Japan
Italy
Mexico

Group B:
Spain
Uruguay
Nigeria
Tahiti​

As a warm-up to the World Cup, this year's Confederation Cup may mean more to teams than previous years. Brazil needs to win and prepare as they haven't played any competitive football since Copa America, Italy, Mexico and Uruguay hasn't been at the top form as they're accustomed to, Japan and Nigeria are trying to prove to the world that they can play with the top teams, and Tahiti is just happy to be in (they have only one professional footballer)

What do you think will happen this year???

First matches:
15/06 16:00 Brazil Vs Japan
16/06 16:00 Mexico Vs Italy
16/06 19:00 Spain Vs Uruguay
17/06 16:00 Tahiti Vs Nigeria

Last edited:
Brazil vs Spain will be the final. And Spain will win it. I'm more interested in Tahiti, as they're nearly all amateur footballers.

I will support Tahiti. I learned about them only at the last OFC Nations Cup, but during that time realized that it is at least a very small country, but very proud. Good luck Tahiti, please be happy here! ;)

And from favorites very interesting to see the Brazilian national team, especially now when there is such a load liability in front of their fans. Hope to see here strong Brazil, who striked fear in the eyes of all opponents, but not "boys to shave". Anyway, I think, this tournament promises to be very interesting.

I really like the team selections and my favorite to win it is Italy. I'm not sure if the teams are taking this competition any serious, though.

looking forward to watching japan, they've a core or really good techical players and can give anyone a game on their day

Tahiti is French, so Allez Tahiti !!!
And the only one professional footballer of the team is Marama Vahirua.

I really like the team selections and my favorite to win it is Italy. I'm not sure if the teams are taking this competition any serious, though.

i'm not sure how seriously italy will take the competition (it's an official competition, sure... but still it's no big deal really, as it's more of a testing competition for the upcoming world cup), so i wouldn't be surprised if we blew it.

brazil on the other hand will be super motivated (and also under a lot of pressure).

Can someone explain me how this teams end up on here ? How happen this selection I never understand it :$

And I hope Uruguay gonna win it , Suarez best player of tournament so his price will be more up for Real Madrid to buy him :)

I remember how our brother countries in Balkans supported Turkish NT in 2000, 02 and 08 so I thought now it's time to give back, also given the sh*tty form of our NT in recent years. :D really hope that Bosnia won't be the only one staying there by this time the next year.

i'm not sure how seriously italy will take the competition (it's an official competition, sure... but still it's no big deal really, as it's more of a testing competition for the upcoming world cup), so i wouldn't be surprised if we blew it.

brazil on the other hand will be super motivated (and also under a lot of pressure).

it was only based on pure predictions, mate :) I think Italy will consider this as a real test (like Uruguay and Japan), as they're not one of the teams to beat (Spain, Brazil *which will be under pressure as you said) and they won't be under any big pressure as well. I assume that Spain won't give their all this time (and their key players were far from the top of their games last season) and I don't want to see their utterly boring game win something again. don't really know about Brazil, though. they were the winners in previous two contests but they're not really a strong team anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if they would choke in this one.

Last edited:
Well from teams near here I only support Turkey and Croatia (start supporting them since I remember because of their home kits lol) , other than that others are just my rivals , Greece , Serbia , maqedonia all are teams that I don't support and ill never support them I think ! Bosnia ? Don't care much but I stil like them a bit , likes wished they kick out Portugal on those play offs few years ago .

If Albania or Croatia doesn't make to World Cup than I'll be supporting England I guess !

Yay, football's back on!

Excited to see Neymar in Brazil in a competitive match. Have seen him a few times now and never seen a GPOTY type performance.

I never imagined myself saying these words but..."I'm with Brazil on this one". They have loads of talented youngsters and I'll hope to see more of that Joga Bonito, too bad Ganso didn't make it and Damião got injured, hopefully they'll both make the cut for the WC.

Italy played strangely imo too much attacking lol , loved their LB. Mexico same bullshit only Gio/corona played w- conviction . Italy reminds me of a falling cat, always landing on their feet in the final third . It must be a record to retrieve the ball after shooting at goal over n over again.

yes bebo, de sciglio is really something special at this age. my fav among the young full backs.

p.s. I loved italy's lineup in this game.

Last edited:
when I was about to go sleep for don't see boring match Spain vs Uruguay , Spain just score but still that dosn't stop me since I think match gonna be even more boring now !

Hate to say it, Spain look more deadly then ever .... Their passing everywhere to nowhere looked abandon . They seem to cross and shoot a lot more. It's only HT and Xavi alone has more complete passes then Uruguay .

Hate to say it, Spain look more deadly then ever .... Their passing everywhere to nowhere looked abandon . They seem to cross and shoot a lot more. It's only HT and Xavi alone has more complete passes then Uruguay .

Nice FK by Suarez but Uruguay did absolutely nothing is this match. It's not their fault though, Spain NT bench (Silva, Cazorla, Mata, Villa, Martinez, Navas, Torres) would easily beat big NTs out there, including ours :(

Nice FK by Suarez but Uruguay did absolutely nothing is this match. It's not their fault though, Spain NT bench (Silva, Cazorla, Mata, Villa, Martinez, Navas, Torres) would easily beat big NTs out there, including ours :(

My dream come true would be , Brasil vs Uruguay final :) . Brasil has their country for pressure and Spain has a starting/subbing position for pressure.Italy seem to seduce themselves into finals :COAT:

Mexico's NT is shit atm.
hope they sack our coach and someone with actually some Mexican footy knowledge takes over (Bielsa, Lavolpe, Vucetich..)

I'm scared Brazi wil tear us a new butthole on the second fixture.

Mexico's NT is shit atm.
hope they sack our coach and someone with actually some Mexican footy knowledge takes over (Bielsa, Lavolpe, Vucetich..)

I'm scared Brazi wil tear us a new butthole on the second fixture.

At least you have the best goal scorer at National level playing for you.. every cloud! :)

My dream come true would be , Brasil vs Uruguay final :) . Brasil has their country for pressure and Spain has a starting/subbing position for pressure.Italy seem to seduce themselves into finals :COAT:
This would mean we got through Spain in the semis, which is unlikely at this moment. But i'm with you, Uruguay is my 2nd team.

Edit: have to read it again to see you wrote 'Brasil', i guess you may know a few brazilians in FL :P

Last edited:
Yeah Spain are a really scary team, and most of the player are still young and even then they still have a wonderful generation still to come which includes the likes of Thiago, Isco and Koke.

I still want Brazil to make it to the finals though.

Italy is a team to be reckoned with in this competition and the next World Cup, a good blend of youth and experience, the Pirlo/De Rossi pair is still very impressive and bosses the midfield.

Back
Top Bottom