Do Konami have researchers?

KJK1LL3R

League 2
1 April 2005
Do Konami have guys who actually research websites and forums such as this in an attempt to improve their games? I sure hope so because IMO PES6 is a disgrace. I would rather have WE8: Liveware Evolution which I feel was the best PES/WE game. I liked the defensive style of PES5 also I hate the fact that this new attacking style has been adopted to an all too easy level. I would hate to think that Konami do not realise that a significant amount of people are extremely angry and let down with WE10/PES6!

I've written to Konami on several occasions, and never received a single reply. EA are known to have a team who monitor their forums and their fansites for general suggestions (although they also seem to concentrate on the posts that say "hair that moves" and "the sun was the wrong colour"), but there's no evidence that Konami have a team like this.

Especially not for us Europeans - as has been said before, Konami care about the game selling well in Japan. Any sales in Europe (which were recently stronger than sales of FIFA - down with brand loyalty!) are a nice bonus. (Seabass has said he "tweaked" the European PES for 360, but there doesn't seem to be anything of value)

Seabass has complained that he doesnt have enough staff to create the game he wants.
But then he releases 10 version of the same game at different times of the year some slightly different on various hardware.

Anyone who can come up with a solution for this i give the genius award.

I'm pretty sure i read at the Konami site 1 or 2 years ago that they do not want game suggestions sent to them to minimize the risk of people wanting "compensation" for ideas they might actually use. I found that out when i was looking for an email adress to them to do just that (make some suggestions there is).

It says on their website (konamis) that ideas and suggestions for their games are not looked at unless they've announced otherwise on their website.

They do indeed have a team of researchers. Here's a photograph of the team on their way to work:

muppets.jpg

I bet they never get a single reply from the emails they send out every month... :roll:

I've just added my three biggest wants (online leagues, lower leagues, improved ML). I'm betting that "hair that moves" continues getting the most votes.

Last edited:
Just read the list of PESFan suggestions. Christ, I hope Konami never see it as if they use it as a guide as to the things people want to see as "improvements" to the game, it'll be the same old dross for the next 50 years.

Better commentary, new tricks, scenarios, moving hair...who f*ing cares? Unfortunately, quite a lot of people, it would seem.

Not even a mention for a radical overhaul of the core AI and physics model, which is in dire need of attention. I actually find myself looking to EA as the more likely to meet my future footy gaming needs. At least they attempt to improve the core gameplay and know how to write a decent career mode.

Back
Top Bottom