Crashing or Freezing with WE8LE

A

Anj Dey

I've got the English Edition & Briish Edition & have been having problems with both - such as freezing between menus, not loading etc. I've got an old style PS2 SCPH 30003 model - could it be console or does the lens need cleaning? Anyone else had similar problems? I'd appreciate any advice.

More than likely its bad media.

I've got the same model PS2 as you and I've found that the best disks to use are Datawrite Yellow - Ritek G04. They're the best disks I've ever used for my PS2 and wont use anything else now, and I had major trouble for a long time.
Try giving the laser a clean maybe, you just need some rubbing alcohol (even lighter fluid will do) and a cotton bud. Just gently rub the laser, and move it around slightly to loosen up the mechanism, but dont be too heavy handed. :)

Thanks for that - how about a cd lens cleaner disc - will that do?

Yeah that might also work, it may just be dust on top of it. No harm in giving it a go anyway. ;)

i'll give it a go - after it crashes, it just never seems to load after that - i'll try giving the lens a clean.

It could also be the hardware or wear and tear over time. My cousin's PS2 doesn't play half the discs my PS2 plays, maybe because he's got a chipped older version, or his PS2's just got pretty ragged over the last 4/5 years. He can't play WE8: Livewire, or my disc containing Reefur .9 Patch.

Yeah but I got a re-conditioned one under my Dixons warranty from Sony, which I believe should have had a new laser fitted as my old one had slow loading times. I don't have any problems with any other games including PES4 or Metal Gear Solid 3. Maybe it is the media that's been used - i don't know. I've cleaned the laser & the discs but the games always freeze when I want to save or alter the settings etc. I'm pissed off cos after playing the game, you realise how much better it is than PES4 -

Back
Top Bottom