Crossing in LE

Tim7 said:
5* is harder than 6* IMO. On 6* The CPU just plays all out attack, making it very easy to counter. On 5* the CPU is more balanced and you have to actually think about your attack and built it more. Sometimes I find myself knocking the ball about amongst my defence/midfield, looking for an opening, just keeping possession.

Just my IMO.

Bugger it looks like I'll be going down to 4* then ;)

TrebuTa said:
6 stars here too and I still score as many headers as in PES4.

You didn't cross the ball in PES4 much then? ;)

Ok here are some goal's I just scored from crosses in a couple of games. Sorry about the quality but I had to use my digital camera and then compress the files which doesn't help the quality either but they are watchable. I know some people hate the radar, but on all of these goals I used the radar to see where my players were positioned. So I knew where and when to cross the ball.

1. For this first goal I could see Henry was a few feet behind the last central defender so I double tapped circle and pressed < to cut it back with a bit of pace. Notice how the defender doesn't have time to turn and clear it. By the time he's turned round the ball is in the back of the net. Henry Header

2. For the second goal I could see I had a player running in at the back post. So I pressed circle once and ^ so it would send the ball to the back post. If I'd of pressed circle twice it would have been intercepted as there were too many defenders in the box so only pressing it once allowed the ball to travel all the way to the back stick.
Trezeguet Far Post

3. For this goal I was on the counter attack and could see that Henry was in front of the last central defender. So I decided to tap circle 3 times to zip it along the floor for him for a easy tap in. A double tap of circle cross might have also worked, but I don't think heading is Henry's strong point. So given the choice that why I chose to give him the chance to feet. Henry Tap In

4. For this goal I was again on the counter attack and I'd pulled their defenders out of position so Henry was free in the centre. Now this time I used the high through ball ( L1 + Triangle) to get the ball to Henry. Because I could see on my radar he was in so much space. I could play the slower ball to him and set him up for a nice volley.
Henry Volley

Try some of these methods cos they do work. Once you get used to looking for the best scoring opportunity, rather than just crossing it and hoping it finds one of your men, you'll start scoring loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billsterno1 explainted very detail about the crossing and how to cross to the free player. More than that, you should need some "air battle skills" in case you cant get rid of a defender. If anyone would host some megs, i will post my "air battle"

subzozo said:
Billsterno1 explainted very detail about the crossing and how to cross to the free player. More than that, you should need some "air battle skills" in case you cant get rid of a defender. If anyone would host some megs, i will post my "air battle"

How big is the file mate. If it's under 30mb upload it here: www.rapidshare.de

just 4 files around 40mb, i just play 2 quick matches to kill Inter after seeing yersterday C1. :D:D:D:D

In PES4 I crossed the ball for like 15 times and hit 8 of them and still have the same amount in We8LE.

billsterno1 said:
I score from crosses all the time. The trick is to use the d-pad to send the ball in that direction. Also use the radar to see where you players are making there runs into the box. For example if your striker is level with the last defender press > and double tap circle to whip it in infront of the defender so your striker can run onto it. If your striker is behind the last defender press < and cross. It will pull it back to him and the defender won't have time to turn and your striker can run onto it. Just try using it, you will notice the differnce.

This is great advise man! Thanks a lot! I've scored two headers from crosses in 3 games played. That is more than I've scored over like 15 games or so.

ruffneckc said:
This is great advise man! Thanks a lot! I've scored two headers from crosses in 3 games played. That is more than I've scored over like 15 games or so.

Glad it helped mate. Once you get more practice you'll be complaining that it's too easy to score from crosses LOL ;)

subzozo said:
Ahn, that trick is very old since i played we3 for money in BachKhoa Uni in VN. ;)
Anyway, even normal cross isnt too hard to score. If you guys want i can try to record some of my crosses. Just let me know if u guys want me to do so. Im at final exam so it will take time.

Hello !
Oh, I did not say that it is a new trick, but it is one of my ways to score from crossing if the defenders want to stop my midfield cross the ball in to the area. You said that you played WE 3 for money, now in Vietnam there are some guys still do that, but not me. I can say that I'm one of the best WE player in Vietnam, but I've never played for money, just for fun with my friends. When these guys challenged me, I beat them as well as I beat the computer, so they never want to play with me again, he he. Now, where are you now, Vietnam or other country ? I alway want to play with someone who is master of WE, to learn from him and to prove myself. If you in Vietnam & Ho Chi Minh City, contact me and we may have a competition, OK ? If not, may be we will play together when WE can played online worldwide.

Last edited:
im in canada for 4 years now but i will come back for holiday this summer but i live in hanoi, not hcm. Yea, hope we can play online in near future.

Use the Finale ball, it does back a difference and when attacking a cross press down on the D-PAD and shoot.

Mozz said:
Um, you do realise the only difference between the balls is the texture??

No it isn't. Try playing with the SYS balls, you'll notice a big difference.

IMO he isn't. Try the SYS you will notice the difference straight away.

It's a load of rubbish, all the balls are the same apart from the textures LOL. He's living in fantasy world.............yeh pick this ball and you'll score more..........Don't think so!!!

I've discovered that crossing while pressing R2 is mush better than normal crosses. Has anyone tried it b4 or is it just illusions :)

Just discovered that myself last night, first noticed it helped me score from corners so starting trying to remember to do it with crosses as well and I was getting a much better connection percentage :)

thx
Try to cross with L1+R2+O (circle) for high crosses, L1+R1+0O for mid height crosses, and L1+R1+OOO for low crosses.
It works perfectly with me

With more than 11 years of WE experience I must pay my due respect to anyone claiming to score a lot from headers, in this year's versions, against 5 or 6* CPU and/or versus worthy oponents.

Being a player who likes to play on the wings, and although I can still beat the hell out of my oposition I feel very frustrated with crossing this year, and WE8LE didn't make it better.

I've tried everything: crossing with R1,L1,R2,L2 or simply no L or R... crossing using the d-pad to put the ball were my players apear... crossing from single tap, double tap or even 3 tap according to situations... nothing works consistently. I still score some from double tap or 3 tap, but too few to consider playing on the wingers as a solid productive option. It's very frustrating, specially compaired to previous versions.

I also don't agree with the "cross and shoot and it's in" approach of older versions (PS1 mainly, remember Kanu or Kluivert in 433 eheh) but for goodness sake.. it's virtually impossible to score regularly from a normal cross to your striker... there is 95% a defender there no matter how you cross, the direction you send, and the buttons you use. You just cross, cross, cross untill in one game there it goes.. a nice header.

I find the "R2 positioning" the most funny note of all... I cannot even imagine what kind of oposition ppl are facing if they have the time to position their striker using the R2 and still score from headers... it's totally unproductive, 90% of times you not only don't reach the ball as you even remove the striker from the spot to which your winger is crossing (if only the defender didn't cutt if before).

I also attended PES4 tournaments this year and I didn't find a single player who scored regularly from the air, even using the top headers of the game...

just my 2 cents.

Agreed Mauras except the R2 positioning bit.

Overall I still score those headers but they're far and few in between and nowhere near as much as previous versions. I find no matter what type of cross I use, there's always a defender there who heads it clear. Very rarely do I get to cross with nobody around and leaving my player unmarked that's why i'm not happy with my total # of goals from headers in this game.

Yet I do find R2 to be effective and it's because of that even the goals I DO get from headers. In some of them finally htere's only one defender and by using R2 at the right time I can slip JUST in front of the defender in last second and therefore get to ball first and head it in.

ah yep, in that I agree.. in a low population defence you can make good usage of R2 position but mate... 90% of crosses happen in situations where the oposition has 3,4 defenders inside.. in those situations i find R2 not only ineffective but also destroying.

well I don't even use R2 when crossing. I either Use L1 + double tap circle or triple tap or sometiems even ONE tap circle if i have a tall towering forward like Crouch.

Or the normal double tap, triple tap or single tap of Circle.

What does R2 or R1 do?

PLF said:
well I don't even use R2 when crossing. I either Use L1 + double tap circle or triple tap or sometiems even ONE tap circle if i have a tall towering forward like Crouch.

Or the normal double tap, triple tap or single tap of Circle.

What does R2 or R1 do?

R2 gives the ball a higher arch. The ball comes in at a much slower pace. Don't know about R1. Have any of you tried crossing manually, using R3 (right analog stick)? It seems as if you would be able to pinpoint crosses more effectively, however the difficulty of such passes would increase, compared to tapping Circle.

Back
Top Bottom