Cyberpunk 2077

Well, yes I do enjoy this game. But I can get one thought out of my head, and that’s it reminds me of fallout4(as @OPM already said). A huge emerging world but the graphics are let down a bit. I’m playing this on PlayStation5. Those graphics won’t stop me from playing it till it’s a released. But I can’t wait for the next gen updates, that brings it at least next to the PC version.

anyway, im not a moaner for god sake... why bother with things i can’t change!?
as I said before, when the ng update hits I’ll have probably more than 60% of the story to conquer. thats ok-ish for me.

Yeah I admit, I’m trying to make the best out of that situation atm. It’s all about adapting at some point. ;)

Last edited:
Well, yes I do enjoy this game. But I can get one thought out of my head, and that’s it reminds me of fallout4(as @OPM already said). A huge emerging world but the graphics are let down a bit. I’m playing this on PlayStation5. Those graphics won’t stop me from playing it till it’s a released. But I can’t wait for the next gen updates, that brings it at least next to the PC version.

anyway, im not a moaner for god sake... why bother with things i can’t change!?
as I said before, when the ng update hits I’ll have probably more than 60% of the story to conquer. thats ok-ish for me.

Yeah I admit, I’m trying to make the best out of that situation atm. It’s all about adapting at some point. ;)
Can't see a NG update coming out before mid 2022. They have bigger issues to deal with now and it's vital for them to patch the PS4 and XONE versions. Sony already accepts refunds of the digital version and CDPR is under pressure. Another patch is coming on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Can't see a NG update coming out before mid 2022. They have bigger issues to deal with now and it's vital for them to patch the PS4 and XONE versions. Sony already accepts refunds of the digital version and CDPR is under pressure. Another patch is coming on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Well, I can. :)
When it will be released in 2021 (I’d say summer or fall), you sure can wait till 2022 before installing it. ;)
Staying positive here.

and if it’s really not out by then... I’ll play PES2022!! or Kena, or HP, or GT, or... good times ahead. The gaming future is looking bright! :D

Last edited:
Those videos aren't really needed anymore.
You just need to open Geforce Experience, click on the game and click optimise.

The days of pissing around with every single setting to find the best solution, really is a thing of the past.

And based on what it configure? Performance? Quality? Somewhere inbetween? I dont mind 30-40fps personally tbh, anything above seems unrealistic to my eyes anyways.

And based on what it configure? Performance? Quality? Somewhere inbetween? I dont mind 30-40fps personally tbh, anything above seems unrealistic to my eyes anyways.

It configures it however you like.
There is a sliding scale from performance to graphics.
With an optimal preset level, which is aimed to get 60FPS at the resolution selected.

It really does do an excellent job, just a shame AMD don't have an equivalent.

Exactly what I posted and they're now officially confirming it. Patches for last gen to save their investment and profit because they're afraid of thousands of refunds. They will have to fix the game on PC and last gen consoles before even start working on the next gen update. This is what happens when gamers are all in for fancy graphics and forget the most important aspect of videogames which is gameplay.

Exactly what I posted and they're now officially confirming it. Patches for last gen to save their investment and profit because they're afraid of thousands of refunds. They will have to fix the game on PC and last gen consoles before even start working on the next gen update. This is what happens when gamers are all in for fancy graphics and forget the most important aspect of videogames which is gameplay.

This, and this ^^

They forgot to direct the apology to PC players also, who don't own the latest 2000 or 3000 series nVidia graphic cards (VAST majority of PC players). They should damn well grant refunds, since their system requirement spread sheet is just a BLATANT LIE. Or did CDPR expected that, during a global pandemic, the average consumer would be able to purchase either a next-gen console, or a 700 dollar video card?!? Even if they could, neither are available anymore, to who knows when...

I mean, I can play triple-A titles like Metro Exodus (60 FPS most of the time, with some graphic tweaks) and RDR2 (50 FPS most of the time, with a lot of graphic tweaks) on my friggin' GTX 970 from 2015 (both on 1080p, of course). But with Cyberfuck 2077, I can get 30 FPS AT MOST, with all the graphic settings ON LOW! I had to bump down the resolution to freakin' 720p to get a decent frame rate. That's not because the graphics are eye-popping (they are, but so are many other games that play a lot better), it's because the game is so damn poorly optimized.

First rule: a developer should make the game playable on 60 FPS / 1920x1080, period (Current gen consoles and video cards). If it looks bad and "elitists" complain (VERY FEW people), shrug it off, and release a graphic upgrade patch LATER. Exactly the opposite of what CDPR has done.

I really want to see what the game looks like on PS4 first hand.
With what people are saying about it, it looks like someone rubbed shit all over the screen.

They clearly never really worked on the last-gen version of the gen and concentrated solely on the PC version.
It's still current gen mate. You must understand that your current system specs (which you list in your signature) is owned by 0.0001% of people who game, if that much. Those specs are next gen. Technically speaking, last gen is Ps3 and Xbox 360... I mean, I own an i5, Maximus Hero 6 and GTX 970, and people here in my country call my rig a "NASA" computer (that's just for you to have an idea). CDPR focused the game on next gen only. I asked for a refund and might re-purchase when they fix their own mess. Until they do (which they will probably won't), I'll never purchase a product from them ever again...

It's still current gen mate. You must understand that your current system specs (which you list in your signature) is owned by 0.0001% of people who game, if that much. Those specs are next gen. Technically speaking, last gen is Ps3 and Xbox 360... I mean, I own an i5, Maximus Hero 6 and GTX 970, and people here in my country call my rig a "NASA" computer (that's just for you to have an idea). CDPR focused the game on next gen only. I asked for a refund and might re-purchase when they fix their own mess. Until they do (which they will probably won't), I'll never purchase a product from them ever again...

Well personally I call PS4 and Xbox One last gen as they are the previous generation of machine.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X are now the current generation.

In regards there are two types of PC Gamer.
People who use it primarily as a gaming machine and those people will own at least a 2060, and most likely a 2080 or above.
Them there are those who game casually on PC who most likely game on a 1050Ti, which is perfectly fine for med/high settings on HD.
My PC specs are probably overkill, but then I enjoy building my PC and upgrading it as much as playing on it.
+ I am a geek and have always been interested having the latest kit, and I guess I am lucky to always be able to buy and afford the latest components

I just feel that Nividia clearly invested money in this to make it very PC friendly, which is why performance outright really sucks on last gen.
The only problem now, is can they patch the game quick enough to stop all the complaints and people queuing to get a refund.

When people say it's unoptimised, I wonder what they mean in particular and what they think "optimising" the game to run better would involve.

When games are "optimised" to run on shit/old hardware, that pretty much either means they make the game less dense with objects/AI/effects, or make what is there look like arse. Last-gen console games, especially the base models have generally done both of these things and still barely made 30FPS most of the time.

From what I've seen, this looks to be a big, dense, detailed open world game in an urban environment. Probably the hardest type of game to "optimise" - graphical comparisons to linear games, or RDR2 where it's rural environments or towns with about 5-10 small buildings are not really fair. The closest comparison would probably be GTA V which is 30FPS with frequent dips especially on XB1, with less population density/variety than on the PC and this is an old game from 360/PS3 gen. Just Cause 3 is another open world game that runs like absolute shit on base model last gen, and to make it playable Just Cause 4 looks like a PS2 game at times. If those games were more hyped/popular there would have been similar backlash.

The last-gen consoles are just shit - they were shite on their release 7 years ago (specs like a mid-range 2012 gaming laptop) so it's no wonder that a modern game primarily developed for PC, and probably for 2016 onwards mid-high spec PCs at that, is struggling to be downgraded enough to be playable on 2013 shitty specced base model consoles. It is CDPR's responsibility for releasing the game on those platforms, which they probably shouldn't have done, but people's expectations should be realistic for what those consoles are capable of.

Well personally I call PS4 and Xbox One last gen as they are the previous generation of machine.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X are now the current generation.

In regards there are two types of PC Gamer.
People who use it primarily as a gaming machine and those people will own at least a 2060, and most likely a 2080 or above.
Them there are those who game casually on PC who most likely game on a 1050Ti, which is perfectly fine for med/high settings on HD.
My PC specs are probably overkill, but then I enjoy building my PC and upgrading it as much as playing on it.
+ I am a geek and have always been interested having the latest kit, and I guess I am lucky to always be able to buy and afford the latest components
Well, there ya go... it's last gen for you, but it's still current gen for the vast majority of people.
The only people that use PC's for (primarily) gaming are indeed lucky / rich. But at least you admit it, so props to you mate. The game only runs "acceptably" in 3060-3080's (most of the time) and 2060-2080's (barely). 1060-1080 and 960-980's got proper fucked by CDPR and their fake system requirements sheet. You've probably seen it.

Again, they should've went the other way, which @fear pointed out: good gameplay (they got that right, gameplay bugs are normal on games of this magnitude, and should be ironed out soon enough), good performance/stability (meaning FPS, they got it so wrong), and then worry about the graphics... they did the exact opposite of that.

I just feel that Nividia clearly invested money in this to make it very PC friendly, which is why performance outright really sucks on last gen.
I'm sorry, this doesn't make a lot of sense. They invested their money to make a graphically heavy game, that only run on expensive hardware. Which is, again, owned by a very small margin of people. nVidia made this game a "flagship" (and the other way around is also true... which automatically made AMD graphic card owners get f***ed) for the release of their 3000 series. But that shouldn't mean the game should run in a satisfactory way ONLY in those cards. On the opposite, they still have other models to sell. Backfire, much? Aside from all the refunds, who will now buy all those still available 2080's (underperformed by cheaper 3080's) at a 1200 dollars price-tag? One has to be pretty stupid to do so, after all this Cyberpunk debacle...

The only problem now, is can they patch the game quick enough to stop all the complaints and people queuing to get a refund.
They won't be able to do it in time... They delayed the game several times, they crunched their employees to a pulp (another shame on CDPR) and EVEN SO they couldn't make it performance-stable. A few patches might fix the bugs, sure, but won't fix the performance / stability. And that's a shame on them.... I sincerely hope CDPR get refund requests up the arse.

When people say it's unoptimised, I wonder what they mean in particular and what they think "optimising" the game to run better would involve.

When games are "optimised" to run on shit/old hardware, that pretty much either means they make the game less dense with objects/AI/effects, or make what is there look like arse. Last-gen console games, especially the base models have generally done both of these things and still barely made 30FPS most of the time.

From what I've seen, this looks to be a big, dense, detailed open world game in an urban environment. Probably the hardest type of game to "optimise" - graphical comparisons to linear games, or RDR2 where it's rural environments or towns with about 5-10 small buildings are not really fair. The closest comparison would probably be GTA V which is 30FPS with frequent dips especially on XB1, with less population density/variety than on the PC and this is an old game from 360/PS3 gen. Just Cause 3 is another open world game that runs like absolute shit on base model last gen, and to make it playable Just Cause 4 looks like a PS2 game at times. If those games were more hyped/popular there would have been similar backlash.

The last-gen consoles are just shit - they were shite on their release 7 years ago (specs like a mid-range 2012 gaming laptop) so it's no wonder that a modern game primarily developed for PC, and probably for 2016 onwards mid-high spec PCs at that, is struggling to be downgraded enough to be playable on 2013 shitty specced base model consoles. It is CDPR's responsibility for releasing the game on those platforms, which they probably shouldn't have done, but people's expectations should be realistic for what those consoles are capable of.
It has little to do with linearity vs. non-linear. You got a point on RDR2 having very few crowded / tall buildings areas (pretty much St. Denis only), but it has a lot to do with how pre-loaded the assets are. RDR2 takes a LONG time to load, which means it prevents the CPU from getting busy loading assets while you are playing. Cyberpunk, on the other hand, loads up pretty quick. But that means it doesn't pre-load lots of the assets (I'm sure you've seen the "potato-mode car" loading up twitter video, while the player was walking by it). Of course it's not that Black & White, but you get the picture.

And no, the game is not running fine on 2016 onwards PC's (when 1060-1080's video cards were released). Just check reddit. And no one said it should run, except CDPR's fake-ass system requirement spread sheet:

systemSpecs.jpg

Without delving into the hordes of people moaning on Reddit (happens at every major release of anything), I just looked up some gameplay videos with FPS counters on the minimum/recommended specs and it seems fine?...

I even watched one using a GTX 780 and it was playable at 720p/900p.

Not being locked 60FPS on even a high-end card from years ago does not have to mean bad optimisation. Flight Simulator 2020 doesn't run locked 60FPS on a GTX 1080 which is way above the "recommended" GTX 970, which you'd be lucky to get 40FPS on but I wouldn't say it was unoptimised. Unless they've come out and said that min/recommended is a guarantee of smooth 60FPS on certain settings then it's a bit much to say their listed requirements are fake.

Last edited:
With all due respect man, if you think it's fine for a game to only push 30 FPS (and not 60), 1920 x 1080 resolution on a GTX 1060 (yes, it's all on ultra/high settings, but even when he lowers most of them to a mix of high/medium, he get maybe 45 fps, tops... 50 with everything on low... that's why most people are coming up with the argument that it's not ideally optimized), then I don't know what else to tell you, really... Take care.

Freezing for 1 minute? That's crazy. Feel really bad for my buddy which saved for this game on his ps4.

Enjoyed reading your take on the situation @crustcyb. Was the game just too ambitious to run on last gen even though it was announced before they came out? I feel other games of last generation were ambitious but still look great ( yes linear and not so dense but what @fearw said cdpr should have prioritized other more important stuff; dense city but at 17fps is like watching a slide show so what's the point ). some parts straight up look like N64 npcs and not just graphics but AI as well. Don't know if they will be able to patch that up

Performance aside, How's the gameplay? Is it all out was hyped up to be? Taking away the bias it was from the W3 devs.

I've watched a few videos and streams, and with how detailed this looks then yeah, 1080p/60fps ultra/high is not a realistic expectation on an entry/mid-range card from 4 years ago like the 1060. Playing in 1080p does not automatically mean you get 60fps on high+ in any game with any GPU from the last 5 years, or they're unoptimised garbage.

My PC wouldn't run it at 60fps either, but instead of buying it and then complaining, I'll wait until I have upgraded to something I know will provide the kind of experience I want from the game. I'm glad that we're finally starting to see older hardware become unviable. On high end rigs this looks fantastic and I'm sure it will when the proper current gen console versions release as well.

@rojofa No need for the sad emotico mate... I hope I wasn't being mean, or anything. Again, I stated "with all due respect". We're just discussing ideas / points of views...

I've watched a few videos and streams, and with how detailed this looks then yeah, 1080p/60fps ultra/high is not a realistic expectation on an entry/mid-range card from 4 years ago like the 1060. Playing in 1080p does not automatically mean you get 60fps on high+ in any game with any GPU from the last 5 years, or they're unoptimised garbage.
Again dude, I think you're flossing a dead horse here. No one's saying the game should run on ultra settings 1080p/60 FPS on 4 year old cards, of course. But for damn sure, if I (and anyone) can get games like Metro Exodus to go 60FPS/1080p on a tweaked setup (mix of high to medium settings) and 50 FPS on RDR2 (same mix, with a few more tweaks) on a 5 (not 4!) year old card, I for damn sure should at least get 60 FPS on Cyberpunk, with EVERYTHING DROPPED TO THE LOWEST SETTINGS. Repeat: LOW. No tweaks... Only I can't. It's useless to tweak anything. When you get very little FPS gain, even after dropping everything to low, and still get 30 FPS "TOPS", that's when you know you got a "really bad optimized game" on your hands. That's all there's to it. We're on the same boat here...

My PC wouldn't run it at 60fps either, but instead of buying it and then complaining, I'll wait until I have upgraded to something I know will provide the kind of experience I want from the game. I'm glad that we're finally starting to see older hardware become unviable. On high end rigs this looks fantastic and I'm sure it will when the proper current gen console versions release as well.
Lucky you. I don't have the luxury of waiting to upgrade my hardware. I'll have to work my ass off. During covid times and where I live? I might as well get the chance to upgrade my PC in maybe 4 or 5 years... If I'm still alive then... If you're glad to see that older hardware is becoming unviable during a period in which a lot of people can't leave their homes, or even work, because of a global pandemic... Then I'm sorry to say, mate, but you're an elitist. That's sad.

But hey! I'm not complaining. I'm just stating facts: CDPR designed a game taylor-made (a graphical juggernaut) for next-gen cards/consoles only , while the same next-gen cards and consoles only came out literally months ago, and during a pandemic. How many people were fortunate enough to get their hands on this kind of hardware? Ps5's and new Xbox'es? Very few, very rich people, that either live in the US of A, Japan, or maybe Europe (and only "wealthy" Europe, for that matter... Forget "not-so-wealthy" countries, no offense ). 3060-3080 RTX cards? Worse, with the sad addition of damned be bitcoin miners wiping out the cards from vendors... I sincerely wish all bitcoin miners die merciless deaths on a guillotine someday. Ransomware viruses are their fault.
So, if CDPR didn't think they dropped the ball big time on this one (which they did, and they know it), they wouldn't have apologized to their customers and even CALL 'em offering refunds.

Freezing for 1 minute? That's crazy. Feel really bad for my buddy which saved for this game on his ps4.

Enjoyed reading your take on the situation @crustcyb. Was the game just too ambitious to run on last gen even though it was announced before they came out? I feel other games of last generation were ambitious but still look great ( yes linear and not so dense but what @fearw said cdpr should have prioritized other more important stuff; dense city but at 17fps is like watching a slide show so what's the point ). some parts straight up look like N64 npcs and not just graphics but AI as well. Don't know if they will be able to patch that up

Performance aside, How's the gameplay? Is it all out was hyped up to be? Taking away the bias it was from the W3 devs.
Thanks mate... And apologizes to everybody about getting a little too long on the posts :((
The game is good from a gameplay perspective, if you're really into RPG's, that is. This is by no means an FPS shooter. Far from it (and expectedly so). You won't drop anybody with one headshot, unless you have a really high level character (and your victim is really low level). Think of Fallout 3/4 on a not so apocalyptical / and more like a dystopian futuristic environment, but without V.A.T.S. (which was a really cool feature on those Fallout games) and with WAY BETTER (again, expectedly) "cutscenes" (between quotes, 'cause you're almost always in control of your character, which is a big plus) / story elements. The driving aspect kinda sucks, but that's just my opinion. I think that every open world game that has driving in it will always be so inferior to GTA V, it's not even close.
But yeah, I can understand any graphic "whore" playing this on 4K/60 FPS, and giving a damn about the gameplay being good or not, because "ooohhh, the graphics... I'm so wet."

Last edited:
I must have been very lucky because after 12+ hours I didn't have a single crash on PS4 slim. Some clipping issues with NPCs here and there and not a single issue with texture loading. I even find the graphics quality very good. NPCs are on rails so I really don't care that much about the low density. I can't understand why density is low though, the NPCs are not even heavily coded, they are just sprites going back and forth like in W3.

@rojofa No need for the sad emotico mate... I hope I wasn't being mean, or anything. Again, I stated "with all due respect". We're just discussing ideas / points of views...
It was the "with all due respect" remark that prompted that reaction to be honest. That phrase to me basically means the complete opposite, like when something starts with "no offence" it's just an attempt to justify saying something offensive and serves no other purpose. I take it more to mean "With all the respect your comment deserves (i.e. none)". It's not just me, as you used Reddit to gauge the reaction to Cyberpunk, you can google "reddit with all due respect" you will see many threads with people showing these sentiments with thousands of upvotes like here or here with loads more about it. I was disappointed this being the tone of the discussion, but maybe read too much into this, I just find the phrase annoying and pointless. Apologies if I misread this.

Again dude, I think you're flossing a dead horse here. No one's saying the game should run on ultra settings 1080p/60 FPS on 4 year old cards, of course. But for damn sure, if I (and anyone) can get games like Metro Exodus to go 60FPS/1080p on a tweaked setup (mix of high to medium settings) and 50 FPS on RDR2 (same mix, with a few more tweaks) on a 5 (not 4!) year old card, I for damn sure should at least get 60 FPS on Cyberpunk, with EVERYTHING DROPPED TO THE LOWEST SETTINGS. Repeat: LOW. No tweaks... Only I can't. It's useless to tweak anything. When you get very little FPS gain, even after dropping everything to low, and still get 30 FPS "TOPS", that's when you know you got a "really bad optimized game" on your hands. That's all there's to it. We're on the same boat here...
I've not played Metro Exodus, and from videos it seems to be a rather linear corridor shooter for the most part, with the more open areas being pretty barren compared Cyberpunk's dense urban setting. In the videos I've seen of Cyberpunk's performance, it seems to struggle most when driving around in the most detailed parts of the city. Metro Exodus does not seem to have any comparable scenarios to this. Same goes for RDR2 in terms of the rural setting. Also the "low", "medium", "high" or "ultra" are not necessarily comparable between different games. I can run PES totally maxed out in 4K and probably still get 100FPS, but if I try that in Flight Simulator I would get 5fps and melt my PC. How much they have to render/process, how much all the effects get used, what the parameters behind the words are etc... It's not always as simple as "I can play X game on High 60FPS so this should run 60FPS on Low or it's unoptimised".

The videos I've seen comparing the Low to Ultra settings in Cyberpunk, Low still looks excellent apart from the shadow distance when driving and some close up textures/lack of AO. Maybe their "optimisation" could be to just make a new "Ultra Low" and downgrade each of the current settings by one or two tiers. People would probably feel better playing the game on "High" at 45+FPS even if that is actually what the game currently looked like at Low.

Lucky you. I don't have the luxury of waiting to upgrade my hardware. I'll have to work my ass off. During covid times and where I live? I might as well get the chance to upgrade my PC in maybe 4 or 5 years... If I'm still alive then... If you're glad to see that older hardware is becoming unviable during a period in which a lot of people can't leave their homes, or even work, because of a global pandemic... Then I'm sorry to say, mate, but you're an elitist. That's sad.
I'm not even part of this "elite" that I'm supposedly an elitist for - my PC is Vega 56 (midrange 2017) i7 4790k (2014), DDR3 RAM, games on HDD, playing in 1080p.

I'm waiting for more games that I'm interested in to start pushing the boundaries and becoming unplayable on my current rig before I bother to upgrade which I'm hoping will happen as games start being purposely made for current-gen without last-gen releases. I want my 6 year old CPU to not be keeping up with the biggest AAA games, but it's still able to produce playable and often great performance in most of them, as they are still targeted towards 2013's shoddy base model consoles. The piss poor Xbox Series S existing though will probably give my GPU another entire generation of at least 30FPS performance though.

Cyberpunk seems to be targeted almost entirely towards current gen consoles, evidenced by the way it looks great and performs fine on hardware equivalent to those consoles. It's playable on the minimum and required specs listed, but it's clearly not an optimal experience, neither do they propose it would be. Console gamers have had to put up with 25-30FPS on the majority of games for at least the last 2 generations, this game has made a lot of PC gamers feel how dreadful that is to play.

The point about not being able to work during a pandemic - of course, this year has sucked, for some more than others... But this doesn't mean we should want gaming to stand still for people who can't afford to upgrade. It's not like the thousands of previous games that run great on current hardware are going away, there's tons of great games people haven't played, so why immediately jump in on day 1 for one of the most demanding games of all time, especially if money is tight? This is among a tiny handful of games that requires a high-end rig for a good experience. Personally I just avoid these kinds of games until my hardware is capable of playing it how I want to play it.

It's a single player game (though there is multiplayer coming supposedly), so it will not be outdated like a sports game even in 5 years time. If that's when you or I get around to upgrading, this game is still there and if "optimisation" is the problem, that will have given them more than enough time to have addressed those kinds of problems, plus the game will probably have more DLC content, all included in a GOTY edition at a much cheaper price than what it currently costs.

But hey! I'm not complaining. I'm just stating facts: CDPR designed a game taylor-made (a graphical juggernaut) for next-gen cards/consoles only , while the same next-gen cards and consoles only came out literally months ago, and during a pandemic. How many people were fortunate enough to get their hands on this kind of hardware? Ps5's and new Xbox'es? Very few, very rich people, that either live in the US of A, Japan, or maybe Europe (and only "wealthy" Europe, for that matter... Forget "not-so-wealthy" countries, no offense ). 3060-3080 RTX cards? Worse, with the sad addition of damned be bitcoin miners wiping out the cards from vendors... I sincerely wish all bitcoin miners die merciless deaths on a guillotine someday. Ransomware viruses are their fault.
So, if CDPR didn't think they dropped the ball big time on this one (which they did, and they know it), they wouldn't have apologized to their customers and even CALL 'em offering refunds.
I agree with this situation, it's another reason I'm not thinking about upgrading yet. Hopefully the scalping won't be a problem in a few months time. That is outside of CDPR's control though, and if they'd delayed the game even further until the consoles/GPUs were more readily available or cancelled the last-gen versions completely, there would have likely been just as severe backlash. They already got death threats for delaying it a few more weeks, so imagine if they cancelled last gen releases entirely...

It's frankly not a last-gen game and shouldn't have been released on it, that is their fault and they should apologise/refund for it, but these days where gameplay/benchmarks and streams are so abundant immediately upon release of a game, digital releases don't have the scarcity of physical copies so don't need pre-ordering etc. I don't believe anyone can claim to have been scammed. It's so easy to make an informed choice on what you are buying that the consumer should take some responsibility as well.

Last edited:
Aw man... The video itself goes to show exactly why the game is so badly optimized in the first place... When there's little difference between Ultra graphics, and Low graphics, that's when you know that by lowering them, it won't give you SQUAT in terms of FPS gain... This game just takes their default 4K textures and blur them off a bit every time you lower the settings. That's why the game doesn't require a restart when you change the texture settings: because it doesn't have to reload them, as there's only 1 set of textures... They should've made all 4 different size of textures packs. Sure, it would probably take double the size of the current game (from default 60 GB to 120 GB's, maybe even more), but damn, Witcher 3 is from 2015, and it fills up the same 60GB's of space on a hard drive. Don't you find that weird?
But whatever, mate. I guess we both agree to disagree. And that's all good... I sincerely apologize if you felt bad about the phrase, and also about calling you a elitist.

I guess I was just so freakin' frustrated yesterday trying to make this damned game run in a satisfactory way, all while also watching youtube celebs like Linus f***'in' Tech Tips getting a free LG 8K TV, and a free Origin Rig already set up with the latest tech hardware... while for us mere mortals, even if an RTX 3080 was available at stock price (700 US$), converting that to my currency, and then doubling the price (which is how vendors tag imported computer parts), it would total between 11 to 12000 my currency. With 12000 I can pay a whole year of my apartment rent... How am I supposed to spend 12000 "money" on a freakin' GPU? And that's ignoring the fact that the CPU and motherboard need upgrading also... That's why I said, 5 years minimum to upgrade everything. It pisses me off to some degree.

Back
Top Bottom