DayZ Standalone

Dickhead. You should try to avoid others. If you have any sharp tool - you can scrape bark of the tree. Together with a short stick you can make hand drill to start a fire.
Yeah ,worst part is that is saw a video on creating hand drill before I started playing ,but having him around i couldn't really do it.
I see all this stuff as necessary practice.
I could hear ,what I think it as bears howling in the woods man ,Jesus!

I've spawned in to a place that sucks now ,swamp with ruins and hardly any houses for miles.
Think I'll let that one has its course (die) and hope for a better respawn next time

One thing that pisses me off is that gears just go missing in my inventory ,when your trying to build up a decent character it's so depleting when it happens.
Today my cleaver disappeared (no i don't throw it away or put it somewhere).
Which means I can't open cans or slaughter a checken for food.

Later on I found a machine gun ,loaded it up ,felt great ,now that's gone too.
Wtf?

One thing that pisses me off is that gears just go missing in my inventory ,when your trying to build up a decent character it's so depleting when it happens.
Today my cleaver disappeared (no i don't throw it away or put it somewhere).
Which means I can't open cans or slaughter a checken for food.

Later on I found a machine gun ,loaded it up ,felt great ,now that's gone too.
Wtf?

Are you playing on PC?
Sometimes server mods or people messing too much with server code without knowing what they are doing will cause shit like this too happen.

Are you playing on PC?
Sometimes server mods or people messing too much with server code without knowing what they are doing will cause shit like this too happen.
Nope , but on a modded Xbox server.
It's frustrating as hell since I really need all my loot to survive.

Not sure if it's happened on a public server before ,i usually die quickly there:)

Thanks buddy

no i don't throw it away or put it somewhere
You do. Without even realising.
I havent had inventory disappearing on me for years now. You do drop them.
For example - when you have a knife in your hand and cut yourself some stick - when you pick take that short stick in your hands, instead of inventory, while still holding a knife - knife will drop on the ground.
Basically - dont take stuff into your hands while holding another item, coz the item you are holding at the time will not go back to your inventory automatically.

Edit: Its especially tricky when you setting up campfire. You have to take fireplace in your hands, take the drill in your hands, place logs. I quite often drop stuff on the ground while doing it, as Im shuffling a lot of items there.
But Im aware that it happens and every time check my vicinity for any items I might have dropped accidentally.

You do. Without even realising.
I havent had inventory disappearing on me for years now. You do drop them.
For example - when you have a knife in your hand and cut yourself some stick - when you pick take that short stick in your hands, instead of inventory, while still holding a knife - knife will drop on the ground.
Basically - dont take stuff into your hands while holding another item, coz the item you are holding at the time will not go back to your inventory automatically.

Edit: Its especially tricky when you setting up campfire. You have to take fireplace in your hands, take the drill in your hands, place logs. I quite often drop stuff on the ground while doing it, as Im shuffling a lot of items there.
But Im aware that it happens and every time check my vicinity for any items I might have dropped accidentally.
Its so weird that I've had dropped my AR type of gun ,I didn't pick anything up ,at least I don't think so.
So the trick is being careful when having it "to hands"?
More or less only when performing and action (shooting etc)?

Its so weird that I've had dropped my AR type of gun ,I didn't pick anything up ,at least I don't think so.
So the trick is being careful when having it "to hands"?
More or less only when performing and action (shooting etc)?
More like whenever you are carrying anything in your hands while looting. Try to put it back to your inventory before you pick anything else up. Until you get used to how the items are transfered from one place to another and when they can drop - its easier not to have anything while picking stuff up.

R1 wheel menu comes in handy, but you need some better quality jackets, or vests to have more slots there.

Most of the time reason for losing items is simple:
- you have something in your hands
- you pick another item to your inventory
- now you have no space in your inventory to store the original item that you are holding in your hands
- next time you try to pick something up - you will drop the item you were holding

Pressing inventory menu is a good habit to have, even when looting. It will show you items in your vicinity (top left corner).
Anything you dropped will be there. Its also handy to spot the loot. In some places, like barns, its difficult to find items. Searching via vicinity is easier.

Im taking a little break now, coz im sick and cant talk. Cant play any games that require talking, thinking, or quick reactions. Will be back when it passes.

More like whenever you are carrying anything in your hands while looting. Try to put it back to your inventory before you pick anything else up. Until you get used to how the items are transfered from one place to another and when they can drop - its easier not to have anything while picking stuff up.

R1 wheel menu comes in handy, but you need some better quality jackets, or vests to have more slots there.

Most of the time reason for losing items is simple:
- you have something in your hands
- you pick another item to your inventory
- now you have no space in your inventory to store the original item that you are holding in your hands
- next time you try to pick something up - you will drop the item you were holding

Pressing inventory menu is a good habit to have, even when looting. It will show you items in your vicinity (top left corner).
Anything you dropped will be there. Its also handy to spot the loot. In some places, like barns, its difficult to find items. Searching via vicinity is easier.

Im taking a little break now, coz im sick and cant talk. Cant play any games that require talking, thinking, or quick reactions. Will be back when it passes.
Thanks for all your advices buddy appreciate them ,all really getting in to this ,learning curve tough as hell (or more controlled)
Get well and see you on zagoria when you get better

Back
Top Bottom