Delete - Topic out of date

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Nice to see Konami finally getting licences sorted out for national teams. Not too bothered myself, but it's always been the issue why so many people choose FIFA over PES/WE. Shame is, Konami were unfortunate enough to put their money on the wrong teams.

Argentina - The team most boasted about by Konami America, dumped out of the quarter finals today by Germany? Are Germany licenced? No, they don't even have real player names and most likely won't in PES6.

England - Biggest selling nation for PES/WE, finally the Three Lions are in PES/WE. To be dumped out by Portugal tomorrow. Portugal aren't licened, plus they're wearing green shorts in WE10 and most likely in PES6.

Italy - Why bother, they have one of the plainest kits in the tournament, plus their badge is their flag anyway, so apart from unseeable dark gold Puma logos this licence makes no difference.

Holland - Plainest kit ever made, would've taken 2 secs in edit mode. And I doubt the Dutch FA would've sued Konami for putting a plain kit in anyway. Knocked out by unlicenced Portugal, like England will be tomorrow.

Spain - Nice kit, shame they were dumped out by France, a big gaming country which isn't happy about having to play in white socks, never mind no official kit.

Sweden - Knocked out by Germany, a pointless licence. Again a team which has it's flag as it's badge anyway.

Australia - WTF who cares? Plain kit either way.

Japan - Always glorified by Konami with high stats despite being shit, ah well suppose the Japanese are happy.

S Korea - I'm pretty sure the Koreans boycott all Japanese products, including their video games, pointless licence of a very plain kit.

Adriano - I think this is the worst, I bet Konami are praying Inter aren't relegated and have no one else to stick on their cover other than this flop.

If I were Konami I'd put quite alot of money into getting teams like France and Germany licenced, they're the 2nd and 3rd biggest games markets in Europe after the UK (England). Most people I know who play PES choose Brazil, hopefully the Adriano sponsorship means they've struck a deal with the Brazilian FA.

PS, this is Beckham's hair colour...

PH2006062500315.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Konami have dropped a bollock with their licencing and kits!

Whats how they finish in WC got to do with licensing? At all?

Those nations have been licensed since WE10, long before the WC started, so I dont see the point in being "annoyed" at Konami for licensing them. The European teams licensed are all the major nations, no matter when they get knocked out of the WC. The missing ones are a shame but one of your main gripes is Germany, which if I'm correct also went through a couple of years of being unlicensed in FIFA as well, as they're notorious for image rights (Kahn and Ballack situation anyone?) allowances. France and Portugal would be the other two major licenses which are unfortunate not to have, but I'm sure Konami tried.
The Australia license makes perfect sense as the game has a huge following in that region and I bet it wasn't too difficult for Konami to actually acquire that license.

I think it's you mate who's dropped a bollock, you dont decide to license a team based on how intricate and detailed their kit is. :roll:

Why are you so pesimistic about England Tomorrow?

They can beat Portugal.

I think its a 50/50 chance like Germany vs. Argentina.

nazzo said:
Why are you so pesimistic about England Tomorrow?

They can beat Portugal.

I think its a 50/50 chance like Germany vs. Argentina.

Lets try and stay on topic for a little longer nazzo, thanks. ;)

Since when did Italy play in navy blue?

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2007-20060509072525638.jpg

Atleast EA got it right.

932164_20060324_screen006.jpg

for real

looks nasty

and anyways the more kits the better

Yeah the more licensed kits the better... every year we get more licensed kits and im happy about it... see it like this the more licensed kits the less kits we have to edit....

and look at that Fifa crappy screen... EA needs to look closer at the human body because their view of it is quite horrible... look at some other FIFA screenies and you will see that all the players have massive shoulders... on Crouch that looks pretty funny...and then i even havent talked about the facial expressions of FIFA..man they are horrible.. well to make a long story a very short one... real football fans buy PES because of the gameplay. football noobs buy FIFA because of the graphics that supposed to be better.
so we dont need all licenses for the teams as long as our gameplay keeps ruling over FIFA and those licenses will come over the years.. so i can say that im staying with PES for life

PES is also nicer to play, it is way more realistic than FIFA.

Stupid post. The more licenses the better, even if the teams aren't the best in the world or the kits are plain (what an awful point that is) it makes the game feel a little more realistic rather than having edited kits.

As for that FIFA picture, ahahaha.

LOL those F*FA player models look as if they've been made out of plasticine :lol:

Great, so that's green shorts Portugal, white socks France, navy blue Italy and Lemnah's Germany into the semi-finals.

Oh how Konami are regretting signing Adriano now, I bet most of the UK don't even recognise him!

Last edited:

are there any more licences in PES 6 than WE 10 or are they still trying to market the same game as 2 seperate products?

and looking at the PES screen and the FIFA one - look at the quality of the grass - PES - lifelike

FIFA looks like conrete painted green :lol:

This topic sucks! I don't even wanna explain why because it's that stupid. I can't stop laughing.

This topic sucks! I don't even wanna explain why because it's that stupid. I can't stop laughing.

i think its on par with nokamis choice to replace teams instead of add them. Otherwise known as: "F^%$ing ridiculous!"

NickSCFC, say all the teams that are lisenced got to semis, then you wouldn't be saying it. What, would you want Konami to wait till after WC to see who to get lisences for? WE10 would have come out in August then.

Good, and on the subject of WE10, isn't it about time they put the J-League in there?

mrblick said:
are there any more licences in PES 6 than WE 10 or are they still trying to market the same game as 2 seperate products?

and looking at the PES screen and the FIFA one - look at the quality of the grass - PES - lifelike

FIFA looks like conrete painted green :lol:
Some American guy from Konami claimed PES6 would have more Premier League teams licenced, from the rest of the interview he didn't seem to have a fucking clue what he was on about ;)

Those Italy kits look fine to me. I think any extra licenses are a bonus to the game. Hopefully, next year even more teams will be licensed, and national team editing will be a thing of the past.

And what are you guys talking about with the Fifa screenshot? It looks fine, just because it's not as good as PES doesn't mean that you have to make petty comments about a screenshot which looks pretty nice.

But it doesn't look 'pretty nice' it look down right ridiculous!

Is it from a new Wallace and Gromit film?

Septic Peggg!!!!

DJ

you are completely wrong. italy's kit is the only puma logo to not be plain, and you say it's plain...

I hope Konami keep the official World Cup ball and referee kits from WE10 for PES6.

On the licensing issue, will the arse be playing in their new stadium? Surely nokami will have to update that? Or will they, werent bayern an official team in we10? Yet they now have no stadium to play in as the olympic has been "removed" and the new one not been made. Guess arsenal will just end up having to play at anfield or something as stupid.

I rarely play Internationals, except during World Cups and the Euros, when i get the bug. Fav team - Costa Rica :)

I'd rather they license club teams first. But the int'l kits do look nice. The official fonts add a lot i reckon.

Last edited:

You would have thought Konami would sort out the stadium situation. Im pretty sure they will, Old Trafford needs an update too with the corner bits now being filled in to increase the capacity to over 70,000.

DJ

NickSCFC said:
Nice to see Konami finally getting licences sorted out for national teams. Not too bothered myself, but it's always been the issue why so many people choose FIFA over PES/WE. Shame is, Konami were unfortunate enough to put their money on the wrong teams.

Argentina - The team most boasted about by Konami America, dumped out of the quarter finals today by Germany? Are Germany licenced? No, they don't even have real player names and most likely won't in PES6.

England - Biggest selling nation for PES/WE, finally the Three Lions are in PES/WE. To be dumped out by Portugal tomorrow. Portugal aren't licened, plus they're wearing green shorts in WE10 and most likely in PES6.

Italy - Why bother, they have one of the plainest kits in the tournament, plus their badge is their flag anyway, so apart from unseeable dark gold Puma logos this licence makes no difference.

Holland - Plainest kit ever made, would've taken 2 secs in edit mode. And I doubt the Dutch FA would've sued Konami for putting a plain kit in anyway. Knocked out by unlicenced Portugal, like England will be tomorrow.

Spain - Nice kit, shame they were dumped out by France, a big gaming country which isn't happy about having to play in white socks, never mind no official kit.

Sweden - Knocked out by Germany, a pointless licence. Again a team which has it's flag as it's badge anyway.

Australia - WTF who cares? Plain kit either way.

Japan - Always glorified by Konami with high stats despite being shit, ah well suppose the Japanese are happy.

S Korea - I'm pretty sure the Koreans boycott all Japanese products, including their video games, pointless licence of a very plain kit.

Adriano - I think this is the worst, I bet Konami are praying Inter aren't relegated and have no one else to stick on their cover other than this flop.

If I were Konami I'd put quite alot of money into getting teams like France and Germany licenced, they're the 2nd and 3rd biggest games markets in Europe after the UK (England). Most people I know who play PES choose Brazil, hopefully the Adriano sponsorship means they've struck a deal with the Brazilian FA.

PS, this is Beckham's hair colour...

PH2006062500315.jpg

Its quicker for me to just say that your a Prick then sitting here pointing out the many reasons why you are :applause:

ELPiCO said:
Its quicker for me to just say that your a Prick then sitting here pointing out the many reasons why you are :applause:

Jajajajajajajaja, agree. :applause: Jajajaja. Well, according to his criteria, most kits next season will be unlicensed, due to Nike's retro tendency. Yeah, who wants big teams, if we can have nice kits...

NickSCFC said:

As ElPico, I won't give reasons why this is dumb.

Back
Top Bottom