Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Well, i thought seeing as everyone else has one, we might as well too. And i know there are a few of us here to perhaps keep this going, if not bump it up every now and then. Now seems as good a time to start one, what with the Ruskis taking over, and all the transfer bid speculation going on. If you're a non Chelsea fan looking for trouble, don't even think about it in here, because i'll come and find you. :mrgreen:
So, anyone got any ideas who we are most likely to get on our shopping list? I'd like to see a new face up front, especially if J-F is going to shoot blanks again this season. A creative midfielder would be nice, to fill in that Zola role (i'd swoop for Okocha any day). And maybe a new CB, or LB/RB as there are always injury problems there, especially with Desailly and Le Saux getting on a bit, and Babayaro being the headless chicken he is :mrgreen: .

Last edited:
Alright mate, nice to see another chelsea fan is this forum.

Shopping list eh, well it seems we have been linked to every big name under the sun nesta, shevchenko, rivaldo, rooney etc..

With the pull of the champions league we could get some decent players, and now our budget is huge we should be able to pick some of the best. Personally i would like some new attacking mid player, to link the mid and forward line together, not sure who but someone in the mould of rui costa or roskicy (the flair player for dortmund). If we could get aimar that would be idea but like thats going to happen.

We have got some talent coming up so i hope there not going to be snubbed cause of this big cash injection the likes of terry, cole, knessiel, forsell etc...

I agree about J F not right at all last season and maybe we should have cashed in, but now we have the money not such a big loss.

So what ya think of last season, not bad i thought if we could keep zenden (not conviced yet but seems good) and gronkjer fit and playing we could cause lots of problems. Maybe a big brusier upfront to get on the end of crosses, don`t mention sutton, espically handy if we stick to the 4-4-2 which we seemed to favour.

Laters

Zola we will miss ya

Yeah, Vieri upfront would be nice :mrgreen: But seriously a new danger man in attack would be appreciated.
Agreed about Zenden, still hasn't come into his own. Seemed better at Barca, pehaps he needs a different role.

vieri, sounds sweet to me, might as well add another huge transfer to his history. Speaking of left wingers, maybe a cheaky bid for recoba, or a rising star.

Up front currently we have J F, Gud, Forsell, Cole and some young uns. We need someone who can link with Gud well, so a target man would be idea who has a good technical abilty Kluivert 8) anyone, cheap and can afford wages he wants, excellent in the air and with ball at his feet and good linkup man.

How do you think we would do with current team in champions league, we had a good run last time until we hit barcelona?

Well, i definitely want to see a couple of big/good names added to the squad before we contemplate getting anywhere in the CL. We didn't do too badly last time, with some good results against AC Milan and in one of the Barca legs :oops: only. Remember going 3 up against Barca? 8) I reckon this sudden cash injection might prick up the ears of some money grabbing players, but that'll be for the wrong reason.
I'm sure there was a bid for Forsell a while back from a German side, didn't go through then. I wonder if Oliviera will get some games this season. Going to be tough though. cole is certainly looking a good prospect, he's pretty skillfull for a tall lanky forward. I like him, makes a good sub.

I bet this thread will be popular as your being linked with players every ten minutes!! :mrgreen:

Well said Zico, bloody UK newspapers :twisted: .

Zico is one of my pro evo 2 sides kicks arse he does.

I`m waiting for the bid for beckham :D

rowlanl said:

He's great aint he!

I can't believe Chelsea are trying to take Thierry Henry and Sol Campbell away from us gooners. :twisted:

Zico one of my fav support man him and mardonna dream team!

Yeah like we could get those out of your side, henry would be nice thou, campbell and gallas would be a class together.

rowlanl said:
Zico one of my fav support man him and mardonna dream team!

Yeah like we could get those out of your side, henry would be nice thou, campbell and gallas would be a class together.

agreed, but Terry is without doubt one of the best up-and-coming players in england, he needs to be playing every week this year!!

3 at the back i think!!!

HENRY, VIERI and GUDJOHNSON up front next year!!

3-4-3 all the way!!!

Terydinho said:
agreed, but Terry is without doubt one of the best up-and-coming players in england, he needs to be playing every week this year!!

3 at the back i think!!!

HENRY, VIERI and GUDJOHNSON up front next year!!

3-4-3 all the way!!!

now thats what i call a front line, good balance up front, some quality mid in the vogue of ballack would be idea, keep our current wingers, and put terry, des and gallas. That would do well in champions league as well as the premier we can dream eh!

chelsea are being linked with just bout everyone now.heres who they are linked with:

henry
campbell
kewell
davids
mia hamm
michael jordan
shaq o'neal
evander holyfield
mohamed ali
michael schumacher
andre agassi
jonah lomu
santa claus
rudolph the red nose reindeer

and chelsea are apparently trying to revive bill shankly to manage them!

As i said in the other thread, i bet the Chelsea fans would love to see the back of that flop Zenden.

I may be a Utd fan but i'm glad this Russki has bought into Chelsea. Should liven things up!!

Zico said:
rowlanl said:

He's great aint he!

I can't believe Chelsea are trying to take Thierry Henry and Sol Campbell away from us gooners. :twisted:

wouldnt suprise me if judas campbell went 2, bein the money grabber he is!!!

cant c all the players goin 2 chelsea that have been linked with em, butit sure would make the league more exciting.

Cashed-up Chelsea will attempt to bring Inter Milan centre-forward Christian Vieri to London next season.The Italian international's future at Inter isn't watertight after a public falling out with president Massimo Moratti and also criticizing trainer Hector Cuper's tactics last season.
Manchester United have been linked with Vieri in recent weeks, with skipper Roy Keane urging manager Sir Alex Ferguson to bring the Australian-born striker to Old Trafford.
However, Sunday press reports suggest Vieri's name is high on Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's shopping list.
After enquiring after Arsenal's Thierry Henry and also AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta, Chelsea have the funds capable of bringing Vieri, who speaks perfect English, to the Premiership for the new season.

Fabio Capello is one of the names being tipped by the UK media to take control of Russian-owned Chelsea, but the AS Roma boss confirmed he is staying with the financially torn Serie A side.
"I enjoy the reports that are linking me to the Chelsea bench, but I'm only thinking about Roma," said Capello.
The former Real Madrid boss also reiterated his admiration for Fernando Morientes.
"Morientes is a great player, and the fact that he remain a starter on the Spanish national team without having a starting role on Real goes to prove this."

Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi says that Edgar Davids is not available for transfer, despite the Dutchman being linked with Chelsea.
"Davids has never been on the market and never will be," he said. "The Dutchman is and will be at Juventus because he wants it and so do we. Therefore all the news about this is without reason."

sure, Henry is one of Arsenal best players, but £50 million!! I think they'd be crazy not to sell him. You could bring in 3 outstanding attack minded players for that, no hang on, they could buy a decent defender :mrgreen: instead of that Cygan bloke. THey won't ever get offered that silly amount of cash ever again for him or any other player. Arsenal can't afford to bring in a big names this summer without offloading any, like Pires, Ljundberg or Henry. I will laugh if Henry gets injured and is out for months.

The players that your touting about are ludacris. Most wont fit into teh style of teh Chelsea team, and will just disrupt the continuity. All we need is myabe 1 RB, 1-2 Central Midfielders, and 1 wide man. NO striekrs, we already have class strikers, and Kluivert is overated, and Vieri would just bog down, Cole and Forsell. Henry yes he's great, but 50 Million ;O... he aint coming anyway ;(| - having said that i would love to piss The Gooners off.

I see Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Glen Johnson of West Ham United. Would be a good signing this as i've seen this guy alot of times and he's impressed me.

Zico said:
I see Chelsea are closing in on the signing of Glen Johnson of West Ham United. Would be a good signing this as i've seen this guy alot of times and he's impressed me.

that is a really good signing if he comes, he is definately the future right back of england! class young player! :mrgreen:

On bbc website a fee has been accepted for Glen so as long as there are no contracts probs he should come.

Did anyone see him play, is he any good?

rowlanl said:
On bbc website a fee has been accepted for Glen so as long as there are no contracts probs he should come.

Did anyone see him play, is he any good?

Well i've seen him a bit and he can certainly play mate. He's very composed on the ball and good at going forward, also can play centre back.

Geremi is nearing Chelsea switch.

Chelsea are going to have some team by the start of the season. :(

I remember Geremi almost came to the bridge a season or two ago. Looks like now he's on his way. Hope so, he's useful. Next player please!. :mrgreen: More, we want more! :mrgreen:

on Talk Sport today, there was an interview with one of the directors, and we are chasing Shevchenko for about £16million

Shevchenko, Gudjohnsson and Kluivert up front next year, with young Cole making the odd subs apperance and forsell as a rotaion player we will have a great strike force!!!

Glen Johnson at right back is a great acquisition - possibly one of the best signing all summer if we get him, in terms of value for money! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom