Chelsea at it again?

RuneEdge said:
How the hell do you know that? Do you even know what happened?
Man Utd signed a deal with Mikel and his club Lyn Oslo where Mikel also said he's really happy to have signed for Man Utd. Then a while later, Mikel is absent for a training session with his team so the manager tries to contact him and finds out that he's been missing and even his family dont know where he is. I mean, he's only 18 so theres definately a problem here. Then they call the police and they find him hiding in a forest crying over the phone and he was accompanied by some Chelsea agents. Then at a press conference, he turns up almost crying again and says that he was forced to sign the contract.
I've seen all this myself cuz they showed footage of it all on MUTV including when he was in the forest, the press conferences, etc. And if any of you guys had seen it, there would be no doubt in your mind that this was all a set up by Chelsea.
I think both teams should pull out of their deal for this player cuz what he's been through is just wrong. But if any team is gonna have him, then its Man Utd and Mikel's current club has backed us up saying that the deal was done fairly and he should go to OT.

Who said you know anything?

Mikel already trained with us in December, I've seen him.

We have a deal with Oslo for 4 of their young African players, Mikel happens to be one of them. Hence the deal should be nul and void and hopefully he can do what he wishes and sign for us.

He actually trained for United in 2003 following the under-17 championship -

Darren Fletcher is the scout who found him.
Fletcher first spotted Mikel at the World Youth Championships held in Finland during the summer of 2003 - the Nigerian U-17 team had trained at United's Carrington Complex in the week prior to the tournament. It was the beginning of a transfer pursuit by United that has taken nearly two years to complete. Indeed, United had already decided that they wanted Mikel by the time Fletcher had signed the player to his agency in July 2004 and eventually got their man for a reported £4m on April 29th this year.

And apparently Mikel had 2 agents, which was the cause of the problem. 1 accepted United and 1 accepted Chelsea, which lead to the whole confusion. But the officially registered agent to FIFA is meant to be the one who signed him for Chelsea.

Last edited:
See now I'm starting to think its all Spurs fault for setting this all up.

I'm confused.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
The reason Ch£l$ki need a Sporting Director is because they can't do what Madrid have been doing for years - buying the best every year - and with an eye on future UEFA rules on limiting the number of foreigners in teams, Chelsea need to sort out their youth academy and nurture some home grown talent as well as tapping up every years Ballon D'Or winner.

In Arnesen, they have bought a man with a key eye on talent as seen in PSV - though these players didn't come to their peak some years after they were first bought, which is again, why Chelsea have approached Arnesen. Chelsea are at the moment spending a "loan" from Abramovich which he accepts back in kind - hence Kenyon saying "we need to become self efficient"... i.e., not having to fall back on sugar daddy's money. We'll probably see less of that Russian clapping seal in the future, but he'll still be around to see his investment return him his roubles. Ultimately, Chelsea want to garner the best youth of Europe as well as grass roots and then try to get the both worlds in future.

However, the apparent email to Tottenham's hierarchy in trying to ask about Arnesen's availability, while copying him into the original email is not a mistake, but a sly attempt to unsettle someone who they know will bring profit to their "business". Money talks i'm afraid - as you can see from "Glass Ankles" Cole. There is little loyalty nowadays due to the inflated wages paid to players. You only have to see the inept captain of our national football team and his wages to realise the world they live in is just so far detatched from reality it is comical.

If they are found guilty of approaching Tottenham, I hope the FA throw the book at them. But as all you UK resident forum members know - the FA stands for the notion of what they tend to do in these high profile situations - F*CK ALL.

Really good point of view IceMan I couldn't agree with you more, the thing is with Chelski is they want to be more recognised then teams like Real Madrid, AC Milan and even Manchester United this will never happen because like a lot of people said they have no class. It's more of a case of what Abramovich wants Abramovich gets. I think the only way to teach a team like Chelski is to deduct points, not a measly 3 points but something that will make them think twice before unsettling other teams

If I was Chelsea, I'd be worried cuz what if Mourinho and Abramovich suddenly say "I cant take all this abuse. I want to leave."
Chelsea would basically be left to die.
And they would have to sell all their players to pay all the debt Abramovich has.

RuneEdge said:
See now I'm starting to think its all Spurs fault for setting this all up.

I'm confused.

Yeah because spurs would of course wanna lose the best DOF in europe for a player that though good will not sort out all of our problems.

It just like chelsea to pretend they are the good guys. I think Spurs will know if they take parker they will not have a leg to stand on with the FA but if we go to the FA then thats what they will do again (sweet FA)

Spurs and the rest of the premier are fuked now anyway. chelsea will soak up anything thats good in England and rule the prem for a good few ears now as they can do what they want with no punishment.

So im gunna start by saying goodbye to all our best players: Defoe, Robbinson, King, Zeigler, Dawson. chelsea will have them all to meet new regulations. then whos next to rip apart......mabey United then Liverpool and so on until every other team is left with Chelsea rejects.

What a sport!! what a league!!what a load of sh*t!!

No one is getting booted out of the champions league, this has nothing to do with the champions league or UEFA, stop trying to find excuses to put Liverpool in. The system is simple, you come 4th or above, you get in, you come 5th or lower, you dont. Simple as that. Why should Everton suffer after theyve worked so hard just beacuse another team succeeded in the Champions League. The Champions League is meant to represent the best teams from each country. The measure of best is the league. The league consists of 38 games where you must show consistency. The Champions League involves a major degree of luck. Im not saying that Liverpool were the only ones that experienced this luck(DelPiero offside, Gallas ball over line etc.), its just a natural part of the Champions League. Even Jose Mourinho experienced this luck when he won it with Porto(anyone recall the Scholes goal which was not counted for an offside? This was Manchester United v Porto). This is why I think that Everton to qualify, Liverpool did not do enough. They should have concentrated on their Champions League form and Premier Leauge form (eg. Manchester United treble 1999) or Chelsea this season (Semi Final & Won the league). This is why I think that Liverpool fans should not find excuses to just squeeze in, they dont deserve it, even though I would much rather see them in the Champions League rather than Everton, as they are great club with a great set of fans that i respect a lot.

Sulph said:
No one is getting booted out of the champions league, this has nothing to do with the champions league or UEFA, stop trying to find excuses to put Liverpool in. The system is simple, you come 4th or above, you get in, you come 5th or lower, you dont. Simple as that. Why should Everton suffer after theyve worked so hard just beacuse another team succeeded in the Champions League. The Champions League is meant to represent the best teams from each country. The measure of best is the league. The league consists of 38 games where you must show consistency. The Champions League involves a major degree of luck. Im not saying that Liverpool were the only ones that experienced this luck(DelPiero offside, Gallas ball over line etc.), its just a natural part of the Champions League. Even Jose Mourinho experienced this luck when he won it with Porto(anyone recall the Scholes goal which was not counted for an offside? This was Manchester United v Porto). This is why I think that Everton to qualify, Liverpool did not do enough. They should have concentrated on their Champions League form and Premier Leauge form (eg. Manchester United treble 1999) or Chelsea this season (Semi Final & Won the league). This is why I think that Liverpool fans should not find excuses to just squeeze in, they dont deserve it, even though I would much rather see them in the Champions League rather than Everton, as they are great club with a great set of fans that i respect a lot.
Exactly what I've been trying to say.
Liverpool being in the CL is just not right. Its simply against the rules.

That was pretty interesting.
I dont see how players wouyld want to join a team like this knowing that theres no loyalty in the club and that you can easily lose your spot if someone better comes along. I mean, when they first bought Drogba, he must have been thinking that he's going to join a team with a lot of potential and can win him some silverware. But now he knows that he's very likely to lose his spot when Chelsea sign a new striker. Do you think Drogba would have honestly joined Chelsea if he knew he might be leaving the next season?

RuneEdge said:
Liverpool being in the CL is just not right. Its simply against the rules.

Yeah, i made some pretty good points there :p.

RuneEdge said:
Liverpool being in the CL is just not right.

Real Zaragoza being thrown out & Madrid being aloud
to defend the cup was not right, but it happened.

Its simply against the rules.

Rules? Hahaha, I guess you take the Geneva Convention serious
huh? Rules that were set by a bunch of suits(with power) in the position to alter them how they like.

We will have to see the what the outcome is on Friday.

I dont see how players wouyld want to join a team like this knowing that theres no loyalty in the club and that you can easily lose your spot if someone better comes along. I mean, when they first bought Drogba, he must have been thinking that he's going to join a team with a lot of potential and can win him some silverware.

Veron, Crespo, Parker. ££££££££££££

Do you think Drogba would have honestly joined Chelsea if he knew he might be leaving the next season?

He perfectly knew too well but was blinded by the £££££££.

Look how Parker has gone down the shitter before making the jump, Curbishley got down on his hands & knees practically beg Parker to see out the rest of the season then he would be free to join whoever he liked.

At the time Parker was a phenommenommnmn there was no need for him to move, Sven was watching him and taking note. He got blinded by the ££££££,
head got warped spat back what Curbishley had done for him and fucked off.

Now look at him and his got cheek to still be wanting £55k a week when he moves to a new club.

Drogba admitted before he joined that he wanted to stay at Marseille for another year but he could not turn down the financial package offered by Chelsea. Looking at the wage list published by Deloitte you can see how ridiculous Chelseas behaviour is. They more than doubled their wage bill in 1 season and that doesn't take into account this years new contracts for the likes of Terry and Lampard.

Obviously Chelsea fans enjoy the success but nothing beats seeing a squad built up from scratch going on to win the title.

Nickybaker said:
Drogba admitted before he joined that he wanted to stay at Marseille for another year but he could not turn down the financial package offered by Chelsea. Looking at the wage list published by Deloitte you can see how ridiculous Chelseas behaviour is. They more than doubled their wage bill in 1 season and that doesn't take into account this years new contracts for the likes of Terry and Lampard.

Obviously Chelsea fans enjoy the success but nothing beats seeing a squad built up from scratch going on to win the title.

Spot on!!

I think Chelsea fans can see how bad there club looks but hey, you cant blame them for turning a blind eye and making excusses for there team.

Im now feeling better bout the situation as we still have Jol and he was the man who got the team to play as they did last season, not Frank.

We'll miss his contacts but i feel this was his plan all along. get yourself more publisity in a bigger leauge ie. the prem and wait for the big boys to offer the £££ for your service.

Im sure this isn't the end though as Chelski are bound to keep doing it as they know the FA are to cicken to REALLY punish them.

Back
Top Bottom