curling and controlled shots

Can you do a nice placed side foot shot with curl.

To send it away from the keeper then curl back into the net?

Some says L1 and R1 does what you mean :

Aim at the Left then Shoot Holding R1 .. it will go to the Right !! L1 to the LEft

in the beta manual it says you curl with the directional buttons. it says :l1: and :r1: are just so you can change the direction of your shot if you change your mind at the last minute.

Yes that is true ive figured it out now, those just change teh direction of the shot, i thought they curled.

Sulph said:
Yes that is true ive figured it out now, those just change teh direction of the shot, i thought they curled.

Sulph, do the directionals actually curl though. l1 and r1 work but when i tested curling there wasn't much response. when should you press left or right :confused:

Press left or right during the guage bar is filling, L1 and R1 do nothing with curl, check out my veron fk in the goal replay thread, what i did there was, r1 up and pressed left, whille aiming to the right of the goal

Sulph said:
Press left or right during the guage bar is filling, L1 and R1 do nothing with curl, check out my veron fk in the goal replay thread, what i did there was, r1 up and pressed left, whille aiming to the right of the goal
what was :r1: up for???

Up for free kicks adds power, I dont know why i press R1, i think its Triangle in WE9 but i always press R1 since im used to it from the other versions.

What about normal shooting Sulph?

Like when a player side foots a shot and is almost trying to pass it past the keeper but they need to curl it past him in the air(looks best) or along the ground?

Then you use R2 shot. But you have to be standing at an angle so that if the shot went straight, it would go wide. But cuz you pressed R2, it will curl depending on how good the striker is at shooting.

Yes the R2 is even more usefsul when you are running along the goal line with a fast winger and you want to just curl it in at a very very tight angle.

I see thanks guys. Any video's of this in action love to see it (not with rapidshare though never ever works for me :( )

So has R2 changed from Pro Evo 4 cause on that you used R2 to make them hit it harder and do the little jump, if you get me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that the best use for the :r2: shot is when you're approaching the keeper from an angle (not down the middle) . You get a Thierry Henry style finish \\:o/

in evo8 i use to use the r3 for the player to only touch the ball for the running player to shoot...
in evo9 it dosent work...
how can i do this in 9??

plus...
how can i shoot i shot on the ground from a FK? any how can i do an in game on the ground shot?

Last edited:
When having two players taking the freekick press L1+X to touch the ball so the other guy can shoot.

Scored a beutiful curling shot last night against my brother with Yakubu. I received the ball on the left side of the penalty area moved in a bit and curled it in the far corner kind of lobbing the keeper.

fatman_scoop said:
If you press R1 with a free kick doesnt it make your player drive it towards goal, whereas if you press R2, its a weaker more accurate shot? this was the case for PES4/WE8 anyway.

The R1/R2 thing has been moved to X/Tri.
Just read the help at the bottom of a pause menu of the Fernando patch!

Back
Top Bottom