control scheme xbox/xbox 360

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
While i wait for my pro evo 5 to arrive on the xbox (i already own the PC, PS2 and PSP versions lol) i just wanted to know if you can use both the d-pad and stick to control players with?

The d-pad is positioned in a funny area on the xbox 360 controller so not sure if you can only use the stick.

Also how do you configure the pad? obviously pro evo 5 is a xbox game but the xbox and xbox360 pads are different...how did microsoft fix that?

Cheers guys :D

I play PES5 on my 360 and I love it! I think if anything the control is a little more responsive at times than the PS2 version!

Edit: MS made the Black & White buttons into shoulder buttons the LB and RB.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with u, djdavedoc i'll add u later if thats ok??

my addy is beatfreak boy

i have been a ps2ight for ever and ever but now i'll have no need

pes6 on 360, raw vs smackdown on 360...

bluemonkeymagic said:
i agree with u, djdavedoc i'll add u later if thats ok??

my addy is beatfreak boy

i have been a ps2ight for ever and ever but now i'll have no need

pes6 on 360, raw vs smackdown on 360...

exactly what i went through, always playing ps2 for a few games, pro, raw vs smackdown, and GTA...now that they are all on xbox, no need to get that PS3

I have plenty of reasons not to get a PS3 including the ones you just mentioned.. also a Premium Xbox 360 will cost you £279 british pounds and maybe less sooner or later, where as a Premium PS3 will cost £425! Games will be a further £60 a game so whats the point?

DJ

PS3 is seriously over priced now, and your paying extra for a blu-ray disc drive. i still believe ps3 will sell but not at the rate sony intended. also like we just said, a lot of games that were exclusives on ps2/3 are now on xbox and there are little AAA games that are now exclusive so i think sony will find it hard. unless you like the getaway (i certainly don't lol)

Well I quite liked the Getaway! and thats one game ill look forward to :) Also theres this game called Eight Days which looks rather good too which will be Sony exclusives as they are being made by Sony's London Studio.

Other than that im not really interested in the PS3.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Well I quite liked the Getaway! and thats one game ill look forward to :) Also theres this game called Eight Days which looks rather good too which will be Sony exclusives as they are being made by Sony's London Studio.

Other than that im not really interested in the PS3.

DJ

i always looked at getaway as style over substance, but i know a lot of people that did like it. i'll have to check eight days out, haven't heard of that.

Ive got the PSM2 magazine (because someone mentioned about the PS3's interface being shown on there) and on the DVD it shows Eight Days, it looks decent enough but it wont see the light of day on 360 of course. It also shows you the motion part of the PS3 Controller which I think is ok and could be good if used rightly but is a blatant copy of Nintendo WII's motion controller. They also show an amazing Demo featuring Tiger Woods, you should see how good his face looks especially when he talks and makes expressions! im sure we will see this on the 360 and personlly I cant wait!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Ive got the PSM2 magazine (because someone mentioned about the PS3's interface being shown on there) and on the DVD it shows Eight Days, it looks decent enough but it wont see the light of day on 360 of course. It also shows you the motion part of the PS3 Controller which I think is ok and could be good if used rightly but is a blatant copy of Nintendo WII's motion controller. They also show an amazing Demo featuring Tiger Woods, you should see how good his face looks especially when he talks and makes expressions! im sure we will see this on the 360 and personlly I cant wait!

DJ

supposedly sony have been working on a pad like that for ages and microsoft did one on the pc supposedly but it didnt catch on. in the end i think sony saw what nintendo were doing so they copied them, even though they might of already had the idea but didn't have the bottle to use it.

i'm a nintendo fan primarily so i'll be first in line when the wii comes out :)

Talking of tiger woods, i didn't really like the console versions. the pc version is known for its simulation which i like, whete as the console versions go for a more arcadey approach. career mode on pc is a lot more indepth i also like the mouse swing compared to the stick. but like you said the graphics certainly do look impressive on tiger woods, i've seen a few shots of the tiger 07.

ok we should really be talkin in the PS3 thread lol, I might have a look at the WII if some good lookin games come out for that, right now its all Mario Remakes and Zeldas and a dodgy lookin WII sports game.... oh and forgot yet another Metroid game..... zzzzzzzz

DJ

i wasn't a big fan of metroid but in the end PS2/Xbox lovers keep buying Pro Evolution (who can blame them), GTA, Gran Tourismo....these are the same games coming out but just cause they aren't on a Nintendo console its ok to re-release? in the end 'red steel' looks amazing, 'project hammer' looks very interesting, new smash brothers game (only the second one lol) everyone knows will be great. thats not including mario (yes he is still more popular than anything else coming out), zelda (a console seller if every i saw one) and metroid (even though i hate it, its still a quality game for that market).

Back
Top Bottom