Controller Buttons 'Axis'

N

NoJabba

I use a 360 controller on the PC version, but I'm having trouble configuring the buttons.

Whatever I do, two of my buttons are always listed as 'Axis' which basically means I am unable to press them both at the same time. This means I can't change player, while still running, and such.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Why dont you just switch the buttons around. Use RB and LB instead of LT and RT

I'm comfortable using the bottom R and L buttons for running and player change. Surely there's a way to stop there being a conflict.

I'm comfortable using the bottom R and L buttons for running and player change. Surely there's a way to stop there being a conflict.

If You use the SEARCH button you will try the solution...

There are other tread that explain how to solve this problem, with XBCD driver...

I have installed the XBCD driver, but it has not changed anything.

I have installed the XBCD driver, but it has not changed anything.

Hey there. :)

If you have installed the XBCD driver, you can go to the "config" part of the driver (probably exists in the "XBCD" folder in your start menu.

Once you start the config, you will get a window that displays the different controls of the pad. On that window you can also press all buttons and analog stick etc and select if the yshould be used as buttons, axises etc.

So if your analog triggers (LT and RT, L2 and R2 for Xbox) are acting as triggers, you can press them and select them to act as "buttons" from the menu that appears.

To find them, just press the button you want to change, and it should light up in blue as you press it in.

This is a guide for what is probably not the latest XBCD driver. But it might be pretty similar so it should work for you.

And if it somehow doesn't work anyways, you might need to uninstall the XBCD driver together with any official MS drivers you have installed, so that there isn't multiple drivers for the same hardware conflicting.

I'm on the setup utility, but it won't let me do anything. :confused:

I'm on the setup utility, but it won't let me do anything. :confused:

you must click on CONTINUE if it told you something about driver compatibility...

HAVE YOU READED THE GUIDE?!?

what O.S. do you have? XP, VISTA or VISTA X64?!?

FOR vista x64 there are xbcd x64 drivers and a different procedure...

I have XP, and I uninstalled 360 controller first, then installed the XBCD drivers.

When I go to the setup utility, nothing is clickable.

I..and I uninstalled 360 controller first...
When I go to the setup utility, nothing is clickable.

This is your error... :roll:

Now you must unistall XBCD driver, then:

1) plug-in xbox 360 controller
2) install MICROSOFT drivers for XBOX360 controller
3) Install XBCD tool (setup utility)
4) install XBCD drivers (from file .BAT) and then manually you must use the procedure of the guide to refresh driver update...

Configure XBCD tool opening a configuration file (you must download from XBCD GUIDE SITE)

sorry for my english...

When I double click the .BAT file, I get this message:

The system cannot find the file specified.

When I double click the .BAT file, I get this message:

The system cannot find the file specified.

the file that it search are:

xbcd.sys

and

xbcd.inf

and they are in the pack... You must launch file .bat with those file in the same root...

They are in the same folder. Problem is still there.

They are in the same folder. Problem is still there.

sorry I cant help you anymore, I dont know if depending by the user of pc and not by the pc... :lol:

sorry

all work perfectly if you make as I writed.. read the guide...

Could someone explain this to me in English please?

I've followed the guide and all the instructions, but I can't find the files that need to be moved that are being talked about.

When I try to install the .BAT install file this is what happens:

xbcderrormessageqe4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, done that part...

When I go into game controllers, it still doesn't say XBCD in there.

I ran the BAT file from outside the rar, but nothing has changed.

When I go to 'Game Controllers' it simply says XBOX360 and not XBCD like the guide said it should.

Back
Top Bottom