Civilization: Revolution

Re: Civilization: Revolution for Xbox 360/PS3

Sell it and buy Civ IV for the PC, FAR better ;))

up the difficulty and you'll find it's better - the ai will try to win at all costs. i prefer the middle difficulty setting

Sell it and buy Civ IV for the PC, FAR better ;))

Might get Civ4 if I get into this one. I'm hopefully getting an iMac later, so I'll see if they do a Mac version.

up the difficulty and you'll find it's better - the ai will try to win at all costs. i prefer the middle difficulty setting

Cheers, that sounds a bit more hopeful. I'll stick with this level for a bit longer and see if much else changes, if not, I'll restart on the next level.

Picked it up for £20 on the PS3, it's actually quite a good game, the maps are a bit small, but it's still decent enough. I hear they're making addons for it so hopefully it'll improve.

Just upped the skill level to 2 this morning and already its a much better game - more exciting, I am no longer the dominant leader and my un-easy truce with the Aztecs is all about to go pear-shaped in an all out war!

Loving it - Dags, whats better about the PC/Mac (got a Mac in the end - and CIV4 is made for it), version compared to PS3?

May have to *cough* get it laters :)

Better? FAR more than you can think of. I'm talking hundreds (thousands?) of features not in Civ Rev.

The biggest thing missing is the map size. Civ Rev is way too small for my liking. Civ IV can possibly take hours to find another civ, there's just that much more to do.

I think even Civ II has more features than Civ Rev, and Civ II is OLD!

Better? FAR more than you can think of. I'm talking hundreds (thousands?) of features not in Civ Rev.

The biggest thing missing is the map size. Civ Rev is way too small for my liking. Civ IV can possibly take hours to find another civ, there's just that much more to do.

I think even Civ II has more features than Civ Rev, and Civ II is OLD!

Dunno, might stick with CivRev as I quite like the quick game play - dont wanna get too deep into something as I barely have time to play anything at the mo anyway.

Was the same with FM - I had to ban myself from it (uninstall it) from all my PCs as I just took too much time to play!

Thanks, I'll probably check it out one day when its quiet.

Just watched the intro to the first CIV game and it's made me regret trading civ Rev in. noit that Civ Rev was ace but I'm in the mood for it now. Think I'll pick up Civ IV - the only thing only holding me back at the moment is it looks bloody complicated.

Is it easy to pick up and play or will I have to take a 3 year degree course on the game before I can do anything?

If you knew what to do in Civ Rev, you'll do fine in Civ IV. Make sure you pick up the expansions, especially Beyond The Sword.

Civ Rev isn't a spot on Civ IV, trust me.

That's the one you want, it was £6.99 or something a few weeks ago as well.

Runs fine on Vista, I run it on my laptop and it runs perfectly well.

I found IV boring after Rev so be warned.

I got it for Mac and there is just no atmosphere, no real easy indication of what you are doing etc.

Much prefer Rev (but thats probably because I joined the series very late).

Hmmm... my only problems with Civ Rev were the tiny maps and war crazy AI. I remember playing Civ 1 and enjoying how that was and thats what i was hoping for with Civ Rev. Which of the games are the closest to civ 1 without being shitty to look at today?

Civ IV. The maps can be HUUUUUGE on that. And the AI is much better, I had a 6-hour game last time, with no wars at all :DD

Colonization is out soon as well, looking forward to that! The original was a classic :DD

there is a fair bit of d/l content for this on the ps3 now, some of it is free..

some of it was about 75p a few months ago - then they pulled it and put it back on the other day for about £3.70

another free addon was added to the PS3 store today (and there was another one but you have to pay for that)

Was under a tenner at Zavvi about a month ago, 12.99 at Game, Gameplay etc

Back
Top Bottom