• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Delete - Topic out of date

  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #1

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Nice to see Konami finally getting licences sorted out for national teams. Not too bothered myself, but it's always been the issue why so many people choose FIFA over PES/WE. Shame is, Konami were unfortunate enough to put their money on the wrong teams.

Argentina - The team most boasted about by Konami America, dumped out of the quarter finals today by Germany? Are Germany licenced? No, they don't even have real player names and most likely won't in PES6.

England - Biggest selling nation for PES/WE, finally the Three Lions are in PES/WE. To be dumped out by Portugal tomorrow. Portugal aren't licened, plus they're wearing green shorts in WE10 and most likely in PES6.

Italy - Why bother, they have one of the plainest kits in the tournament, plus their badge is their flag anyway, so apart from unseeable dark gold Puma logos this licence makes no difference.

Holland - Plainest kit ever made, would've taken 2 secs in edit mode. And I doubt the Dutch FA would've sued Konami for putting a plain kit in anyway. Knocked out by unlicenced Portugal, like England will be tomorrow.

Spain - Nice kit, shame they were dumped out by France, a big gaming country which isn't happy about having to play in white socks, never mind no official kit.

Sweden - Knocked out by Germany, a pointless licence. Again a team which has it's flag as it's badge anyway.

Australia - WTF who cares? Plain kit either way.

Japan - Always glorified by Konami with high stats despite being shit, ah well suppose the Japanese are happy.

S Korea - I'm pretty sure the Koreans boycott all Japanese products, including their video games, pointless licence of a very plain kit.

Adriano - I think this is the worst, I bet Konami are praying Inter aren't relegated and have no one else to stick on their cover other than this flop.

If I were Konami I'd put quite alot of money into getting teams like France and Germany licenced, they're the 2nd and 3rd biggest games markets in Europe after the UK (England). Most people I know who play PES choose Brazil, hopefully the Adriano sponsorship means they've struck a deal with the Brazilian FA.

PS, this is Beckham's hair colour...

 
Last edited:

Dar

Part Timer
Staff
21 February 2003
Dublin
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Whats how they finish in WC got to do with licensing? At all?

Those nations have been licensed since WE10, long before the WC started, so I dont see the point in being "annoyed" at Konami for licensing them. The European teams licensed are all the major nations, no matter when they get knocked out of the WC. The missing ones are a shame but one of your main gripes is Germany, which if I'm correct also went through a couple of years of being unlicensed in FIFA as well, as they're notorious for image rights (Kahn and Ballack situation anyone?) allowances. France and Portugal would be the other two major licenses which are unfortunate not to have, but I'm sure Konami tried.
The Australia license makes perfect sense as the game has a huge following in that region and I bet it wasn't too difficult for Konami to actually acquire that license.

I think it's you mate who's dropped a bollock, you dont decide to license a team based on how intricate and detailed their kit is. :roll:
 

nazzo

League 1
1 August 2003
Kuwait
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Why are you so pesimistic about England Tomorrow?

They can beat Portugal.

I think its a 50/50 chance like Germany vs. Argentina.
 

Dar

Part Timer
Staff
21 February 2003
Dublin
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

nazzo said:
Why are you so pesimistic about England Tomorrow?

They can beat Portugal.

I think its a 50/50 chance like Germany vs. Argentina.

Lets try and stay on topic for a little longer nazzo, thanks. ;)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #5

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Since when did Italy play in navy blue?



Atleast EA got it right.

 

Boset1

Non-League
6 April 2005
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

for real

looks nasty

and anyways the more kits the better
 

lazylen

Conference
14 October 2004
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Yeah the more licensed kits the better... every year we get more licensed kits and im happy about it... see it like this the more licensed kits the less kits we have to edit....

and look at that Fifa crappy screen... EA needs to look closer at the human body because their view of it is quite horrible... look at some other FIFA screenies and you will see that all the players have massive shoulders... on Crouch that looks pretty funny...and then i even havent talked about the facial expressions of FIFA..man they are horrible.. well to make a long story a very short one... real football fans buy PES because of the gameplay. football noobs buy FIFA because of the graphics that supposed to be better.
so we dont need all licenses for the teams as long as our gameplay keeps ruling over FIFA and those licenses will come over the years.. so i can say that im staying with PES for life
 

Nisse100

SM-guld 2007
13 June 2006
Sweden
Hammarby and Arsenal
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

PES is also nicer to play, it is way more realistic than FIFA.
 
P

po1zoN

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Stupid post. The more licenses the better, even if the teams aren't the best in the world or the kits are plain (what an awful point that is) it makes the game feel a little more realistic rather than having edited kits.

As for that FIFA picture, ahahaha.
 
J

:: JJ ::

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

LOL those F*FA player models look as if they've been made out of plasticine :lol:
 

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Great, so that's green shorts Portugal, white socks France, navy blue Italy and Lemnah's Germany into the semi-finals.

Oh how Konami are regretting signing Adriano now, I bet most of the UK don't even recognise him!
 
Last edited:

mrblick

League 2
24 October 2005
Arsenal
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

are there any more licences in PES 6 than WE 10 or are they still trying to market the same game as 2 seperate products?

and looking at the PES screen and the FIFA one - look at the quality of the grass - PES - lifelike

FIFA looks like conrete painted green :lol:
 

AgentSmithMatrix

League 1
14 July 2004
Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

This topic sucks! I don't even wanna explain why because it's that stupid. I can't stop laughing.
 
7 August 2004
Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

This topic sucks! I don't even wanna explain why because it's that stupid. I can't stop laughing.
i think its on par with nokamis choice to replace teams instead of add them. Otherwise known as: "F^%$ing ridiculous!"
 

ash

DeMinistrator
21 March 2004
London
Man Utd
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

NickSCFC, say all the teams that are lisenced got to semis, then you wouldn't be saying it. What, would you want Konami to wait till after WC to see who to get lisences for? WE10 would have come out in August then.
 

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Good, and on the subject of WE10, isn't it about time they put the J-League in there?
 

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

mrblick said:
are there any more licences in PES 6 than WE 10 or are they still trying to market the same game as 2 seperate products?

and looking at the PES screen and the FIFA one - look at the quality of the grass - PES - lifelike

FIFA looks like conrete painted green :lol:
Some American guy from Konami claimed PES6 would have more Premier League teams licenced, from the rest of the interview he didn't seem to have a fucking clue what he was on about ;)
 
L

limeyboy14

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Those Italy kits look fine to me. I think any extra licenses are a bonus to the game. Hopefully, next year even more teams will be licensed, and national team editing will be a thing of the past.

And what are you guys talking about with the Fifa screenshot? It looks fine, just because it's not as good as PES doesn't mean that you have to make petty comments about a screenshot which looks pretty nice.
 

timsmith10000

LEICESTER CITY!
18 August 2003
Leicester
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

But it doesn't look 'pretty nice' it look down right ridiculous!

Is it from a new Wallace and Gromit film?
 
D

djdoc

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Septic Peggg!!!!

DJ
 

Randy91

Non-League
19 May 2006
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

you are completely wrong. italy's kit is the only puma logo to not be plain, and you say it's plain...
 

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

I hope Konami keep the official World Cup ball and referee kits from WE10 for PES6.
 
7 August 2004
Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

On the licensing issue, will the arse be playing in their new stadium? Surely nokami will have to update that? Or will they, werent bayern an official team in we10? Yet they now have no stadium to play in as the olympic has been "removed" and the new one not been made. Guess arsenal will just end up having to play at anfield or something as stupid.
 

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

I rarely play Internationals, except during World Cups and the Euros, when i get the bug. Fav team - Costa Rica :)

I'd rather they license club teams first. But the int'l kits do look nice. The official fonts add a lot i reckon.
 
Last edited:
D

djdoc

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

You would have thought Konami would sort out the stadium situation. Im pretty sure they will, Old Trafford needs an update too with the corner bits now being filled in to increase the capacity to over 70,000.

DJ
 

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Emirates Stadium and Allianz Arena should be in there.
 
E

ELPiCO

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

NickSCFC said:
Nice to see Konami finally getting licences sorted out for national teams. Not too bothered myself, but it's always been the issue why so many people choose FIFA over PES/WE. Shame is, Konami were unfortunate enough to put their money on the wrong teams.

Argentina - The team most boasted about by Konami America, dumped out of the quarter finals today by Germany? Are Germany licenced? No, they don't even have real player names and most likely won't in PES6.

England - Biggest selling nation for PES/WE, finally the Three Lions are in PES/WE. To be dumped out by Portugal tomorrow. Portugal aren't licened, plus they're wearing green shorts in WE10 and most likely in PES6.

Italy - Why bother, they have one of the plainest kits in the tournament, plus their badge is their flag anyway, so apart from unseeable dark gold Puma logos this licence makes no difference.

Holland - Plainest kit ever made, would've taken 2 secs in edit mode. And I doubt the Dutch FA would've sued Konami for putting a plain kit in anyway. Knocked out by unlicenced Portugal, like England will be tomorrow.

Spain - Nice kit, shame they were dumped out by France, a big gaming country which isn't happy about having to play in white socks, never mind no official kit.

Sweden - Knocked out by Germany, a pointless licence. Again a team which has it's flag as it's badge anyway.

Australia - WTF who cares? Plain kit either way.

Japan - Always glorified by Konami with high stats despite being shit, ah well suppose the Japanese are happy.

S Korea - I'm pretty sure the Koreans boycott all Japanese products, including their video games, pointless licence of a very plain kit.

Adriano - I think this is the worst, I bet Konami are praying Inter aren't relegated and have no one else to stick on their cover other than this flop.

If I were Konami I'd put quite alot of money into getting teams like France and Germany licenced, they're the 2nd and 3rd biggest games markets in Europe after the UK (England). Most people I know who play PES choose Brazil, hopefully the Adriano sponsorship means they've struck a deal with the Brazilian FA.

PS, this is Beckham's hair colour...

Its quicker for me to just say that your a Prick then sitting here pointing out the many reasons why you are :applause:
 
P

popae23

Guest
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

ELPiCO said:
Its quicker for me to just say that your a Prick then sitting here pointing out the many reasons why you are :applause:
Jajajajajajajaja, agree. :applause: Jajajaja. Well, according to his criteria, most kits next season will be unlicensed, due to Nike's retro tendency. Yeah, who wants big teams, if we can have nice kits...

NickSCFC said:
Italy - Why bother, they have one of the plainest kits in the tournament, plus their badge is their flag anyway, so apart from unseeable dark gold Puma logos this licence makes no difference.
As ElPico, I won't give reasons why this is dumb.
 
Top Bottom