Does WE10 play faster on a widescreen tv?

Goldenballs

Conference
7 May 2003
Does WE10 play faster on a widescreen tv?

It seems too for me. I dont know why though, maybe because the picture is stretched so it appears the players are moving quicker. I have played it on a 24 inch normal tv and a 28inch widesreen and it feels like a different game. It feels a lot better on the 24" normal.

Has anybody else expirienced this, or have I lost the plot?

You are absolutely right ! I frefer the faster one though, so i always play on my sony widescreen if i get the chance. Faster is more exiting because you have less time to think, so you must play more on feeling and you have to anticipate more.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not limited to WE10, if you play WE/PES in widescreen it's always faster, and it looks stretched too. I can't play on WS mode, gotta be 4:3 or a zoomed equivalent.

same here, widescreen 'seems' to play faster because the picture is stretched. Not sure which i prefer really

Guys I play the game in a 92" screen via a proyector.

Myself and all my friend are f....freaked out!

There is an increase in speed in comparison to 4:3 but we welcome it as the game is more dynamic.

Cheers to all!!

Dante

Hey guys this is basic physics: Speed = Distance/Time . Since the TV is stretched the distance that the player appears to travel is increased but he still travells that distance in the same time, so New Speed = Greater Ditance/ Same Time ----> Greater Speed !!!

I think you are overdoing it , arent you ?

I think it seems faster , but acctually may be the same

Last edited:
solidDr said:
Hey guys this is basic physics: Speed = Distance/Time . Since the TV is stretched the distance that the player appears to travel is increased but he still travells that distance in the same time, so New Speed = Greater Ditance/ Same Time ----> Greater Speed !!!
Well explained!

How do you play it in widescreen in the first place? it doesn't support it for my TV it's in 4:3 still.

cigol you have to set the TV to stretch the 4:3 image to widescreen. usually a zoom or aspect ratio button on your tv. if u have a cheap TV you may not have the option :( but it would have to be a really sucky tv.

Well, it is a shitty TV but it nonetheless has the ability to stretch the image. I however do not like that as it means I'm playing in the wrong aspect ratio which is just plain wrong. There isn't a dedicated built in widescreen option which means playing in widescreen shouldn't even happen unless I'm mistaken.

cigol said:
I however do not like that as it means I'm playing in the wrong aspect ratio which is just plain wrong.QUOTE]

You are right mate. Don't play it in widescreen. It makes the players look like shit and it f@#$cks up the gameplay. Just play it in 4:3.

Back
Top Bottom