Doctor Who?

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
As we in the UK all know the new series started last weekend with Chris Eccleston as the new Doc. I thought it was a good opener which introduced us to the new Doc and his sidekick, the big toothed Billie Piper.

We know that there are going to be 13 episodes for this series and that the Beeb have commissioned another series, some people are dubbing it series 2 but that cant be right surely?

However once this series has finished we will again be seeing another actor take over as Mr Eccleston doesnt want to be typecast as "Doctor Who" for the rest of his career.

It will be interesting to see if the current series can hold onto the viewers it got during episode 1 or whether it will fall away.

Anyone who saw it got any comments and who would you like to see as the new Doc? David Ternant who is currently `doing` Casanova for the BBC is tipped to follow in Ecclestons shoes but who knows anything for sure

I didn't see it but it did get rave reviews from the guys at work. I can sorta understand what Eccleston means with regard to being typecast but not after 13 episodes, that is going a bit far.

it got 10 million plus viewers and kick Ant and decs ars in the ratings, but as Chris says if this lasts for the whole series is anither matter, i Here because of the good start there looking at Richard E Grant next.

i feel it was a bit poor Piper and the guy who played hre boyfriend were at best bad. as for Eccleston he needs to control his boat a lot more man

For whatever reason, the sillyness of this show has captured my interest. Thank you internet.

Shame the star is leaving after this season though, he's rather entertaining.

EatonTJ said:
For whatever reason, the sillyness of this show has captured my interest. Thank you internet.

Shame the star is leaving after this season though, he's rather entertaining.

Its one of those shows that even though you know its totally stupid you just have to watch it, well thats my thinking anyway. Eccleston has been good but I think his announcement that he is leaving so soon has made him look like an arse to many people.

Glad you are enjoying the show in the US through the power of t`internet, I doubt that the major networks would pick up the show due to its Britishness

Typical BBC Crap. I keep getting told im to young to appreciate it but it is shocking. i remember it being low budget before but back then you could get away with it. now they try to hard and it looks pathetic. And darlics will be able to fly (thats gay).

Oh and doesnt billy look fat to anyone else. not that thats a bad thing.......i'll shut up now.

CWright said:
Its one of those shows that even though you know its totally stupid you just have to watch it, well thats my thinking anyway. Eccleston has been good but I think his announcement that he is leaving so soon has made him look like an arse to many people.

Glad you are enjoying the show in the US through the power of t`internet, I doubt that the major networks would pick up the show due to its Britishness

Just watched the conclusion to the WWIII episodes... how stupidly fun it was. I must say, Eccleston certainly carries the entire show... Reminds me a lot of Bruce Campbell of "Evil Dead" fame. Very funny fellow.

Great season finale... Sad to see Eccleston go, but it was a great ride. Here;s to the next doctor.

It was a great end to what has been a great series. It will be interesting to see how Tennant does in the role

Yeah it was good, I lost my way with it and misssed most of the series but watched the last one. I think Tennant will be different but good! How has Billie managed to get a 2nd series Im sure in the past it was a different Dr's assistant in each series!

Back
Top Bottom