DVD media for burning

handak9

Non-League
30 May 2003
I have patched my copy of WE9 and i have been playing with it for a little while and noticed that it crashed every now and again.

Wondering if there is a particular make of writable dvd media that is better for use with the PS2.

I don't use cheap discs, I want to keep my laser in full working order, I use RiDisc (purple die) they are probably the best discs you can use for PS2, £5 for 25 from blankmediacompany.co.uk

Laser isn't a problem to replace as far as I know, and I haven't had a problem myself with cheap media - maybe it's the burn speed, and more importantly the DVD writer itself that plays a bigger part?

I burned at 2x and have a toshiba dvd writer which by several reviews is the best you can get at the moment. I may try the dvd's ghost suggests.

TDK works like a original PS2 DVD.. use it. They´re not cheap but using TDK you´re almost using original DVD. I am using DataWrite right now and they work fine too but I must recognize TDK ownz.

Tesco are doing a deal for buy one get one free, and TDK are some of the types on offer. They were cleared off the shelf when I got back for another pair though :(

Try to burn at 1x than.... I burned WE8LE twice with a big patch and the game didnt work or stutterd and froze at times..... I than tried a third time making sure I patched correctly and burned at the slowest speed avialble and the game works superfine..... im using DVD+R memorex

Back
Top Bottom