Days Gone PS4/PS5 and PC!

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Maybe I wrote off the PS4 too early!!!!

Days Gone has a really good vibe about it, obviously little details but has a last of us/walking dead kind of dystopic post apocalyptic vibe...

Sony Bend’s PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gets First 1080p Screenshots and Official Info

Following today’s reveal at PlayStation’s E3 press conference, Sony Interactive Entertainemnt released a press kit with the first 1080p screenshots and a few official info on Sony Bend Studio’s newly announced open world action game Days Gone.

Days Gone is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the Pacific Northwest two years after a mysterious global pandemic has decimated the world, killing most but transforming millions into mindless, feral creatures. Survivors live in a world where resources are scarce, violence and murder are common and Freakers roam the wilderness.

Players face this violent, new world as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter, a Drifter who lives in the lawless wilderness outside the civilian encampments. Deacon survives by using skills learned before the world ended, riding for the Mongrels MC, an outlawed motorcycle club, where violence and mayhem were part of the riding the open road.

At the center of it all, Days Gone is an exploration of how any of us would react to these harsh conditions, and exploration of loss, love, friendship, revenge and desperation – learning that surviving isn’t living. For Deacon especially, it’s a struggle to ensure that hope never dies.

Developed by Bend Studio, Days Gone is in development exclusively for the PlayStation 4.

KEY FEATURES

Expansive Open World Action – Exemplifying truly free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play “your way” in the vast high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. The hazardous environments, filled with carved out ridges, mountains, caves, cliffs mines and river basins, deliver a breathtaking backdrop to an equally diverse style of gameplay.

Emergent Gameplay – Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable, Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player’s approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.

Stunning, Dynamic Graphics – Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game’s lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.

Last edited:
AxMelee_1080_1465877558.jpg

Snake2_1465877568.jpg

Snake1_1465877565.jpg

Prepare_1080_1465877564.jpg

PlaneCrash_1080_1465877563.jpg

Overlook_1080_1465877562.jpg

LostLake_1080_1465877561.jpg

Horde_1080_1465877560.jpg

BrokenRoad_1080_1465877559.jpg

Looks great to me, day one! Not a Resi fan personally it never did anything for me, I like stuff like DayZ, The Last of Us, State of Decay etc. Zombie games in an open world not a linear story. :)

Looks amazing. Watching that demo made me very nervous.
Loved the last of us as well so good expectations of this one.

I liked the look of it from day one and haven't seen anything that put me off, just hope it's somewhat open world and not narrow linear paths to force a narrative.

Still cant understand why do they call it "open world" game. How is it open world?
It looks like Last of Us or Uncharted. Everything is scripted and you follow the story like a movie... how is it open world??
Am I missing something here??

Still cant understand why do they call it "open world" game. How is it open world?
It looks like Last of Us or Uncharted. Everything is scripted and you follow the story like a movie... how is it open world??

It is open world because you can go right or left to get in a specific building.. And check out the trash can round the back.

What have you seen that makes you think it is not open world? Looks like any other recent open world game to me, this place could have been ripped straight out of Far Cry 5, apart from the roads muddying up. The trailer above even mentions enemy camps, a mainstay of the open world genre.

Last edited:
What have you seen that makes you think it is not open world? Looks like any other recent open world game to me, this place could have been ripped straight out of Far Cry 5, apart from the roads muddying up. The trailer above even mentions enemy camps, a mainstay of the open world genre.
Every action gameplay from this game that I've seen so far has heavily scripted/directed action sequences, where camera is changing angles and hordes of zombies are trigered by player actions.
It looks like uncharted, where you are merely a participant in "action movie sequences".
I've been following gameplay videos from the start as I really like this type of games.

But the whole "open world" thing looks to me like the "freedom" you had in the Last of Us, where "open world" was just down to you having "freedom" to get from A to B, and you could get there around a house from the left, around the house from the right, or through the house.
Once you get to point B its starting up another action sequence like Uncharted. Open world games dont have such sequences cos there is too many ways you can go.

I hope Im wrong, but if Im right - thats a bit missleading to call it an open world.
RdR2 is an open world, Skyrim is an open world, Last of Us definetely wasnt..

Edit:

If this is an open world then this is the most interactive open world I've ever seen.

Last edited:
That particular mission is obviously a story mission, it's not unusual for those to be heavily scripted in open world games. Hell, I spent a few minutes trying to get a rifle from my saddle in RDR2 but the game wouldn't allow me to do it because Dutch hadn't explicitly told me to get it.
I haven't really seen anything to sell me on this game though. Probably cause zombies bore me as monsters in any medium.

Like I said, pal. I really hope that Im wrong and you're right.
I hope we will have complete freedom in Days Gone.
But from day 1 I was hoping to see a video, that would show me, beyond all doubt, an open world of Days Gone. So far I havent seen one.

Hell, I spent a few minutes trying to get a rifle from my saddle in RDR2 but the game wouldn't allow me to do it because Dutch hadn't explicitly told me to get it.
Dutch is a wanker! :LOL:
I haven't really seen anything to sell me on this game though. Probably cause zombies bore me as monsters in any medium
Im not holding my breath either.
Im a big fan of post apocalyptic games/movies. Doesnt matter if the world is full of zombies, animals, mad-max-wannabies or simply - empty.
Thats why Im so hopeful that there will be a proper open world there, which would allow simple exploration and survival.
If its another action packed Last of Us, I will get it at some point, but wont be spending top dolla on release day.

There are other games that look much more promising, like Last of Us 2, Ghost of Fukishima or Death Stranding.

Like I said, pal. I really hope that Im wrong and you're right.
I hope we will have complete freedom in Days Gone.
But from day 1 I was hoping to see a video, that would show me, beyond all doubt, an open world of Days Gone. So far I havent seen one.
It is open world! It’s clear since the announcement. You can roam around like you want.

It is open world! It’s clear since the announcement. You can roam around like you want.
Nope. It wasnt clear. There were talks about semi-open world, then open world, they couldnt give clear answer. And from all the gameplay trailers ive seen it felt like semi open world. You get to a point whichever way you want but missions looked contained in some spaces like Last of Us. There was way too many scripted cut scenes there for this to be open world. At least that was my feeling about it. I might be wrong, but until its released and until i see people play and roam around im not getting it.
Ps. Not even sure is it out yet..

Nope. It wasnt clear. There were talks about semi-open world, then open world, they couldnt give clear answer. And from all the gameplay trailers ive seen it felt like semi open world. You get to a point whichever way you want but missions looked contained in some spaces like Last of Us. There was way too many scripted cut scenes there for this to be open world. At least that was my feeling about it. I might be wrong, but until its released and until i see people play and roam around im not getting it.
Ps. Not even sure is it out yet..
there will be day/night cycle, there will be weather, stuff scattered around the world for you to collect, enemies or animals will not always be at the same place, zombies are changing locations,
my strong feeling is, i think of it as a real open world. you are the first one i read about who thinks otherwise. but its all good. do that.
i say its open world! :PP if its not, i'll apologize to you and hit myself in the belly a few times! :D

edit: i read a lot of "roaming": http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/guide_days_gone_faq_-_everything_you_need_to_know

free roam gameplay videos:

edit2:
One is our real open world dynamic systems in play, which completely change your experience depending on the time of day and weather.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/22/...-world-full-of-fast-zombies-wolves-and-bears/

even better, read this:
"A 20-hour game that is very linear and it has a bunch of setpieces and it goes from beginning to end. We wanted to try to have that, but have that in an open world."
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...gone-differs-from-other-open-world-games.aspx

i am pretty sure its a real open world (not like TLOU for example)!
have a good day mate!!

Last edited:
Hopefully! I really hope it is. Open World games are so much more enjoyable.
They pushed release date few times and its in development for many years now so maybe they changed the approach.
Its one of those times where I hope that im wrong and i dont even mind hitting myself in the belly afterwards. Its gonna be a pleasant pain. ;)

Not for me this one, never liked zombie games or movies. I always get very nervous whenever i hear them growl.

Anyway, i can imagine this will be a great game for the lovers of this genre.

Eurogamer's review makes it sound exactly as I thought it would end up - i.e. a copy of similar games, but worse, buggy as hell, and with a story so determined to be macho-tough that it ends up being pretty stupid.

Isn't it weird how every console exclusive seems to be crap?

Eurogamer's review makes it sound exactly as I thought it would end up - i.e. a copy of similar games, but worse, buggy as hell, and with a story so determined to be macho-tough that it ends up being pretty stupid.

Isn't it weird how every console exclusive seems to be crap?
what!? crap!?
what about GOW!? Uncharted!? TLOU!? Horizon ZD!? (or on XO: Forza!?)

and reviews from video game mags... come on man! you should know better! ;) but if you do rely on these reviews... eurogamer gave Far Cry New Dawn a "Recommended"! put that in perspective! ;)

nothing personal here, as you know! :)

edit:

Back
Top Bottom