• Both equal

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

marukomu

Ecchi otoko
26 November 2005
Okayama, Japan
Man Utd, Stockport County
What is most important to you? The club you support or your country, or do you like them in equal measures?

Good question.

Club. I've been proud of a lot of their performances, purely because they actually give 100% (when we had John Aldridge it was one of the best times of my life - hopefully we can bag Robbie Fowler now, hahaha), whereas England... Well, none of their recent performances fill me with any kind of joy (the last I can remember that filled me with pride is their last match of Italia 90 - I can just barely remember it as I was very young, but I remember Venables being an incredible manager).

Club for me too. It's more personal. I chose that team when I was a kid.
England always seemed like a London team in the old days as they always played at Wembley, but recently, they've played around the country. Unfortunately, I was in Japan so didn't get the chance to see them... maybe I'd have been more passionate about them.

Club here, i want england to do well, but having seen them pretty much f$%k up every chance they have had and now having an idiot in charge really makes me care less and less. Most of the players never look like they care either, whereas for club the passion gerrard, terry, lampard, neviller show seems far greater.

Given the choice of England the WC or Liverpool the CL/Prem ill choose liverpool everytime.

you two just won the world cup. I bet that helps.
Their country won the World Cup and their club team won the Champions League.

Ah well, they'll never know the joy of watching a team get relegated to their country's third tier of football and five years later get ever closer to returning.

...:(

I think in General, Italians support their national team a lot more than British people do. I think its a cultural thing since the Italian football team is looked up to as the main representatives of Italy. England have cricket and rugby as well which are big.

Club. I've been Supporting Villa for nearly 25 years. The club's a big part of my life. Alot of my time, emotion's and money have gone with Villa. I don't have that Day to Day connection with my international Team, (Ireland), although i do support them. I live in New Zealand now, and my dedication to the Club extends to getting up at ridiculous hour's to watch us play!

I think in General, Italians support their national team a lot more than British people do. I think its a cultural thing since the Italian football team is looked up to as the main representatives of Italy. England have cricket and rugby as well which are big.
I'm guessing its more to do with the English National side being shit.

Runedge said:

i'd say both of u are right. :)
afterall we don't live just for football.....
..there are also volleyball, basket, swimming, waterpolo, canoe, SAILING, formula 1 and moto gp :mrgreen:

all theese sports are almost as important as football in italy (in certain places, some of them, are even more important than footie)

Ah well, they'll never know the joy of watching a team get relegated to their country's third tier of football and five years later get ever closer to returning.

i know that "joy", Jack :( ... but, talking about palermo, it wasn't about 5 years later.... it was about 32 years later (actually i didn't see my team getting relegted, as i wasn't even born yet)

Last edited:

so because they are shit you don't support them??The day they will be strong again you will support them,will u?after that you you'll talk about glory hunter...

so because they are shit you don't support them??The day they will be strong again you will support them,will u?after that you you'll talk about glory hunter...
No, I think he means that is the reason why many English people do not support their national team, compared to Italian people, whose national team has won the World Cup. There is also the fact that England has become a multicultural society, so it is mainly the English families (people whose family background comes from England) that support England. I don't think Italy is anywhere as near as multicultural as England.

I support England during the competitions, I can get quite excited when it's the World Cup or European Championships. But all the friendlies in-between just depress me. Before the match there's three days of newspapers saying Rooney is God in an England shirt, and then after the match there's three days of newspapers saying Rooney has "lost it", he's "burnt out" and McClaren needs a public hanging for picking him, what was he thinking...

With my club team (possibly not with those who support Premiership teams), it's a question of going to the match and then... That's it for another week. Not constant media coverage of how great you are, no we've changed our mind you're crap now, no we've changed our mind again that one cross you managed was brilliant, no wait we were wrong you're still crap, ring this number if you disagree and if you do then tomorrow we'll change back to thinking you're great again...

Country. And if I actually supported a club team it would still be country.

Almost equal for me, but my favorite club is obviously Boca, and I love my national team Colombia as well...but I feel more strongly for Boca, in all honesty.

Country. USA until I die. If there was a squad outside the MLS with more than a handful US players on it I would choose to support them and my country equally.

Country. Us Scots are very proud our heritage, being te first team to beat England after they won the WC and also digging up half of Wembley. Happy memories all round!

Back
Top Bottom