Divx/Xvid to DVD?

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Does anyone know the best program to convert Divx/Xvid to DVD?

Im after quality so dont care how long it takes can anyone help?

Use TMPGenc. Guide here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm
At the bottom right, press that to go onto the next step, jsut fast forward to the TMPGenc part I would say.

Pretty easy and you can choose the quality of video and audio etc.
Just ignore some parts of it like subtitles, unless you want it. After you created your file, use TMPGecn DVD Author, author the DVD with chapters, emnus and whatever, and then its easy.

Cheers ill give it a go

BTW have u heard of Diko?

it use CCE which is apparently the best encoder for quality about

This leave a question in air, What is the most better brand of DVD-player with Divx/xdiv support ???

Another question MPEG-4 is the samething of DivX ???

Last edited:
the only problem being Money and i need a DTS decoder built in and Component video Outputs.

This is the specs that my current is DD/DTS output, DD decoder with 5.1-ch line outs, Component video output.

So if theres a cheap divx player with them 2 things on it MJ i will buy one

WinAVI is crap...
Is your current DVD Player and All In One?
Or do you output the audio to an amp?

ashmufc said:
WinAVI is crap...
Is your current DVD Player and All In One?
Or do you output the audio to an amp?

Its an all in one

so i need an all in one DVD player

Divx/Xvid video is 2 channel usually.

So whats your setup, tell me the model number, then I can help :)

My setup is a technics stereo with 5.1 output plugged into my DVD player with a DD decoder. And ill be watching through a projector thats about 100" or so

oh yeah thats another question will the quality still be as good on a big screen?

and what model number do u mean?

i dont wanna buy a divx/xvid player if the quality is gonna be VCD quality

do a search for divxtoDVD on edonkey, this program converts 2 hours or so of footage from DIVX/XVID/MPG straight to DVD VOB formats in about 3 hours on my 1.4 athlon.

output quality is as good as the source files.

Converting DivX files to DVD will not give as good a picture buying a DivX Player.

So you connect your Technics to the DVD Player, via Co-Axial or Optical?

no all i connect to the DVD is the 5 speakers from the stereo with audio leads

and from the DVD to my PJ by component

Another question, How do i add a menu if i put 5 or 6 xvids/divx on a DVD?

I got my player today and i have to say im well chuffed with it

thanks MJ for recommending a divx/xvid DVD player to me

I cant believe the quality of it tbh if i walked in on someone watching a film i would think its a DVD, the only fault i have found is some films i have tested go out of sync if u fast forward but i wont be FF'ing anyway

Thank Ashmufc for ur help as well i will be needing it again in this thread pretty soon more than likely

Full films

I have another little problem but it may turn into a big problem

1 film freezes and goes out of sync part way into it. The problem is that it works ok on the PC so how can i tell beforehand if the file is going to be ok without burning each file to DVD to test it.

I dont wanna be burning 6 films to DVD only to find one of em is fooked meaning my compilation is fooked as well

Last edited:
you can always use Nero Vision Express, it's not very flexible but it gets the job done. Only thing I don't like is that fact that you can't put subs in it. :\

MrCoopz said:
I got my player today and i have to say im well chuffed with it

thanks MJ for recommending a divx/xvid DVD player to me

I cant believe the quality of it tbh if i walked in on someone watching a film i would think its a DVD, the only fault i have found is some films i have tested go out of sync if u fast forward but i wont be FF'ing anyway

Thank Ashmufc for ur help as well i will be needing it again in this thread pretty soon more than likely

daz, check for firmware updates for your divx player and if you're lucky you might even find some modded firmwares which tend to be better.

mine used to go out of sync when i fast-forwarded through part of a movie, but a firware upgrade sorted it, as well as allowing unlimited characters on the menu screen and a few other goodies that weren't there originally.

also, your previous query about the menu - mine opens up a file browser automatically when i insert a dvd so i can see the name of all the files on there - maybe there is an option in your setup...

i still need help with the sync problems

it only goes out of sync because the film skips if that helps at all

is there anyway i can test the files on my PC beforehand???

MrCoopz said:
i still need help with the sync problems

it only goes out of sync because the film skips if that helps at all

is there anyway i can test the files on my PC beforehand???
I have this problem too. I'm not too sure if the video skips during play or are the audio and video simply not in sync.

i would suggest people stay away from the Umax players if they dont have firmware upgrade availble for them

i have found out by trial and error that the Umax/Yamada/Chili players dont like VBR (Variable bit rate) when it comes to sound, they play CBR (Constant bit rate) Ok but very little Divx/Xvids are CBR and its a long process to convert it

so stay away :)

i'm glad to see you finally got it sorted, daz.

did you get your money back on the umax player?

MrCoopz said:
Ive Just Bought a new DVD player

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/78288/art/h-b/dvd-divx-player-dx-3255.html

i have to say its 100x better than the Umax 1 and so far touch wood its played everything i have thrown at it

the only downside is u have to check the file for packed bitstream before u burn it but that takes 30 seconds so aint a problem

i would highly reccomend this player :)
Do you know how to convert packed bitstream to unpacked, only takes 2 or so minutes. If you don't tell me.

Back
Top Bottom