - better than my team today, we were atrocious.

Yeah, great win!!!

I didn't even expect a point to be honest!

Cracking goal by Matt Holland. Brilliant Volley. Be sure to watch on MoTD tonight!!!

Would have done but am in a different country at the mo' so it's a web job. Still not seen it yet.

Moderator creates thread in wrong discussion room! tut tut tut ;)

How is Pardew treating ya? Turned into an arrogant big time charlie wanker yet?!

Moderator creates thread in wrong discussion room! tut tut tut ;)

How is Pardew treating ya? Turned into an arrogant big time charlie wanker yet?!
Jesus, I thought this thread had died a terrible death long ago. And I wasn't a moderator when I created it, and there wasn't a separate place for club threads back then either! :-pp

Pardew is a great manager and nice bloke. It means something more to him as he used to play for us. He's a good motivator of the players and has positive influence on the team.

gomito, I really can't tell you about Gibbs as he hasn't played any first team football since his move about 2 years ago. The mans a walking sicknote.

Francole, Zheng Zhi is a good technical player, think he needs to boss games more, sometimes he drifts in and out of games, and he is clearly good enough to take the game and be the playmaker and demand more of the ball.

Last edited:
Pardew is a great manager and nice bloke. It means something more to him as he used to play for us. He's a good motivator of the players and has positive influence on the team.

Has he shagged one of the players wives yet? Or one of the club's secretaries? ('allegedly' of course!)
Or turned up at the training ground in a new Ferrari to show off?

Believe me mate, I really don't wanna sound bitter or argumentative and I know you believe in him, but I see all the signs of when he took over from us.
There will come a stage where his ego will take over and will lose the dressing room because of it.
Mine isn't so much of a dig at the club or him, but more as a pre warning of what to maybe expect. ;))

Jesus, I thought this thread had died a terrible death long ago. And I wasn't a moderator when I created it, and there wasn't a separate place for club threads back then either! :-pp

Ahhh.. fair enough :LOL:

All West Ham fans say that mate. We've learnt to ignore it at The Valley ;)) We've had a manager swap, and you've got the shitter one! :LOL:

Good win against the Blades today :)). We usually struggle against the better teams even though Sheff Utd have been wank this season. Great we got all 3 points. We really need to go on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season to get automatic promotion!

Scott Sinclair came on as sub, will be interesting to see how he does, I think he's a great player, can't wait for Tuesday night v Bristol City. A win there and we can put ourselves in a great position to push for automatic promotion.

I hope so, he's got really good potential. Be interesting to see how he does in the Championship :)).

flare.jpg

Fuckin inbred Bristol fans lit a flare in the crowd and then threw it onto the pitch after they scored their goal.

I hope the FA/Football League bans away fans at their away games for the next 5 games, but I bet they'll just get a small fine :((.

I'll be alright because there'll be crowds at Charlton games, but not Bristol City's :)).

Back
Top Bottom