Cristiano Ronaldo wins PFA 'Player of the Year' award 2007

E

El Diego

... and I put £100 on it two weeks ago when the odds were 5-1!

Congrats Ronny, you have finally proved your critics wrong. What an exciting player he has been this season, lets just hope (as a United supporter) that he gets to lift some silverware at the end of this season!

Sky Sports.com:

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo has been named both PFA Player and Young Player of the Year.

The Portuguese winger was widely expected to take the main award and his remarkable season continued as he scooped both awards on Sunday evening at the Grosvenor House Hotel.

Ronaldo becomes only the second player in history to achieve the remarkable feat, the other being Sky Sports' own Andy Gray - who won both awards some 30 years ago in 1977.

Ronaldo held off competition from Chelsea's Didier Drogba in second and team-mate Paul Scholes - who came third - to take the main award. Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, and Cesc Fabregas were also in the running.

Ronaldo succeeds Gerrard and is the first United player to take the Player of the Year prize since Ruud van Nistelrooy in 2000.

In contrast, it is the third year in succession that a United player has taken the Young Player of the Year award - with team-mate Wayne Rooney winning the honour in 2005 and 2006.

Rooney was up for the award again, but he was beaten by Ronaldo as he also held off competition from Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), who came second, and Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur) in third.

Micah Richards (Manchester City) and Kevin Doyle (Reading) were also up for the award.

Last edited by a moderator:
we also had 8 players in the premiership team of the year too :)

Not corrupt at all then.

As if VDS has been consistently better than, say, James.
As if Essien shouldn't be in there.
As if Gerrard should be in there this year, he's been average at best.

Rio? hahahahahha:lmao: :lmao:

yeah because we all know city have great players, I think your only on here to wind people up lol

Totally deserved:applause:

i don't know how ferdinand and VSD are ahead carvalho,carragher,vidic or James,foster or cech:roll:

Still hate his guts.

Jealousy is one of the seven deadly sins you know! I would kill for his skill, money and woman! I love the football fans that still hate him - don't they realise that every game he gets booed at makes him play better? He has massive balls to come here after the world cup and win this award.

Congrats Ronny - you have done yourself and United proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jealousy is one of the seven deadly sins you know! I would kill for his skill, money and woman! I love the football fans that still hate him - don't they realise that every game he gets booed at makes him play better? He has massive balls to come here after the world cup and win this award.

Congrats Ronny - you have done yourself and United proud.

wow he's not anymore cheater for you? :roll:

wow he's not anymore cheater for you? :roll:

Cheater? Ronny didn't cheat England out of the World Cup, they were shit and beaten by a better team in Portugal. Jeez, you guys still obsessing about the World Cup which is already nearly a year old!? :lol:

Change the record . . .

Yes, he cheats. But he cheats for us :lol:

:applause: I love the way some of our Portugese friends think they OWN Ronny and that he should be playing for Benfica/Porto/Sporting. He is way too good to be playing in that shoddy league! :lol:

:applause: I love the way some of our Portugese friends think they OWN Ronny and that he should be playing for Benfica/Porto/Sporting. He is way too good to be playing in that shoddy league! :lol:

He is one of us, and he plays in our national team. And in our national team he will keep beating your national team. :)

He is one of us, and he plays in our national team. And in our national team he will keep beating your national team. :)

How are Benfica doing in the UEFA Cup? Oh I forgot, they got knocked out! :lmao:

We dont care, the England team was always a joke before Portugal got there.
All that matters is Man Utd and they'll keep beating your domestic team WITH your player. :lol:

I do, I just think the Portugese and Italian leagues are shit.

I love La Liga and De Bundesliga though! :)

It's a shame some people here don't respect other leagues :(
Its not disrespecting. Its just that people like airjoca think Ronaldo belongs to them because he's portugese. El Diego is just making them face the fact that its league isnt as big as the English or even Italy and Spain.
El Diego might have his own ways saying how he feels but lets face it, most of it is true. You just dont like the manner in which he says it.

It's a shame some people here don't respect other leagues :(

Indeed. I like ManU, but not the attitude from fans like El Diego. Sure, you beat us (Benfica) this year, last year we knocked you out of the CL. And that was done with a team from a "shitty league", with a lot less money.

And remember: Ronaldo "belongs" to United for now, but that may change somewhere down the road. But he'll always be portuguese.

And remember: Ronaldo "belongs" to United for now, but that may change somewhere down the road. But he'll always be portuguese.
That that doesnt meant he "belongs" to you? Man Utd pay for his service.

I never claimed that my friend, it's true that our league is shit but look at our last results:

02/03 - FC Porto - UEFA Cup
03/04 - FC Porto - UEFA Champions League
2004 - Portugal - Runner's up
04/05 - Sporting - UEFA Cup runner's up

It's almost 2/2 and I not counting with Benfica because was stolen by Barcelona and UEFA last year, but that's normal... The name "Benfica" sometimes hurt the years of some people.

C. Ronaldo is doing the same job of Vieri...

a mercenary!

You'll see it in next few years (maybe 2) joining to La Liga.

Oh and Premiership is also crap, only clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal survive there and it's not competetive as La Liga. You have excellent players playing at your own league but they just play in strong clubs, the rest is bullshit.

i understand what the portugese people on here are saying, its the same when beckham went to madrid, i was proud of him

Back
Top Bottom