Hammarby
Cover:
640518-call-of-duty-warzone-playstation-4-front-cover.jpeg

Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Release Date: 10March2020

Developer: Infinity Ward, Raven Software
Genre: FPS

Description:
Call of Duty: Warzone is a 2020 free-to-play battle royale video game released on March 10, 2020, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. The game is a part of the 2019 title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but does not require purchase of it.

Ok,I thought somebody had put up a thread for this game.
It's a battle royale game, separate from CoD Modern Warfare main game.
It's also crossplay (Pc/PS4/Xbox) which means you can play with all your mates regardless of platforms.
And best of all, it's free to download

Modes in this games are
Plunder (gather cash)
Battle Royale (1-3 man teams)
Solo

You can create regiment's (pretty much a friend list or clan)
Extremely addictive and fun
You parachute in to a giant map as one of 150 players (city/suburb/rural surroundings) with nothing more than a pistol,and you have to loot crates/boxes for better weapons and perks when you land
That map gets smaller every 4-5 minutes,so to survive you need to move the the center of that map,and moving around (by foot or vehicle ) is the tricky part with enemies everywhere

Me and two friends decided to start playing this last Saturday,put up a DM group on twitter,and later on started a discord channel for people to play Vs each other.
That grew to almost 160 people in three days.
Really recommend this if you want a more grown up battle royale game.
https://www.callofduty.com/warzone

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it and it was quite fun.
I never been good in fast paced shooting games, especially CoD like - in tight spaces and small maps. I always felt more comfortable in Battlefield, with huge maps, collapsing buildings and vehicles.

This was a pleasant surprise, as the map is, indeed, huge.
Its still fast paced towards the end, but it sort of the point of it all..

The new Gulag system is a fun gimmick, but I see it getting tiresome soon enough.
As any of this sort of games - its much better if you have friends and voice chat available. I only play at nights, with family asleep, so I dont use any of that.

Best I got was 19th in Battle Royale Solo.
Its a fun game, but I dont think it will keep people interest for longer, unless they keep adding some content there.

Me and my friends prefer BF but are having fun playing Warzone as a team. Mostly plunder mode as it is more action...
I don’t like battle royal per se, but plunder is nice.
And for free... give it a try.

Plays very similar to the BR game already released with the last modern warfare, but given for free so people spend loads of money like Fortnite.

Personally there are now too many BR games being released and bolted on to other games.
They have now become the intrend thing, like Zombie/Survival games were when DayZ became popular 6/7 years ago.

Personally I still the original PUBG is the best version, although I can understand if console players don't like this as it is much more of a slow paced game, and performance on console is shoddy at best.

Like @PRO_TOO personally I prefer BF, although more fast paced than what they used to be, they are great fun and don't leave you incredibly frustrated when some guy outside the zone does you up the dirt box.

Always more fun to play with mates,which I've done a lot,though I like the solo mode as well.
It's fast paced as hell,which is kinda annoying,I've always preferred a stealthier game.

But with that said,I bought the full CoD the other day which lets you have triple XP in every warzone game,and that made me upgrade my player quite fast.
Key is to get a good loadout,I've a sniper+ a good SMG which lets me get up on roof tops after I've get the load out drop and get people from there

If my buddies aren’t online... let’s head out and grab some cash together!
My PSN online id: PRO_TOO :BYE:

Voice chat is a must when I play! ;)
Edit: ...and I prefer not to cross play!

Me and (and other supporters of the team we support+players) set up a discord and were 200+ now which lets me and others always having mates to play.
Plus it's a good thing having crossplay,being able to game with others you can't normally.
And I'm on mouse+keyboard which gives me the same advance as pc guys

@rockstrongo hey dude, offtopic: am I correct in remembering that you play NHL? If so, could you advice me how to set up very defensive tactics? I am clueless about hockey tactics and even terminology :LOL:

I am thinking like Swiss NT in reality (or at least used to be), where a game could easily end 1:0 or 0:0.

Me and (and other supporters of the team we support+players) set up a discord and were 200+ now which lets me and others always having mates to play.
Plus it's a good thing having crossplay,being able to game with others you can't normally.
And I'm on mouse+keyboard which gives me the same advance as pc guys
Your mouse and keyboard are supported on PS4 in Warzone?! It’s not the same as on PC, is it?!
M&K only simulate a gamepad on console, afaik!

I don’t like the advantage of M&K vs. controller. It’s just off, imo.

Your mouse and keyboard are supported on PS4 in Warzone?! It’s not the same as on PC, is it?!
M&K only simulate a gamepad on console, afaik!

I don’t like the advantage of M&K vs. controller. It’s just off, imo.
I'm still on Xbox though!
I feel that I have a huge advantage Vs a controller ,and since there's a a lot of pc guys it's needed at times.
I'm on and off between that and controller.
I don't know how M+K works on PS4 , works great on Xbox though.

I'm still on Xbox though!
I feel that I have a huge advantage Vs a controller ,and since there's a a lot of pc guys it's needed at times.
I'm on and off between that and controller.
I don't know how M+K works on PS4 , works great on Xbox though.
Alright.
Sweden. Xbox. Good guy. :D

On PS4 it’s just simulating the controller stick movement. Might be the box is different in that regard.

Alright.
Sweden. Xbox. Good guy. :D

On PS4 it’s just simulating the controller stick movement. Might be the box is different in that regard.
From what i know it's good,but not as good as on PC.
But then again Xbox is Microsoft.
Throw in a monitor and you'll lose the screen lag or minimize it.
I'm shit using the keyboard right now,haven't played pc in years,but aiming with a mouse Vs controller,huge difference!

It's a free to play game, where you can easily cheat for a few games get banned and then just create a new account.
And repeat..

Then modders/hackers will stay ahead of the game by inventing cheats and hacks which are then hard to detect.
The real good cheaters know how to play games using hacks. they will use an aimbot, but only one that hits the body, and they won't shoot people without a clear line of site.

Some do things which aren't necessarily cheating, but unfair advantage - A while ago in BF5 there was a guy in a plane ended the game with 63 kills and zero deaths, and during the game I always thought what is going on..
What he was doing was running a hack that locked his PING at 298, so it was really high so when he was in the air he was completely juddering to other players, but the game was running smooth for him when shooting randomly and dropping bombs.

Unfortunately for COD, when the game is free it will be rife full of hackers and cheats - Especially on PC.

I'm having a lot of fun playing with my cousins,
but i think is a little unfair play against pc players, mouse and keyboard give so much advantage

I play this quite a bit. Cold War - Multi and Zombies, Warzone, Vanguard (Beta) and Modern Warfare Multi-Co-Op. I'll drop my Activision ID in here later if anyone wants to run and gun.

Back
Top Bottom