Copa America 2007

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Anybody here watching this?

Couldn't watch it last night, so i had to make due with the one hour highlights. The Uruguay vs Peru match was good start to the tournament followed by the host (Venezuela) against Bolivia.

Anyone one know who's the one to watch in this competition and etc....?

that's the one i'll be starting the competition with, it indeed is pretty late / early but hell, good football! :)

love Copa America!!! i personally feel this is better than Euro due to the new talents and different playing styles every year and from these teams it's so interesting!!!

but then, i reckon the final will again be the Brasil vs Argentina...if only they had better quality teams, then it will for sure be better than UEFA...

but I say Brasil on top!!!!

love Copa America!!! i personally feel this is better than Euro due to the new talents and different playing styles every year and from these teams it's so interesting!!!

but then, i reckon the final will again be the Brasil vs Argentina...if only they had better quality teams, then it will for sure be better than UEFA...

but I say Brasil on top!!!!

yeah probably not as many deep teams as in the euros, but they play a much more wide open game IMO.. seems like the teams in europe play not to lose and the south americans play to win... the big game is tommorow night, USA vs Argentina

i'll staying up for brazil vs mehico.

check out argentina's squad they mean business.

Goalkeepers:
Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe, Espanha), Juan Pablo Carrizo (River Plate) e Agustín Orión (San Lorenzo).

Defenders:
Roberto Ayala (Valencia, Espanha), Javier Zanetti (Inter, Itlia), Nicolás Burdisso (Inter, Itália), Hugo Ibarra (Boca Juniors), Daniel Díaz (Boca Juniors), Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza, Espanha), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United, Inglaterra).

Midfielders:
Luis González (Porto, Portugal), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool, Inglaterra), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter, Itália), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid, Espanha), Pablo Aimar (Zaragoza, Espanha), Juan Sebastián Verón (Estudiantes de La Plata) e Juan Román Riquelme (Boca Juniors).

Forwards:
Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Espanha), Hernán Crespo (Inter, Itália), Diego Milito (Zaragoza, Espanha), Carlos Tévez (West Ham, Inglaterra) e Rodrigo Palacio (Boca Juniors).

they have my vote.

yeah Brazil vs Mexico should be great :)most of the teams came with their "stars"except Brazil(without kaka and Ronnie) and USA

is freddy adu gonna represent?

USA does have Donovan, LOL...even though Canada should've tied USA (and probably beat them) in Gold Cup...sigh, Big Countries always gets the benefits of doubts.....

but seeing how Argentina has won nothing in the last 14 years, and how with an ok strong squad, they lost to back-ups in the Copa America last time, as well as losing to Brasil again in the Confederations Cup...so they will come hungrier than ever!!

all eyes on carrizo, if he should play. argentinas next top goalkeeper. reminds me of cordoba a bit.

but tonight i will support chile and our new signing rodrigo tello.

USA does have Donovan, LOL...even though Canada should've tied USA (and probably beat them) in Gold Cup...sigh, Big Countries always gets the benefits of doubts.....

but seeing how Argentina has won nothing in the last 14 years, and how with an ok strong squad, they lost to back-ups in the Copa America last time, as well as losing to Brasil again in the Confederations Cup...so they will come hungrier than ever!!

umm yeah ok the canadian goal would have tied it... so i wouldnt go so far as to say canada deserved to win

Anyone knows if Afonso Alves will play? Would be interesting to see him play on this level.

he played and ripped a volley, too bad the keeper got to it.. he just looks like a big brickhouse who can hold the ball up. robhino was dancing everywhere but this kid castillo for mexico is amazing!

Mexico 2-:0 Brasil
Brasil looked like Arsenal for abit with 20 shots on goal and nothing entering the net. Anyhow , unlucky Brasil w/ goal disallow from a unjust call from linesman , well done Mexico! (you can beat them but never US)

Ecuador 2-3 Chile was the MOTD...come back from hell lol

Last edited:
mehico suprised me this morning, especially considering that their squad is far from full strength.

Back
Top Bottom