Diego Forlan incident

total

International
10 December 2005
Slovenia
Arsenal/OGC Nice
Did anyone watch Maribor - Villareal Intertoto cup match? If you didn't you probably don't know what happened.

In the last 10 or so minutes 3 red cards were given to 3 Villareal players. Tacchinardi was out first with the 2nd yellow (nasty start on Maribor player). The 2nd red card (G. Rodriguez) still remains a secret as there were no replays on the match (technical issues). The 3rd was Diego Forlan who slapped Pregelj 2 times. But what he did after he got his 2nd yellow was really inappropriate...he slapped the same player again right infront of the ref. Surely UEFA won't ignore this and punish him.

Here's the vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-FixblAqE

I'll make a small comp of all the small fights in the last 10 minutes and upload it in the afternoon.

haahh, the player got slapped was like a badly behaved kid :D

what i dont understand is, the ref gave red card for the 3rd slap or forlan was going to recieve red anyways since he got yellow ?

The ref was in the process of delivering the red when Forlan completed that awesome final slap/face shove. On the replays you can see what impeccable timing it takes to connect with that, given that the ref is waving his arms between the two. Forlan seriously needs to consider professional bitch-fighting, as he has badass hand coordination.

Total wannabe rudeboy though, he kicked the ball out of play just to start a bich fight.

How did Nihat play?? And congrats to Kayserispor making it into too UEFA compitition its the 1st time in there entire history and they've only been in the Turkish Super League for 1 season.

Sedat said:
How did Nihat play?? And congrats to Kayserispor making it into too UEFA compitition its the 1st time in there entire history and they've only been in the Turkish Super League for 1 season.

Nihat wasn't anything special apart from his goal in my opinion. He schould've get the 4th red, though.

Here are all the last 10 minutes incidents: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X1xayyAyXK0

That sums Forlan up for me really. Pish, huffy could not hit a barn door from a metre and still has that same girly haircut

total said:
I have a eeling that Diego will walk away with no punishemt.

I'm sure UEFA will come down on him, at least a three match ban. For what he done thats exactly what he deserves.

Forlan still didn't get punished. He played a friendly against Espanyol today.

total said:
Forlan still didn't get punished. He played a friendly against Espanyol today.

Can UEFA even suspend him from friendlies? I would think they could only suspend him from future UEFA Cup / Champions League games.

I don't know if a match ban counts for a friendly or not. But I also haven't heard or read anything about his punishment.

Back
Top Bottom