Corners

As soon as they are about to take a corner select your defender closest to the near post, most times he'll be able to head clear.

Concentration. You actually have to defend corners instead of relying on the AI of your own team.

Switch to your tallest defender and mark the oppositions biggest threat.

I had a lot of trouble with this before mainly because of the new angle you see the play. Some bastard always seems to come flying from off-screen to score.

Do your best headers team up at a corner or is it still the same as all the WE/PES games where you take a corner and only the forwards and 2 midfielders are in the box?...

maybe a good tip for PES6 to put in a corner editor in which you can choose which players will be in the box for a corner\\:o/

that is the best option, when you press square he would be able to clear. Also you can switch to WIDE screen mode, to have a clearer view of who is inside or outside the box.

Placebo said:
As soon as they are about to take a corner select your defender closest to the near post, most times he'll be able to head clear.

Placebo said:

that worked great on pes5. However ive noticed that the cpu has further crosses which end up being defended by the ai and then ive conceded. Now i dont position a defender and when the cross is taken the main defender is selected by the ai and then i head it out. Thats worked better for me so far in this game. Have probably conceded about 2 goals in 30+ games (6*) although ive only scored about 4 myself from corners.

tiktiktiktik said:
that worked great on pes5. However ive noticed that the cpu has further crosses which end up being defended by the ai and then ive conceded. Now i dont position a defender and when the cross is taken the main defender is selected by the ai and then i head it out. Thats worked better for me so far in this game. Have probably conceded about 2 goals in 30+ games (6*) although ive only scored about 4 myself from corners.

Man, I just keep on doing the same I did with we9/pes5 and it still works ... in fact i find corner goals more dificult to happen in this game ...

lazylen said:
Do your best headers team up at a corner or is it still the same as all the WE/PES games where you take a corner and only the forwards and 2 midfielders are in the box?...

maybe a good tip for PES6 to put in a corner editor in which you can choose which players will be in the box for a corner\\:o/

Just push l2+r1 to raise the attack to the red line and wait until your centerbacks come into the box

Yeah, either wait for them, or change kicker, and they'll automatically be there when you've selected your new kicker.

do u really think that there is time to chose the tallest defender to clear the ball?

It's more difficult in we10 because your not guaranteed to beat just by using R2 and hitting the buttons anymore. Have to accept it's a bit more 'random'.

use Triangle and intercept those dangerous freekicks with the keeper :)
helps many many times for me.

i stopped using the traditional way of clearing with :square: or :circle: , and found more success defending corners with :x: :). positioning with :r2: .

reference: 6* ML/Sporting Clube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom