commentating problems

xinzhitan14

Retired Kit Maker
30 April 2006
The Outback - Australia!
go go go gunners!
okay this is starting to get really annoying..

at first i thought it was just the demo that had problems about commentating.. but the game has MANY MORE..

here are some examples

- i make a tackle in the centre of the ground, no card, just a free kick.
here is what the commentator says:
"ITS A PENALTY!, AND THE REF HAS GIVEN A RED CARD!"

- i'm on top of the ladder of my league playing 2nd placed team.
"two teams, with the battle of relagation and no way back to the top"

- i win 3:0 against some team
"its a nil all draw"

- i score a 2nd goal and i'm up 2:0 now
"it's the equalizer!! it is 1 all at the break"

i dont know about you guys but this is REALLY starting to get irritating. The commentating is even more worse than the last pes series.

i seriously suggest seabass and his crew test teh game first for any significant bugs. Fair enough if its just 1 or 2 commentating problems but this is a lot!.

just my two cents worth.
what do you guys think?

Just a question, have you edited the game at all with any patches or are you using a option file downloaded from the net?

Because if you are/have, then just go into options in the game and select the commentary language option. You should be able to reselect English (or what ever commentary you use), the game will save to the option file and it should fix up the commentary. If it doesn't, then maybe the commentary is just like you said, really dodgy.

the only things i've changed are

scoreboard (hex edit for the fox sports)

and

chimps tweaked gameplay option file.

you think this could've caused the sound problems?
i cant change anything in the commentating option. its set on eng.

Can you select English again?

With my game I used an option file and the commentary screwed around. So I went into the commentating options and just selected (hit x or enter) on it and it saved to the option file and my commentary was fixed. I didn't install the other languages so they were all greyed out for me. If your's won't do this, then maybe the commentary is just that bad. I just can't recall the commentators making that many errors on mine. Mmmm.

I love it when I am watching the replay of a goal, and the commentator screams "He's scored another one!" I'm not sure if it's an intentional reference to Alan Partridge's World Cup Countdown to World Cup 1994 ("Eat my goal!"), or whether it's just accidental humour.

I haven't heard anything as bad as you describe, but they do get a big over-excited at times, like when the ball was trickling out to the corner flag, after hitting the post, chased by my wing-back, and he shrieked "surely this time!" At least it isn't as bad as in PES4, when the commentator would sometimes react to a long pass that lands in the hands of the opposing keeper by yelling "I think some of the crowd thought that was going in!"

I also love it when the keeper makes an incredible finger tip save to push a sure-thing goal effort off the line, and it gets cleared by the defender, only for the commentator to say "the keeper made a real mess of things there, and he'll be happy his defence helped him out!"

Back
Top Bottom