CM5 and FM2005.

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
Im confused, what are the differences between these two, or are they the same? And when will they be out? The most appealing thing to me about one of them is that i read somewhere that you can play manager mind games. Now that sounds like fun.

FM2005 is by SI interactive and is the proper 'Championship Manager' game I believe. Eidos have the rights to the name 'Championship Manager' but I don't think they got the actual game engine.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, my money's on FM2005 being the decent one.

www.sigames.com

Mart said:
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
You're totally correct.
Mart said:
Anyway, my money's on FM2005 being the decent one.
I think they both look decent. FM05 is going further down the CM4 route of almost bewildering tactical complexity, whereas CM5 seems to be returning to the more accessible style of CM01/02, which for me was probably the best in the series so far.

Champo is out the same day at GTA:SA, the 22nd October

Football Manager is out in December

quote about the mind games that seems fun-

Manager ‘mind games’

Managers can click on any other manager’s name and issue a comment to the media relating to that person. The effects of these comments will see an increase in the amount of pressure surrounding title races, relegation battles, Cup ties and so on. It will also be possible to use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs, media pundits etc
[/quote]

What is the diffrence betwem ChampionShip Manager 04/05 & Football Manager....?

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like nothing more than a CM4 add-on, ala 03/04?

I remember playing CM 96/97 on my Amiga, with the big 'DOMARK' logo and some generic old fart in a tracksuit as the intro screen. The foreign teams' players never had names, they were called 'No 11', etc. Your players would always refuse to sign a new contract and bugger off to Italy in the summer, happy days.

Then I finally got my first PC (486), and got CM2. Fucking hell, I enjoyed that so much. CM3 arrived years later and at first I found it hard, but with the new 01/02 pack it really cemented it's place as the No.1 game, although it never filled me with the same feeling CM2 did on arrival.

CM4 = pos. I lost my interest in it because of the amount of time you'd spend waiting for it to finish 'Processing', even when you mucked about with the database/league sizes. Not to mention, it must be a contender for buggiest game ever, and 03/04 is nothing but another patch. And it's still slow as shit.

Does anyone know if there was ever any console based footie manager games released in the US? I miss playing Premier Manger on my PS2.... :(

Apparently Champ Manager will be coming to the PS2, probably sometime early in the new year

CWright said:
Apparently Champ Manager will be coming to the PS2, probably sometime early in the new year

This is the killer and why Eidos have lost the plot and the true Champ Man fans.

FM2005 all the way for me. Though I'll of course give the new CM a go since it's out first.

Don't know if i should, but will get fm2005, the games are too damn additive and play hell with your social life lol. What a feeling though, getting your team to win the quadruple. I wonder which gem of a player will be found this year in the vain of braathen etc on 03/04

ClassicD said:
CM4 = pos. I lost my interest in it because of the amount of time you'd spend waiting for it to finish 'Processing', even when you mucked about with the database/league sizes. Not to mention, it must be a contender for buggiest game ever, and 03/04 is nothing but another patch. And it's still slow as shit.

Yeah. CM 01/02 is where it's at.

ClassicD said:
I remember playing CM 96/97 on my Amiga, with the big 'DOMARK' logo and some generic old fart in a tracksuit as the intro screen. The foreign teams' players never had names, they were called 'No 11', etc. Your players would always refuse to sign a new contract and bugger off to Italy in the summer, happy days.

God Classic, you brought back a few memories of the very first CM Game for me there ! .... That big Gold Domark logo and the Manager that looked a bit "Big Ron-Esque" if memory serves, those Images are engrained for life now .... Happy Days indeed ;)

Seemed like back then everyone at your School had an Amiga in their House and they were all playing CM (and later SWOS).

Spending most of our School Days conversing passionately to different classmates about such varied and interesting topics as "Hidden Gem" young players .... Keith Gillespie being one of mine, believe it or not :shock:

And when not pissing your Education away, whilst you discussed the in's & out's of how to possibly lure "The Divine Ponytail" to your Wonderful club .... you were probably waxing lyrical to a very small but interested party about the Finer Moments of your All Conquering, Bedroom staged European Cup run from the Night Before ! :mrgreen:

For Me......Thats what made it so special back then the sense of a little community with You, your mates, Brother, Uncles and Dads all Discussing, playing and watching this NEW game building and growing each year until at some point it turned into the all conquering Financial Beast of a Series that we see Today.

Those were the Days ........... Somehow in Ten Years time I don't think I will be looking back with the same fondness on FM2005 ...... Shame That, but thats "Getting Older" for you ..... I guess :roll:

Yeah, everyone and their dog played Champ when I was at school. I don't think getting older should have anything to do with it, I still play plenty of games it's just that the series isn't as good as it was back then.

I haven't played the recent series that Much to be Honest so I can't really say how it compares to the Earlier ones -

But having read Reviews on the Net and talked to mates there was mention of the Flaws you mentioned above - I'm Hoping to get back into the Manageent Game this Time around - and will probably give both CM5 & FM2005 games a runout like most of you Guys.

The "Getting Older" aspect is more a Personal thing for me, A sad realisation that I will probably never have the Time available to me that I used to have back then - when I could dedicate myself to a few lengthy stints on the Game without a worry. :D

I guess Memories of Old Games & a Time of carefree youth will always have me putting on my Rose Tinted Glasses from time to time ;)

Just be patient guys, trust me when i say that football manager will be the best managerial sim ever.

Cham Man is dead...long live Football Manager!!!

who is still playing champ manager 01/02? i'm still playing it. I hate cm4 onwards! all full of shit! anyone knows where to get a new update for my good ol' CM 01-02? :D

Sounds quite good, probably will try both, although I have hardly played the last CM game, probably ain't touched it for over 6 months now.

FD

slightly off topic but does anyone know where to get the "no-cd" file thing for cm01/02. i have the original game already but my cd drive just makes so much noise and this would be more convinient. only goin back to it cos i found this patch at football-gamer.com where all the stats and players are updated and its pretty cool. unfortunately not all the latest tranfers are there, eg at man utd Pique is there but Rooney isnt. anyways if anyone can point me to where i can get the no cd file...

Back
Top Bottom