[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Battlefield 4

Pre-ordering Medal of Honor: Warfighter on Origin will gain buyers access to the Battlefield 4 beta.

So Battlefield 4 is now coming probably a 2013 release?

The only downside to getting access to the beta is you have to pre-order a game we all know will be shite.

Also wondering as well if this will be PC exclusive after Bad Company 3 annoucment was leaked a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Re: Battlefield 4

This is a bit confusing. BF4 and BC3 being talked about at the same time?

Battlefield 3 has been very successful on the consoles so I can't see EA/Dice making BF4 a PC exclusive, although it would be better for the series to have a more hardcore PC version and a lighter, run-and-gun game for the consoles.

Strange really because I always thought of Bad Company as just that - a more arcadey, accessible version of BF aimed at the console market and BF was the big game for the PC players. The lines between the two games seem blurred now, and on the consoles BC2 was the more grown-up experience compared to BF3.

I am hoping that this is also the case Bad Company being the console game and Battlefield 4 being PC exclusive as they could still do so much more if they made the game PC only, although graphically it was really good you always felt the PC version could look better still and maybe the gameplay could be alot more tactical like BF2 and too some extent make it abit more Arma like.

Bad Company was always a game designed for consoles and you can tell as soon as you start playing it is a console shooter. As although I thought BC was arcade like but the console version of BF3 is just really pants, severe system limitations of 6 year old hardware is really showing it's toll now.

Last edited:

I was hoping for BC3 but lets see whether this is a next gen game also.

"Already, Battlefield 4 looks nothing short of astonishing."

"Battlefield 4 looks truly amazing; it will run at 1080p/60fps on next gen consoles."

The upcoming multiplatform video game, Battlefield 4, may be released digitally for the PS4 and Xbox 720. According to a report by BF4 Central on March 11, EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment filed a trade mark for the fourth installment of the “Battlefield” franchise. Among the goods and services that the trademark will be used for included downloadable software.

EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment is responsible for the development of the sequel. In addition to the PS4 and Xbox 720, Battlefield 4 is also rumored to be coming out for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

A formal announcement for the first-person shooter is expected to be made during an event on March 26.

1363190303_1705_2_1869.jpg

1363190303_6650_6_1369.jpg

1363190303_4171_battlefield_3_october_6_v8.jpg

Fingers crossed they use what they learnt from 3 and we won't have to have gigs worth of shit fixed in patches every few months.

It will apparently debut at the same time as the PS4 launch. Rumour has it the XB720 will launch a few weeks later. Press reveal in April for that, apparently.

I read it was being shown behind closed doors at sony's ps4 announcement so I can well believe it will be a launch title. But then I also read that Xbox had signed some sort of timed exclusive deal with EA to make their games on Xbox first.

I read it was being shown behind closed doors at sony's ps4 announcement so I can well believe it will be a launch title. But then I also read that Xbox had signed some sort of timed exclusive deal with EA to make their games on Xbox first.

Yeah, it's definitely been shown around, as EA have claimed it looks sensational in motion. But then I guess they would.

Vids dead but I went on YouTube and saw some 17 minute long video (I think) that graphically looks great but it looked VERY scripted and boring. The same bottle necked, step outside the area and instant death type shit. I HATED the campaign for 3 and this looks more of the same.

I'm looking forward to the main course of the game though... The MP teaser videos.

I was impressed, even if that's scripted, because I liked how they emphasize the feel of danger around you and your squadmates. That's really good video montage :).

So these announcements are for PC, PS3 and 360? The footage is obviously high end PC but I was hoping for PS4 footage of some kind, but they didn't even announce next gen as a release platform. What's going on with that?

If it definitely is coming to next gen then I'm waiting until the PS4 version is out, on 360 all we'll get are 24 players and similar graphics to BF3 as consoles can't really go any further.

They'd be missing a trick not releasing it on next gen, but with that in mind EA reps have already said the game looks astonishing on the PS4.

Again, no mention of next gen:

Battlefield 4 - Release Date: Autumn 2013

The genre-defining action blockbuster returns as Battlefield 4 blazes onto Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, delivering the trademark action and drama that you only get in a Battlefield game. Destroy and demolish the buildings that shield your enemies. Lead an assault from the back of a gunboat. Only in Battlefield can you do this and more. Only in Battlefield can you be... more.

Battlefield 4 ramps up the traditional Battlefield action to the next level thanks to the next-generation power and fidelity of the Frostbite 3 engine, ensuring that this is a visceral and dramatic experience that will impress even the most seasoned Battlefield veterans.

The immersive and character-driven single-player campaign sees you tasked with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and will push you to your limits as you and your squad struggle to return home against the odds. On top of this is the hallmark multiplayer that will continue to immerse you and your fellow players in the glorious chaos of all-out war.

Well they probably don't want to risk losing out on current gen pre-orders right now by making too big a deal of how it'll be on next gen.

Back
Top Bottom