Coronation Street v Eastenders

Vote!

• Corrie!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Eastenders!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Neither - soaps are for old women with no sex life!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
TV burp is hilarious. And Emmerdale is better than both Coronation Street and Eastenders.

neighbours is pure garbage - almost as dire as hollyoaks!

now emerdale has some classy chicks in it!!!

to be honest, all soaps are garbage. Eye candy makes up for it.

Neighbours has actually had some unique and quirky storylines that don't revolve around violence, sleeping with everyone (regardless of gender) in the street, and sitting in a pub all day. Considering the soap is set in Australia, that is quite an acheivement

Last edited:
i remember loving neighbours while i was still at school, circa 1987/8. it really had some great characters in it - flamin' joe mangle, dopey des, henry ramsey, and bouncer the dog. nowadays, i can't bear to watch it 'cos the main storyline usually revolves around the romance of two 14-year-olds or something equally unwatchable - how pathetic is that! i'd love to know what the producer's target age group is, coming off with tripe like that!

then home and away was good too in the early days, with people like carly, roo, frank, bobby (always had a thing for bobby - not sure why!) and a very, very, very young sally! now, the storylines are on a par with neighbours, with teens being mostly the subject of them.

the thing i like about corrie, and to a lesser extent, emerdale and eastenders, is that 'you can just watch them whenever' and you don't necessarily have to be up to date with what is happening - then if you don't watch it again for another 2 weeks, it's no big deal. but sometimes a storyline will suck you in and you actually sit down and wait for it to come on!

anyway, i can't believe i've dedicated this much time to writing about soaps - i'm outta here, before i turn into my mum!

I randomly caught a bit of Home and Away before popping out...Sally gets stabbed!

Neighbours has gone proper shabby - it's crap but too damn addictive. Newsround, Byker Grove/Blue Peter, Neighbours followed by Fresh Prince was the regular supper time TV viewing after school for many of us I guess.

It's a very "university common room" or staff room thing to watch these days though. Throughout my finals, a bunch of us relied heavily on it to calm ourselves before the big exams ;)

In fact, to demonstrate her legendary status, the actress playing Susan Kennedy was made honorary member of the Common Room of the notoriously lesbian orientated college at our uni :lol: :

EDIT: found the link!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Woodburne

- Woodburne is an honorary member of the Junior Common Room of St Hilda's College, Oxford and the character of Susan Kennedy has been granted honorary membership of Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.

Last edited:
I agree with what Peter Eyres said about Neighbours. They don't resort to soap stereotypes. The characters can actually be happy on occasion! Because of this, it's a nice watch. Cheesy storylines and easy viewing.

Corrie can be OK, as can Emmerdale. Eastenders has completely lost the plot. Utter rubbish these days. Its shining point was when Grant returned and the Mitchell's tore it up again. But since thats finished its been shite.

Last edited:
I randomly caught a bit of Home and Away before popping out...Sally gets stabbed!

Neighbours has gone proper shabby - it's crap but too damn addictive. Newsround, Byker Grove/Blue Peter, Neighbours followed by Fresh Prince was the regular supper time TV viewing after school for many of us I guess.

It's a very "university common room" or staff room thing to watch these days though. Throughout my finals, a bunch of us relied heavily on it to calm ourselves before the big exams ;)

In fact, to demonstrate her legendary status, the actress playing Susan Kennedy was made honorary member of the Common Room of the notoriously lesbian orientated college at our uni :lol: :

EDIT: found the link!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Woodburne

That college is going to let male students in now according to rumour, don't you wish that happened when you were there!
icon_rolleyes.gif

And watching Neighbours is the key to doing well on exams, well I must start watching it again... after Holly Vallance... then Delta Goodram left I stopped watching
icon_wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom