• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Deciding on a new boot. Diffrences between FG and SG?

bradley1886

Premiership
6 August 2004
London
BumperMan said:
i need boots! I perfer Nike. but wanted to know what soft ground or firm ground would mean?
Hard ground is likely to be for astro turf and concrete, soft ground would be studs...i think.

Alien_

League 2
31 July 2003
to put it simply, firm ground is for a dry pitch and soft ground is for a wet pitch

usually firm ground are moulded studs and soft ground are metal studs

wutang_04

Killa Bee.
28 March 2005
Manchester.
get the firm ground mate i was faced with the same choice abt 3 months nd was in xactly sme position as u, i wnt 4 the fg ones cos u can play on all terrain firm or soft, 4 the sg onli gud for soft wet grass/pitch, therefore wen u play on hard frosty or dry pitch then u get blisters cos studs dont pierce the surface nd u dnt get much grip. plus the fg ones r a little longer and there r also more of them for bettr grip relli. Gr8 4 a drag back :)!!

Top Bottom