Defending corners

Aristoi0

Non-League
23 August 2006
Santa Claus delivered WE 10 j-league a few days go, and I just cannot properly defend on corners against CPU. How comes ? It scores half of its goals the same way, and it's badly getting on my nerves.

Does anyone have a piece of advice to prevent the CPU to corner me to death ?

Cheers.

Hi there,
In the earlier WE/PES versions eg. we7 up to about 9 i think.. i would simply press and hold the "triangle" button to have the keeper come out to make a leap or punch the ball out..and he'd do it all the time.. too easy i think..

But they have taken this method out..well not completely, as it works ok if the ball is crossed very close to the goal/keeper.

I find the best method now:
As soon as the cpu has kicked the corner, press "L1" (only once)immediately, this seems to select the defender in the best position to clear/head the ball away. Right after pressing this "L1", keep pressing the "square" button (clear button).. and this defender will almost always get to the ball before the cpu attackers.. to clear the ball with a header or what not. Works well for me :)

oh yes.. i also put my player setting to manual.. not semi manual or automatic. Dont know if this would make a difference, since i dont reckon 'manual' is really that manual.. still too automatic for me when im trying to select the right defender etc.

hope this helps.. let me know how u go :)
cheers,
steve

Thanks a lot for the tip Aussiepesfan, it works pretty well. At least, I no longer feel helpless on those corner situations.

Cheers mate !

in PES6, this works for me...
with a cursored defender nearside inside the goal box... :l1: + :x: + direction that is most reasonable at the time, right when the ball is kicked. keep pressed until contact with the ball.

i am usually able to head it down to my sideback for him to either clear it, or pass it upfield.

i guesstimate that it's 80% efficient, unless the cpu is in 'god-mode'.

btw, i used to always use the :triangle: method in PES5. i find it less reliable in this version.

Last edited:
in PES6, this works for me...
with a cursored defender nearside inside the goal box... :l1: + :x: + direction that is most reasonable at the time, right when the ball is kicked. keep pressed until contact with the ball.

i am usually able to head it down to my sideback for him to either clear it, or pass it up field.

i guesstimate that it's 80% efficient, unless the cpu is in 'god-mode'.

Ahhh good old god mode... I find having a defender on the corner of the six yard box or running out from the goal line works most of the time, try not to get caught running or stepping backwards. There are times when your player will even though you're in the perfect spot with a good jump and timing, let the ball sail past for the striker to head in. In this case swear at the screen question the players parentage and then test the robustness of your joypad... ;)

Back
Top Bottom