differences WE9 / PES5

dnavajoc said:
Considering all the posts here, I imagine that the "no crowd" bug on Normal, Far, Wide cameras is not fixed, is it?

Also, do we still play games with almost empty venues between ManUxGunners in ML?

How many times does this have to be said, it's not a bug, if its a toss up between having a crowd with slowdown, or not have a crowd but having no slowdown i pretty sure we'd all take the latter.

If it is a bug, im pretty sure they would have noticed and fixed it ;)

On memorial match, do u need an extra memory card to store data or not? I hope not

Sudden strike12 said:
How many times does this have to be said, it's not a bug, if its a toss up between having a crowd with slowdown, or not have a crowd but having no slowdown i pretty sure we'd all take the latter.

If it is a bug, im pretty sure they would have noticed and fixed it ;)

Its only minor but i heard its in the xbox version which is weird!

Enjoy PES5 more than WE9 tho

Have any stats been updated from WE9 to PES5? I personally think terry's defence should be improved for pes5

There probably has a few. But does it really matter?? whoever's stats you want to increase or decrease you can easily do in-game or via option file editor when it's out.

Is it true that they've fixed the super cancel on PES5? The super cancel on WE9 sucked @ss. This and the fewer # of fouls might make me get PES5, specially the super cancel fix.

Yeah there is about 10 i think. Not sure but somewhere around there.

R. Oliveira
Julio Baptista
Robinho
Marquez
etc. etc.

and some faces are new improved ones like Owen!

zurdo82 said:
Is it true that they've fixed the super cancel on PES5? The super cancel on WE9 sucked @ss. This and the fewer # of fouls might make me get PES5, specially the super cancel fix.

i do have to admit since ive been playing the beta version i have found myself using super cancel a lot more with good results.
i think they may have tweaked it a bit

This may sound weird but I would have thought there would be minimal or in fact NO changes to gameplay from the beta version most of us had to full version but now that I've played it somehow gameplay feels different to me.

It seems different in same way that We9 to PES5 seemed different which is very weird because yesterday I was playing with beta PES5 and today with original and I still think there's probably no tweaks to gameplay anyways lol yet it feels a bit different for me.

I've played PES5 and it's OK, but just too tight. Meaning most of the gameplay is focusing on tackling. Whereas WE9 focus on the ball and what ya gotta do with it to get it in the goal. translation we9 feels too real

For me WE9 and PES5 have almost no difference.
Many people have said that PES5 is faster but I really can't see a major difference. They say dribbling is easier on PES5 but I still find it about the same as WE9. The only thing that has been changed IMO is the amount of fouls awarded which are a bit fewer on PES5.
Other than that it just feels exactly the same as WE9.
BTW I'm playing on 60hz. I agree that on 50hz PES5 IS indeed faster than 60hz and consequently WE9. Finally, I think that the 60hz mode on PES5 has more slowdown than WE9...
Does anybody agree? Why would that be?
Cheers! :)

Why do I still have the same amount of slowdown on PES5, as I did on PES4? Wasn't the crowd thing supposed to fix this..

i also played the beta and now i have the retail version and i think the gameplay is now at the right speed (60hz)...when playing the beta it was way to fast and unrealistic compared to WE9...now it seems it's been fixed and i'm estatic...great stuff! Also i agree with the post above there does seem to be the occasional slow down on PES5....strange!

Aris Thessaloniki said:
For me WE9 and PES5 have almost no difference.
Many people have said that PES5 is faster but I really can't see a major difference. They say dribbling is easier on PES5 but I still find it about the same as WE9. The only thing that has been changed IMO is the amount of fouls awarded which are a bit fewer on PES5.
Other than that it just feels exactly the same as WE9.
BTW I'm playing on 60hz. I agree that on 50hz PES5 IS indeed faster than 60hz and consequently WE9. Finally, I think that the 60hz mode on PES5 has more slowdown than WE9...
Does anybody agree? Why would that be?
Cheers! :)
Yes I agree with you.

Personally I don't even listen to all the comments here after every version release about its too hard or easy to dribble/shoot as we have some people ALWAYS saying its either too easy or too hard to now dribble or shoot after every single release and I NEVER had any trouble about either of these 2 things and thought it was way it should be in all versions since I started playing this game.

So having ignored those, I DO listen to people who talk about speed/pace of game however but I agree with you Aris, I said this before and I'll say it again. I do find PES5 is a bit faster than WE9 perhaps but not fast enough to bother me or make it unrealistic or pinball like or any other stuff that I find people say. Nonetheless everyone is entitled to their opinion and I hope we each finally decide which game gives us or will give max satisfaction from playing in long-run and stick with that.

Also I haven't experienced any slowdowns on WE9 or PES5 so i can't comment on that and yeah I also play on 60hz because of NTSC system obviously so if it is indeed too fast on 50hz on PES5.. i wouldn't know about that since I never tried it.

Does anyone else find that teams seem to camp out their defence in their own area, if you're playing on 5*? It seems almost impossible to get a 1 on 1..and instead you have to resort to long rangers..

I really dont get this, while PES5 owns PES4, WE9 feels much better and harder, on PES5 so far I am beating teams on 5* with ease and I have only had the game for 2 days. Also the pace of PES5 is faster than WE9, how people can say it is not is beyond me.

Disqo said:
I really dont get this, while PES5 owns PES4, WE9 feels much better and harder, on PES5 so far I am beating teams on 5* with ease and I have only had the game for 2 days. Also the pace of PES5 is faster than WE9, how people can say it is not is beyond me.

You are completely right, I found it tough to score on 3 star against teams in WE9. I used to practice against Chelsea. I have found I can beat Chelsea by 3 or 4 goals in PES5 on 5 star because they sit so high up the pitch, all you have to do is use GARY NEVILLE! and do a high through ball over Del Horno when the dot is flashing, run in with Ronaldo on wing, cross to Van Nistelrooy and it's nearly always a goal. If I play Liverpool when they play 4-5-1 it is much harder to score.

I checked the Chelsea formations all the arrows, and strategy and they are identical from PES5 to WE9 but the players seem to sit higher up to pitch. Strange. Anyway think I'll stick to WE9, PES5 is just not enjoyable when it is too easy to score, I have always found it difficult enough to score it PES games but this is too easy.

Just my opinion, thanks.

I don't understand why you peoples are getting mad about this eternal fight between pees and we9...

I ve tryed them and my opinion is that they are the same game with only a difference..

If you own a adsl connection we9 is better cause of the large number of patches around the world that makes it become fantastic;

If you don't own a adsl connection (like me) pes5 is better because it has new kits (fantastic!) and teams in each competition...

Maybe I am wrong but i've had an impression...

don't you think that pes 5 is much clear than we9?? I mean less aliasing..
(look at delle alpi stadium for ex. ...)

sotty 4 bad english... bye !

Didn't WE9 have the players stamina bar under their name during play? It's not there on PES5, seems an odd thing to take out. Unless i'm just imagining the whole thing...

No it was there in WE9 and it's there in PES5 as well. You just have to pause match, go to screen mode and click it "ON".

i had the Beta version of pes5, and bought the retail yesterday. Noticed right away they have fixed the L1+Triangle. Its no longer overpowered. And noticed the speed felt like we9, a tiny bit slower. The refs seems to like the play ahead rule ALOT more, which finally makes games flow.

Tykjen said:
i had the Beta version of pes5, and bought the retail yesterday. Noticed right away they have fixed the L1+Triangle. Its no longer overpowered. And noticed the speed felt like we9, a tiny bit slower. The refs seems to like the play ahead rule ALOT more, which finally makes games flow.

that's good to know :)

cuz i'm still freakin' waitin' on mine:x

Hmm WE is always faster! players have better reflexes..when you are used to WE than PES is more difficult and when you play PES than WE is more difficult (the timing is different)

I have been playing PES5 for several days now and i can honestly say that I think WE9 is better. WE9 just feels tighter in control and more balanced overall. I find with PES5 that I am constantly running hard at the ball with my finger on R1, crashing into players and generally playing it the same way I played PES4.

The control of players in both defence and offence just feels "sloppier" compared to WE9. I'm really disapointed about this, but I think I'm going to revert back to WE9... (damn. time to pull out the swap magic disk again).

WE9 is far bettter , agree with most of the points that are made about it. Dont get me wrong PES5 is still miles better than FIFA but it just plays too arcady. I play PES5 online and whenever its a mates night its WE9 patched all the way.

Back
Top Bottom