Chelsea or Manchester United to win the Premiership 06/07?

E

El Diego

Out of the two clubs, who you rather won it and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather Man Utd win it because they play entertaining football - unlike Chelsea who I really couldn't care to watch ever again.

I also think Man Utd deserve it as well. They have worked hard this season, and we have seen the best of a lot of their players. They are still on course to win the title in my view, and I really hope they will do.

I would like to see United win it, they play fast, flowing football and their play is a lot more varied than Chelsea's.

On top of this their manager seems to talk more sense than Chelsea's and I just don't like any Chelsea players.

I hate Lampard and I hate Terry, I hate Ashley Cole and I hate Makelele, and I'm a United fan, so I guess that would mean us

plus we've been trully entertaining this year

Man U deserves it, but i hope Chelsea wins it...a club who calls his stadium "the theatre of dreams" is pathetic IMHO...but who am i????

It's a well known fact that since the trebl (which was splendid) i don't like the club anymore...so i'm a litle biased...

I hate man U - but you can't deny the way they have played this season- they have won and in style. If a team wins playing the way that Man U do - you can't take that away from them.

Man U all the way. Chelsea grind out results and they have definately taken over - my hate for Chelsea is definately higher than for Man U.

Man U deserve it end of story - if Chelsea win it it will be bad for football.

Man U deserves it, but i hope Chelsea wins it...a club who calls his stadium "the theatre of dreams" is pathetic IMHO...but who am i????

It's a well known fact that since the trebl (which was splendid) i don't like the club anymore...so i'm a litle biased...
news.yawn.jpg

Ahem, sorry for being rude. Great reason for choosing Chelsea, by the way. :applause:

I can understand you, but it's hardly i crime that i prefer Chelsea isn't it....and why do i think that you are one of the thousands of glory hunters who began to support Man U when the ywere succesfull...

But let's not begin another pointless discussion (as much my mistake as yours), why don't you tell me when and at what age you began to support Man U...what are your oldes memories...who are your favourite players...do you have hfavourite players before they were successfull???

It's not because we have other preferences that we must act like enemies...

I can understand you, but it's hardly i crime that i prefer Chelsea isn't it....and why do i think that you are one of the thousands of glory hunters who began to support Man U when the ywere succesfull...
Well I'm sorry that I wasnt alive around the time we werent as successful. :roll:

And my post was just pointing out how you dont have a reason to choose Chelsea over Man Utd. Atleast you could have said "Chelsea play well" or "I like their style of football" or "I like <insert Chelsea player>". But instead you just said "a club who calls his stadium "the theatre of dreams" is pathetic." What the hell is that supposed to mean? You've said this stuff before many times but NEVER been able to justify your reason for hating our team. Everyone here has an opinion and most are understandable. If someone like Antred doesnt like Man Utd, its pretty obvious why. But you I'll never get cuz you dont even have a valid reason.

Well I'm sorry that I wasnt alive around the time we werent as successful. :roll:

And my post was just pointing out how you dont have a reason to choose Chelsea over Man Utd. Atleast you could have said "Chelsea play well" or "I like their style of football" or "I like <insert Chelsea player>". But instead you just said "a club who calls his stadium "the theatre of dreams" is pathetic." What the hell is that supposed to mean? You've said this stuff before many times but NEVER been able to justify your reason for hating our team. Everyone here has an opinion and most are understandable. If someone like Antred doesnt like Man Utd, its pretty obvious why. But you I'll never get cuz you dont even have a valid reason.

Apart from the fact that it is irrelevant that i would need a reason to choose Chelsea over Man Utd.....i have plenty.
I've always liked Chelsea, i don't know why (do you know exactly why Man Utd is your favourite team???)...they have plenty of players i do like a lot: having been (a very bad) Gk myself i'm a fan of Peter Cech (although i like Vander sar a lot too). I like Chelsea because they are "new"...i like Lampard, i like Paulo Ferreira, i especially liked Duff, i like Drogba this year...and what i like most of all is the fact that Cheslea never give up...how many times did they not score a decisive goal after 80 minutes of play...that is great.

Now about Man Utd and the theatre of dreams...you just don't understand what i want to say...maybe it's the fact that i express myself inaccurately because i'm a non native English speaker (i'll be glad to discuss with you in Dutch...), maybe it's because you are biased or obsessed...
In 2000 i made a city trip with some friends to Manchester (i liked the city a lot) and i made the mistake to visit Old Trafford and the fan shop...it represented all what football should not be....too commercial, not inclined to any form of understatement...there is more in the world than football: art...literature...poverty...injustice...Manchester United (or any football club) is only a footnote in history...a special television channel only about a football club...come on....i simply was disappointed when it turned out that my favourite football club stood for principles that were entirely opposite to mine....
I know very well that it could have been any football club, but this used to be my favourite football club and i was disgusted by it all...you don't understand that...you may even loathe me for it...but i have the right to have my own opinion...

It's called the Theatre of Dreams because the fans are always asleep.

Seriously, it's a very quiet place. :lol:

Apart from the fact that it is irrelevant that i would need a reason to choose Chelsea over Man Utd.....i have plenty.
I've always liked Chelsea, i don't know why (do you know exactly why Man Utd is your favourite team???)...they have plenty of players i do like a lot: having been (a very bad) Gk myself i'm a fan of Peter Cech (although i like Vander sar a lot too). I like Chelsea because they are "new"...i like Lampard, i like Paulo Ferreira, i especially liked Duff, i like Drogba this year...and what i like most of all is the fact that Cheslea never give up...how many times did they not score a decisive goal after 80 minutes of play...that is great.
Fair enough. Maybe you should have wrote that the first time around.

Now about Man Utd and the theatre of dreams...you just don't understand what i want to say...maybe it's the fact that i express myself inaccurately because i'm a non native English speaker (i'll be glad to discuss with you in Dutch...), maybe it's because you are biased or obsessed...
In 2000 i made a city trip with some friends to Manchester (i liked the city a lot) and i made the mistake to visit Old Trafford and the fan shop...it represented all what football should not be....too commercial, not inclined to any form of understatement...there is more in the world than football: art...literature...poverty...injustice...Manchester United (or any football club) is only a footnote in history...a special television channel only about a football club...come on....i simply was disappointed when it turned out that my favourite football club stood for principles that were entirely opposite to mine....
I know very well that it could have been any football club, but this used to be my favourite football club and i was disgusted by it all...you don't understand that...you may even loathe me for it...but i have the right to have my own opinion...
Theres nothing wrong with your English, mate. I understood this the first time. But my point then (and also today) is what you just said yourself (the bit in bold). It happens at almost every club at the highest level. Cantona retired early for the exact same reason because thats the direction that football has taken. You could have grown up as a Real Madrid fan or some other club and then experienced the same thing, Its not Man Utd's fault.
But whats even more strange is that you're chosing Chelsea over Man Utd in this thread when the whole world knows that Chelsea are the ones who are using every aggressive strategy in the book to become exactly what you hate, a huge money making machine.

Balance has tipped in their favour maybe but if we don't lose at Stamford Bridge and win the other three it's ok.

You never know, Newcastle might surprise us and get a draw, then it's back to the same as before. At least it's interesting this year.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you Rune...Chelsea is the protype of all what i did not like about Man Utd (after all they have Kenyon now)...but i never had the deep sentimental relatioship with Chelsea that i had with Man Utd...you can say i felt kind of betrayed (big words, too big...).
It's all very subjective but being fan is subjective...

I sometimes think your opinion about me is too negative...i've said enough recently that Man Utd have a splendid team...and i still have very sweet memories about Man Utd and a few of great players...a person like Vannizllefashizzal seems to understand this...

I sometimes think your opinion about me is too negative...
Its just that you let that hatred take over you and then you come out with really biased opinions against Man Utd. I'd expect that from a Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool fan but not from you.

Apart from the fact thati don't hate Man Utd, you are right...
Most Man utd fans find it "disturbing" that i'm very critical of Man Utd not becuase i support another club, not because of another club but because of what Man Utd became...something i don't like at all (but to put things in perspective, there are millions of things that are much worse than what has become of Man Utd...the mistake i made is that by thimes i became rather provocative...i should not have done that).

And on-topic: i'm writing this without knowing the result of Newcastle-Chelsea...it isn't exactly garantueed that Chelsea will win this match...they are under presure too...

Edit a couple of minutes later: a draw....i think Man Utd are in pole position again...but both clubs will loose points...

Last edited:
Probably because they're tired from travelling long distances to games, or suffering from jet-lag :lol:

:lmao: That was rather good.

Tbh, I don't really care much who wins it in the end, however because Man U fans annoy me more then I hope Chelsea win.

FD

Celtic fans annoy me more than anyone. They actually think their team is good because they beat Hibernian 19 times a season. :yawns:

united have been the better team this season, but united have dominated the premiership for nearly a decade, so i still want Chelsea to win.

Back
Top Bottom