CM5 and FM2005.

i still dont get what the diffrence betwen FM5 & CM5....

FM 2005 (PC)
Release: Dec 2004

CM 5 (PC)
Release: Oct 2004

FM2005 is developed by Sports Interactive and uses the same codebase as the previous Championship Manager series.

Eidos and BGS took the name and look of the Championship Manager series but then had to write the game from scratch. The result is the continuation of the CM series just in name.

Rafau said:
football manager 2005 beta demo ---> available on 23rd September

great, its on my birthday

does somebody know where i can get patches, updates, logos etc. for cm 03/04?

i´m gonna play it for the first time tonight.

thx in advance

Football Manager 2005 is the new football management game from Sports Interactive and is set for release in Q4 2004. Here is a list of confirmed new features (check out the screenshots at the bottom of the page!)
Updated user interface

Football Manager’s user interface will look markedly different to anything that has come before. Navigation between screens will be easier, with each screen explaining what information is on offer and how to get to other, related information. Consistency between separate game elements will also be more noticeable than in previous football management games: operations such as player filtering and sorting will now work consistently throughout the game. The game’s look – which now includes a two-panel option – will also be easily customised, allowing managers to store their preferred views and to return quickly to them.

Refined game engine

Sports Interactive’s long-standing and award-winning game engine has been refined and tuned in accordance with the feedback received from fans of its previous games. For example, the new game incorporate more than 30 extra fields for player data, including the all-new new ‘preferred moves’.

Updated database and competition rules

As has always been the case with Sports Interactive’s management simulations, Football Manager 2005’s database and competition simulation will be as up-to-date and accurate as is humanly possible.

Pre- and post-match information

Managers will be presented with enhanced information before and after each match, to show team line-ups, injuries and tactics before the match, and lots of stats about the match afterwards.

International player news

For the first time, managers will receive information on international performances, allowing them follow their players’ careers and ascertain how they are performing at the highest level.

Cup summary news

Events which unfold in each round of all of the major cup competitions will be delivered to the manager in a news summary.

2D clips from agents

Managers are likely to receive ‘video clips’ (executed using the game’s acclaimed 2D match engine) of a player’s performances, sent to them by that player’s agent with view to a possible transfer.

Coach reports on squads

In addition to commenting on individual players, coaches will now offer their opinions on the squad as a whole, thus helping managers to decide which areas of their team need improvement.

Job centre for non-playing positions

Non-playing jobs will be advertised through an in-game ‘Job Centre’, improving the manager’s ability to hire coaches and other staff.

Mutual Contract termination

Managers will be able to offer surplus players an opportunity to agree mutual contract termination, which will reduce the cost of releasing players and trimming squads.

Enhanced player loan options

Managers can now approach other clubs to offer young players on loan, a process which will make it easier to give younger players competitive experience. Also, when players’ loan periods expire, the manager will have an opportunity to extend the loan (where appropriate).

Manager ‘mind games’

Managers can click on any other manager’s name and issue a comment to the media relating to that person. The effects of these comments will see an increase in the amount of pressure surrounding title races, relegation battles, Cup ties and so on. It will also be possible to use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs, media pundits etc.

Football Manager 2005 – Further Features

Playable leagues in 43 countries.
More than 140 playable senior divisions and in excess of 100 playable cup competitions.
Reserve and junior league competitions.
More than 235,000 players and staff (from 145 different countries) with players boasting more than 120 separate attributes and non-playing staff boasting 40.
A database of more than 14,000 clubs, 3,000 of which can be managed.
Data supplied by a network of more than 2,500 researchers from around the world.
Updated 2D ‘top-down’ match engine.
Improved ‘radio commentary’.
Increased interaction with the media.
Reworked injury system.
Improved scouting system.
Improved finance module to reflect the changing face of football.
Comments when negotiating with human managers (network multi-player game only).
Inclusion of U18 Caps.
More realistic awards system.

--------------------

from the dugout.tv ;)

-----------------------

looks really great , cant wait.. :D ,

it will be realesed in Dec. ;)

i got the beta demo of football manager 2005 this morning.

will be trying it out in a bit.

can we get the demo, too?

but i dont understand one thing.i always thought fm2005 is made by ea sports?

look here, the german fm2005 site www.fm2005.de

and the release is in 3 weeks.

edit: ok, i understand now.in england the game is called total club manager.

this means we will have 3 manager games this year

Last edited:
Just a reminder to you guys that the PC Beta demo will be released online at 3pm UK time this afternoon. :)

I'll happily MSN-it to anyone who's got Messenger (it's that good that I don't mind in the slightest - it's not like it will stop me playing the game anyway :D).

Address in profile. :)

Either that or someone with 32mb's worth of webspace give me a shout!

Quality! I'm getting huge speeds on torrent :shock:

97kb/s I think thats the fastest I've ever got... ever.

Ernestito said:
well, i cant see a difference compared to cm 03/04.

its the same game. :-s
:shock:

The match engine is *totally* refined, the way everything reacts to everything you do...!!

Oh my God... Well, I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time! :-s

Media comments are A LOT more risky now as they can effect how your team performs. My players disagreed with the first media comment I made, and I got drubbed 6-2 by Arsenal. When my players agreed with my second media comment I drubbed some team in my CL qualifier (a message came up saying Scholes especially liked the comment), and Scholes set up four goals and scored one.

Game just crashed and I didn't save :(

Is there anyway you can skip matches? This was the worst thing about CM. Friendlies you don't care about and you can't skip then. I don't wanna cancel em because players won't get match fitness.

So annoyed they didn't add it in.

Noted said:
Game just crashed and I didn't save :(

Is there anyway you can skip matches? This was the worst thing about CM. Friendlies you don't care about and you can't skip then. I don't wanna cancel em because players won't get match fitness.

So annoyed they didn't add it in.

Go on holiday for that match day.

Sulph said:
No no, just tell your asst manager to take control of friendlies..
Exactly!! Don't go on holiday, the board will say you're a lazy arsehole!

Just go to "Options" and select "Assistant Manager - Takes control of friendly matches"!!

I think you're mental not watching them though - you're a lazy arsehole...

have to say that i'm really enjoying the FM beta demo, all thanks to Chris!
have just placed my pre order on the game, only £18 which seems fairly cheap

Back
Top Bottom