[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

No. The knife is a seperate button. You've clearly been pressing the analogue stick down too much while firing.

If you play on PC, then I have no idea :LOL:

PS4, still getting used to the controller, though the R3 button is nowhere near my RT for shooting! haha.

PS4, still getting used to the controller, though the R3 button is nowhere near my RT for shooting! haha.

It's not, no. But remember you move with that button. It's not hard to press it in while firing via panic. I've done it plenty of times myself!

I'm having that problem on PS4 where I press the knife button whilst shooting.
Really annoying

Scutch is right. It normally happens close range when I have turned a corner and been surprised by someone coming the other way.

I must be clicking it in as he says blind panic!

Scutch is right. It normally happens close range when I have turned a corner and been surprised by someone coming the other way.

I must be clicking it in as he says blind panic!

you're probably right. Didn't happen with my xbox controller though.

Might need to try a change of buttons as Rivaldinho suggested

on ps4's home screen i was looking at the add ons for Battlefield and notice China Rising was showing as free but when i select it the price changes to £11.99. Does that happen with anyone else?

The new patch has made the game crash repeatedly again, lovely.

Just started the PS4 MP, but where are all the players? I wanted this mainly for the larger scale 64 player games and the best I've seen all evening, in the large scale conquest games, is 8v8, then more leave and you end up with 3v3 on a 64 player map.

Have people just abandoned this already?

Last edited:
Yeah, I chose the large scale conquest mode in the filter options but the largest number of players I could find all night were about 18-19 out of 64

Strange, tried it again tonight and the maximum I saw were a tiny handful of games with around 40 players, the rest were less than 20 out of a possible 64. Those particular ones were well crap, the maps felt deserted.

I think I might get rid of this, I'm just not enjoying it at all. I usually do really well at Battlefield, in BF3 I had a k/d ratio of about 2.0 and was good enough to positively help the team out, but in this, I'm getting absolutely hammered game after game. There's something not right with it, I pile shots into people before they go down yet I often go down seemingly before someone has run round the corner. The good thing about the new consoles are that you can check this on the recorded videos, and sure enough, I'm going down seemingly the very microsecond someone comes into view, whereas I use an entire clip firing into an enemy player while he's running across an open expanse seemingly shrugging off the bullets.

I really don't get it.

Also, the game is reminding me too much of Medal of Honor MP, which was terrible. 90% of all players seem to be sniping on hills, sniping down corridors or sniping on rooftops.

I think I definitely might get rid of this, haven't tried playing for a while and now I can't find ANY games beyond a few with two or three players in the entire server. What's going on with this? Are the search options broken or is no-one playing?

It's also the only game that has kicked me out to the PS4 dashboard saying that an error has occurred. It happens all the time.

Last edited:
I get the crashing errors quite often. Not as much as it used to but it still happens.

The player numbers I'm stumped by. I'm almost always in full 64 player conquest games just going into quick match

I'll check that out tomorrow, thanks.

It's a shame because when the game works it's great fun. I just can't seem to play more than three or four games in a row without being kicked to the PS4 dashboard with some error notification. This has only ever happened with Battlefield.

There are so many issues, it's a bit disgraceful to be fair.

- the game CONSTANTLY loads a map only to then just go to a black screen with music playing, forcing me to reset the game from scratch. All the frickin' time.

- the game CONSTANTLY just throws me out completely and to the PS4 main screen with an error message. All the frickin' time.

- the filter system seems broken. I bought the game to play large scale 64 player games, yet the filter seems almost incapable of finding any. Some maps, it can't find any games of any description. So, the only option is to use quick match, and that bizarrely only ever seems to load me into the same two maps over and over again. Two of them I must have a played forty times by now, some of them less than five times.

- there are barely any maps. You scroll through the list and most of them seem to be paid DLC or Premium. I don't want to pay another £50 just for a multiplayer game to have an adequate number of maps, not when I've already paid £50 for the game. £100 in total is absolutely disgusting.

- lag. It's a mess. Some days are fine, some days I can stand there piling into enemy players and it does absolutely nothing almost every time.

- sound often cuts out when I get into vehicles.

Sigh. This is the only shooter of this kind around, and it feels like it's been turned into one walking advert to plough more money into EA's pockets despite the fact that the game clearly doesn't work properly. I'm certainly not putting any more money into this when it crashes every four games or so.

Re: Battlefield 4

Everytime I play team death match I get no sound for the 1st game on that server then its fine after that but I never get that problem on conquest

The sound issue is common, I remember it being in BC2 and BF3.

This game is still in beta, it crashes on me repeatedly but I still go back because when it works properly its a very, very good game.

When it works it's amazing, but it doesn't seem to work that often. I still can't find custom Rush matches using the filter, choosing Rush sees no search results. Choose another game mode and they all appear on the list. So, to play Rush, I have to choose quick match, and they've decided to remove the option to specify which map to use - so I never get to choose any maps, and it almost always puts me into the same two maps.

I'm also tired of snipers sitting on top of skyscrapers. What did DICE think was going to happen by allowing that?

Last edited:
No Rush via the browser is weird, I haven't experienced that. I never use quick match.

Camping snipers will always be a problem just like Rush 'defenders' who defend by camping in the attackers default respawn area and picking you off.

Makes me wonder whether DICE play their game online.

There have always been snipers, sure, but the city levels are overloaded with people hitching rides from choppers and sniping from half a mile up in the sky. I wouldn't mind it so much but so many seem to do it, it detracts from the main game and really empties out the map on the ground, which is a shame.

Surely any developer or game designer for this type of game will know that players will always try to find spots like these, like in BF3 when everyone kept using MAVs to ride up to the top of inaccessible cranes, bridges etc.

Oh well, it's still really fun but I just wish it could be more stable. I'd like to revisit some BF3 maps with the Second Assault DLC but I can't justify it if the game keeps crashing or lagging out all the time.

This game was definitely massively unfinished/behind schedule when it released, the sheer amount of bugs is horrendous...

I agree that the way there's so few maps unless you buy the Premium/DLC is shitty, especially when they have all of this content already planned out (names of all the DLCs are on the box/Origin already) and are most likely either completed or in the latter stages of development.

It's more reasonable on PC where you can grab the game for £20 and Premium for £20-25 whereas you're nearing £100 on consoles, but it's still a rip off and a bad precedent to support, although this whole microtransactions/early DLC/IAPs thing seems to be a rapidly growing trend... They've pretty much ruined mobile games (all the "free to play" bullshit, see the new Dungeon Keeper game for instance) and more and more of those elements are making their way to full price AAA games... Look at FIFA's Ultimate Team or Forza's DLC.

I've held off buying this and I'm very wary about purchasing any EA product lately.

Yeah it's expensive on console alright. Buying Premium does save you money if you intend to buy all the map DLC but adding another £40-50 on top of the £50 the game already costs is ridiculous.

I did decide to not get premium and then pick and choose which separate DLCs to get (I've got no interest in the air superiority DLC for example, I never ever fly in the game so it'd be pointless). I planned on getting Second Assault as I loved Metro and Caspian Border etc, but it says that I can't purchase this DLC because I don't have Premium. Is is Premium only then? F**k sake, EA.

Back
Top Bottom