Cyberpunk 2077

Seeing all this third person driving just makes me more annoyed that the whole thing isn't in third person.

Agreed... hoping some release or update eventually brings it...

The world they built looks fantastic... seems the Series X colors "pop" a bit more and obviously the reflections look better... Both still look great.

The only thing I felt was a negative is the same thing I saw from a video a while ago... I want to believe this city is a bustling big city like New York, however it seems a bit empty, when he was driving on the street there were barely any cars or pedestrians... Maybe its not meant to be the New York, and more like Omaha, NE
Really like the cyberpunk theme though and the graphics look nice... Its shaping up to be a great game although even though it doesn't seem groundbreaking hoping the story-telling will pull through

Last edited:
There is a Stadia Promotion that if you pre-order the game, you will get Stadia Premier for free.
I'm not really interested in preordering Cyberpunk but I just might bite just to test Stadia (had a good experience in their beta) and for the hardware. Plus if you are a new user you get $10 off...

There is a Stadia Promotion that if you pre-order the game, you will get Stadia Premier for free.
I'm not really interested in preordering Cyberpunk but I just might bite just to test Stadia (had a good experience in their beta) and for the hardware. Plus if you are a new user you get $10 off...

If you game on PC.
Cyberpunk is only £21 at the moment or $26.

If you game on PC.
Cyberpunk is only £21 at the moment or $26.

Where? I do game on pc but tbh in not too interested in this game even less to preorder. However I am intrigued by the hardware included, given my chromecast at home is first gen. Wish i could buy the deal,sell the game or let me get another game

Where? I do game on pc but tbh in not too interested in this game even less to preorder. However I am intrigued by the hardware included, given my chromecast at home is first gen. Wish i could buy the deal,sell the game or let me get another game

You have to buy from gog.com using a Russian VPN.

I did it a couple of months ago, very easy to do and game will be in English when released.

The difference between the old trailers (which they show briefly in the gameplay video intros) and the actual graphics on next-gen consoles is pretty outrageous. It's the difference between "oh my God that's Keanu Reeves" and "oh my God it's Cavani from FIFA 16".

The raytracing on PC looks amazing, and I'm annoyed I'm going to be missing out on that (and a total lack of people on the streets, as others have pointed out).

The difference between the old trailers (which they show briefly in the gameplay video intros) and the actual graphics on next-gen consoles is pretty outrageous. It's the difference between "oh my God that's Keanu Reeves" and "oh my God it's Cavani from FIFA 16".

The raytracing on PC looks amazing, and I'm annoyed I'm going to be missing out on that (and a total lack of people on the streets, as others have pointed out).

The PC version should look incredible.
Nvidia have helped massively with the developer, so it is massively optimised to take advantage of the RTX 3000 architecture and Nvidia technologies.

It should look very good with Ray Tracing in 4K.

However I don't think the next gen consoles will be that far away from PC high settings with Ray Tracing, they will just be locked to 30FPS.

I do wonder though, if this is going to be the 2nd truly next gen game to be released.
The detail in the city and Ray Tracing does look incredible, especially the screenshots released by Nvidia, but some of the videos showing character details looks a bit last gen and there are many games that look a lot better.

This was never going to touch next gen or PC on PS4, that's hardly a surprise. It should still play fine, after like 12 updates

Maybe it's just me who didn't realise this (because I'm not 100% sold on the game), but.

I've just read this Gamesradar article and...

The "actual" PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game don't arrive until next year.

So you can buy it now and play the PS4/XBO versions, on your next-gen consoles...

Aren't you crazy if you do that? To play the last-gen version, wait for an upgrade and then do it again with slightly better graphics?

Glad I know now...

Maybe it's just me who didn't realise this (because I'm not 100% sold on the game), but.

The "actual" PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game don't arrive until next year.

So you can buy it now and play the PS4/XBO versions, on your next-gen consoles...

Aren't you crazy if you do that? To play the last-gen version, wait for an upgrade and then do it again with slightly better graphics?

Glad I know now...

Spending 100+ hours and then replaying it again to get to see some better textures and reflections... I do wonder how much the game will improve. Would looking at what it looks on a high end pc be what it will be on next gen? Or will they have further improvements (maybe more NPCs).
There are some improvements from next gen consoles running the PS4/XBO versions vs the current gen.. at least there is that.

I'm still not sold on the game either, which sucks bc every time I look at a trailer I'm reminded if it was third person I would be leaning to keeping my preorder

Glad I know now...
I’ll be done by 25% with this games when the ng update is released. Guess that’s good. :D

Spending 100+ hours and then replaying it again to get to see some better textures and reflections... I do wonder how much the game will improve. Would looking at what it looks on a high end pc be what it will be on next gen? Or will they have further improvements (maybe more NPCs).
There are some improvements from next gen consoles running the PS4/XBO versions vs the current gen.. at least there is that.

I'm still not sold on the game either, which sucks bc every time I look at a trailer I'm reminded if it was third person I would be leaning to keeping my preorder

I would expect the next gen version to look nearly identical to the PC version, just won't have the frame rate.

Personally I also think there will be a big difference between the PS5 and PS4 versions, as although compressed videos online, you can clearly see the PS4 videos are no where near the PC videos released.

Rumors has it the main story is 20ish hours long. If that only would be true...

Alexis%2BOhanian%2BReddit%2Bfounder%2Breaction%2Bat%2BSerena.gif

Been watching more videos, in some of them the streets are full of different NPCs, giving a cool look to the city, then next video its incredibly empty (same next gen console). Especially empty when driving. The environment looks incredible as always.... Melee combat looks not so great... and there are a bunch of sex scenes which are really awkward... I guess most of the leakers focused on those scenes

Better not only be 20 hours! Can bash that out in a weekend :( I specifically don't have kids for games like this! ;)

Better having a tight story and a bunch of sidequests than doing the same old missions as mandatory for 200 hours. I cant cope with this new age game design. All these games a chore for me. But i have opened a separate topic for this discussion :D

Gamers can choose not to do side quests if they don't have the time to commit and still get everything they need out of a game and get value for money, on the flip side those of us who have time to spare can't extend the life of a game without side missions :)

Back
Top Bottom