Confessions of a lifelong PES fan: FIFA 16 is better and here's why

I'm seriously worried Ariel at Moddingway has stopped development of FIFA16 patches/updates. It's the only game I'd play now. Would donate for him to keep on plugging away but no response even via social media channels thus far.

I just played this today... started Copa America tournament and there's absolutely no doubt that FIFA16 with ModdingWay mod and OperationSports sliders is the best football game ever made without any competition.

Some Copa America shots:

EKQdBet.jpg

tvS0jHT.jpg

EvrXKA1.jpg

Jz3EkYu.jpg

KWe6PAB.jpg

aikDlSv.jpg

AQQytaW.jpg

mEsRmvw.jpg

xhd5IMO.jpg

Messi equalized from the penalty spot.

8HKDMXV.jpg

jFHZ4XU.jpg

I don't use much sliding tackle as you can see. Usually I get about 8-13 fouls per game. These are 15 min halfs, hardest difficulty, OperationSports sliders with my own touches (to compensate that I suck). Shooting stats are very, very realistic.

iaFUySv.jpg

I watch every single cutscene and enjoy this game / mod tremendously. What a fantastic football game it is!

Couldn't agree more. Played FIFA 16 with the World Cup mod from moddingway to death and absolutely loved it. I picked one team from every group and tried to take them as far as I could without reloading a save. When I was done with that, I played every single match from the world cup by randomly selecting one of the two teams involved. Good times.

Not only did the game have enough fouls, the dribbling was so intuitive, just able to beat players by moving the left stick and sometimes using close control. I am not able to do this on the newer Fifas. I have to say though, I feel the shooting is better in FIFA 19.

My friend put it nicely: "What I also like about FIFA 16 are the little touches, you know? Like the clock continuing to run during stoppages, players waiting to resume play until the extra ball is kicked out of the field, and of course the fact that it really feels like watching a game on TV with all the replays and stuff".

Another thing I love in FIFA 16 is that when a frustrated player gets called out and the coach is making a change (like Higuain -> Aguero) the frustrated player who didn't score doesn't always give "high fives" to the guy who replaces him. That's an amazing little detail too.

This game is full of magic. I never thought I'd get a football game this good.

My friend put it nicely: "What I also like about FIFA 16 are the little touches, you know? Like the clock continuing to run during stoppages, players waiting to resume play until the extra ball is kicked out of the field, and of course the fact that it really feels like watching a game on TV with all the replays and stuff".

Another thing I love in FIFA 16 is that when a frustrated player gets called out and the coach is making a change (like Higuain -> Aguero) the frustrated player who didn't score doesn't always give "high fives" to the guy who replaces him. That's an amazing little detail too.

This game is full of magic. I never thought I'd get a football game this good.
I've seen all these things in newer Fifas also.

I've seen all these things in newer Fifas also.

Sure. But in my opinion FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 balance and "feel" wasn't as good as in 16. And in FIFA 18 you got much less fouls, penalties and free kicks (that's what I recall anyway).

I haven't played the FIFA 19 yet though.

I just played this today... started Copa America tournament and there's absolutely no doubt that FIFA16 with ModdingWay mod and OperationSports sliders is the best football game ever made without any competition.
The last posted FIFA 16 sliders?

I always get confused combining Moddingway with OS sliders, because surely any gameplay patches will meddle with sliders (i.e. sliders will be aggressively trying to counteract one issue, that the gameplay patch on its own will "fix", therefore breaking the fix)...

The last posted FIFA 16 sliders?

I always get confused combining Moddingway with OS sliders, because surely any gameplay patches will meddle with sliders (i.e. sliders will be aggressively trying to counteract one issue, that the gameplay patch on its own will "fix", therefore breaking the fix)...

I use the default gameplay... no gameplay mod... and all those sliders in the 1st post of this thread (with some personal touches. I have improved the passing for myself because I suck).

Just for the record... I played PES 2013 yesterday (received my copy). It's actually quite nice for being a PES arcade game. But the defense is not even close to FIFA 16 standards and the through pass is wayyyyy too easy. No fouls, 1-2 fouls per game and a LOT of games are scorefests.

Comparing it to FIFA 16 is like comparing Kia to Mercedes.

I was a die-hard PES fan since PES3 but now it's time to smell the coffee. FIFA 16 is light years better football simulation.

PS: Will receive my FIFA 19 soon. I doubt it can surpass the 16 but I'm curious to try it anyway.

I use the default gameplay... no gameplay mod... and all those sliders in the 1st post of this thread (with some personal touches. I have improved the passing for myself because I suck).
Spent all last night after the Liverpool game redownloading, reinstalling and remodding this (and then didn't have time to actually play it) - it better be good. ;)

In my honest opinion, the best way to play this fantastic game is to use the demo bypass (aka Turk DM method), because it comes with demo gameplay which is unequalled (better overall positioning, less run by midfielders leading to less end to end action). It really worths the extra installing time and you can also use all the mods (only cg file server won't work because it doesn't recognize the ids from the demo exe). Tactics do works with the demo exe so that the cpu plays with a bit more variety than with the retail version.

It might sounds like cheating (I do own the game both on PC and PS4 by the way) but it is a fantastic enhancement for an already fantastic game. And no needs for sliders or gameplay mod.

In my honest opinion, the best way to play this fantastic game is to use the demo bypass (aka Turk DM method), because it comes with demo gameplay which is unequalled (better overall positioning, less run by midfielders leading to less end to end action). It really worths the extra installing time and you can also use all the mods (only cg file server won't work because it doesn't recognize the ids from the demo exe). Tactics do works with the demo exe so that the cpu plays with a bit more variety than with the retail version.

It might sounds like cheating (I do own the game both on PC and PS4 by the way) but it is a fantastic enhancement for an already fantastic game. And no needs for sliders or gameplay mod.
I'm sure I tried to do this ages ago but the demo has disappeared from Origin etc. hasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom