EA 2 - Konami 0

:lol: it's funny how much i've played the master league :shock:, i swear even kojima wouldn't get away with such atrocity with MGS!! :roll:, master league is simply unplayable, but pes6 will come out with the same ish, so online is the apex of my playing it :D...... you guys are soo gonna get trashed!! :p

Here are some fresh new FIFA 07 screens! I was hoping that Konami would also release some amazing new screens by this time (this being a PES forum and all...) so it would be better for us all to compare these two games in this department. Latest news by the way is that there won't be as many teams/leagues in FIFA 07 next-gen. IGN.com says that there will only be around 140 or so team in it (probably EPL, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Spanish Prima Division, French Ligue 1, Mexican league and some national teams). So on that part they're pretty much on the same level as Pro Evo, at least for this year of course.

FIFA 07 screenshots

Bigger versions right here:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/842/842308/imgs_1.html

Oh and what I do like is the realistic colour of the crowd in these pictures. Konami on the other side tends to thinks that for instance every Man Utd fan wears a red shirt and every Chelsea fan a blue shirt when the go watch a match in a stadium. Looks very unrealistic if you ask me, so I welcome this direction EA is taking this part of the visuals.

Last edited:
yesimissyou said:
Here are some fresh new FIFA 07 screens! I was hoping that Konami would also release some amazing new screens by this time (this being a PES forum and all...) so it would be better for us all to compare these two games in this department. Latest news by the way is that there won't be as many teams/leagues in FIFA 07 next-gen. IGN.com says that there will only be around 140 or so team in it (probably EPL, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, Spanish Prima Division, French Ligue 1, Mexican league and some national teams). So on that part they're pretty much on the same level as Pro Evo, at least for this year of course.

FIFA 07 screenshots

Bigger versions right here

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/842/842308/imgs_1.html

Oh and what I do like is the realistic colour of the crowd in these pictures. Konami on the other side tends to thinks that for instance every Man Utd fan wears a red shirt and every Chelsea fan a blue shirt when the go watch a match in a stadium. Looks very unrealistic if you ask me, so I welcome this direction EA is taking this part of the visuals.

Strange little thing..If you look at the first fifa picture where Rooney goes against 2 arsenal player. You can see that the premier league badge on the long sleve of Ljungberg(?)it is all the way down at his hands..He, he..

kellex said:
Strange little thing..If you look at the first fifa picture where Rooney goes against 2 arsenal player. You can see that the premier league badge on the long sleve of Ljungberg(?)it is all the way down at his hands..He, he..
I'd die laughing if that was in the final version... Ssshhh, nobody tell EA!! :-$

Ashley Cole at Arsenal?

Ssshhh, nobody tell EA
eusa_shhh.gif

Haha...

the fucking cunts! :mrgreen:

EDit: Have to say Ashley Cole does actually look like Ashley Cole in thei, think in PES5 he had a tache :?

Last edited:
djdoc360 said:
Join EA and Konami together and you would get the most Awesome football game ever! full licenses, good presentation, decent commentators, the best Gameplay on any football title and wouldnt it just be amazing!

DJ
If you joined EA and Konami together, EA would kick SeaBass and his team off of the game, the canadian team would proceed to take the PES engine and break it, horribly, and if we're lucky we'd get cell shading, and a PC version that does not work when it is first released.
This is exactly what happened When WestWood was bought out by EA, the horror child of this was Command and Conquer Generals. Which is a shell of a game compared to the ones that Westwood put out

The fifa pics look good to me, however in teh second pic the shading is off. There's unshaded grass between the ball and its shadow. But then these pics tell me nothing really, im not gonna be playing the game from this view. Cant wait to see both next month though.

egyptenaar said:
I saw the site, is it reliable? Because pes 6 is very cheap!

Yes it is ;) Ik heb een bevestiging ontvangen van ze. Het is een actie wat nog een week geldig is... geen addertjes onder het gras

sorry for speaking Dutch

kellex said:

Well actually, that's evidence of great attention to detail because they DO HAVE the Premier League badge on that place...

I hope there will be a price war between the two games. pro evo 6 should be priced a bit lower, because of fifa's popularity and heavy marketing, or else it doesn't have a chance for christmas and stuff

To be honest,I'm past caring which game is the dogs bollocks.

I just want to play a NEW footy game,with 360 graphic power.

Blanco said:
Nope, not this time.
Paying for a game that's 90% identical to his predecessor? No way.

Well seeing as it's predecessor is a current-gen PES5, I think 90% is a bit of a stupid estimate.

Everyone that owns a 360 will buy PES6. ;)

Blanco said:
Nope, not this time.
Paying for a game that's 90% identical to his predecessor? No way.
how do you already know PES6 is 90% identical to PES5? (its predecessor), if anything it only looks identical graphics wise, maybe some of the animations look the same as well but other than that, it feel-looks (in other words its feel from the looks point of view :confused: :p ) is very different, unless you've been playing a certain particular game that was not meant for your region :nono: (WE10), if you have, then you've been a very very bad boy :mad:, and it's your fault for not waiting a full year for the proper vertion destined for you ;)

yesimissyou said:
Well actually, that's evidence of great attention to detail because they DO HAVE the Premier League badge on that place...

Dont know what premiership games you watch..How come Rooney have the pl badges correctly then?

Pro Evo 360's GFX dont look as good as FIFA 07's thats what I think, thats the only thing besides licenses that EA have done better than Konami. The gameplay of PES/WE games still runs rings around FIFA... even 07.

DJ

I've played the fifa 07 demo for 360 now, and in the demo the models didn't look like the real players. could someone post pics of the same players, so we can compare fifa and pes? for example, paul scholes, rooney, ronaldinho etc.
I honestly feel that pes looks a lot better than fifa

FleaFly said:
I've played the fifa 07 demo for 360 now, and in the demo the models didn't look like the real players. could someone post pics of the same players, so we can compare fifa and pes? for example, paul scholes, rooney, ronaldinho etc.
I honestly feel that pes looks a lot better than fifa

To be fair mate,I think that the demo is an older build,the faces will be sorted(i hope).
Paul scholes looks like a gremlin.

Mind you,he does in fifa as well.

:lmao:

I will buy PES 6 on X box 360 but if it feels just like pes 5, pes 4 and pes 3 like the others then Konami can stick PES 7 somewhere.. then there will be no good football games lol

I think the graphics on pes look shocking. They look almost like football kingdoms models, very tall and thin, with no real 3-d shading to the models.

Compared to the models of fifa theres no contest. Ronaldo plays like ronaldo at utd.

I think what we are witnessing is a quick buck making startegy by Konami, less work for more cash on the 360.

I hear people say it doesnt matter. Well of course it matters, its a more powerful machine, xbox 360 owners DESERVE better efforts for the cash invested. Where would we be if developers had the attitude of simply porting games over to next gen? They wouldnt be next gen thats what!!!

And as for the rumour of only 8 stadiums and no editing, what the fuck does that mean? does that mean ill have to play Liverpool in a plain kit at monacos stadium? Having realism and atmosphere is just as important as gameplay to immerse you. It takes the shine off the gameplay if you dont have that bit of polish. And if they cant do it on a console as powerful as the xbox then...

But maybe just maybe they are saving their efforts for PS3, which makes a mockery of the contract signed with Microsoft.

As far as I'm concerned they are both taking the wiz with the "new technology" parp as an excuse for cutting content and not adding it or improving it. So I'll be waiting for the slanging match on which is best and then probably wait till next summer when the first batch of PS3s have been returned for overheating etc. By then fingers crossed someone new will have come out with a football title worth playing or Konami will have been bought by EA.... ( or Seabass is sacked and PES is given to a European arm of Konami)....

antred said:
I think the graphics on pes look shocking. They look almost like football kingdoms models, very tall and thin, with no real 3-d shading to the models.

Compared to the models of fifa theres no contest. Ronaldo plays like ronaldo at utd.

I think what we are witnessing is a quick buck making startegy by Konami, less work for more cash on the 360.

I hear people say it doesnt matter. Well of course it matters, its a more powerful machine, xbox 360 owners DESERVE better efforts for the cash invested. Where would we be if developers had the attitude of simply porting games over to next gen? They wouldnt be next gen thats what!!!

And as for the rumour of only 8 stadiums and no editing, what the fuck does that mean? does that mean ill have to play Liverpool in a plain kit at monacos stadium? Having realism and atmosphere is just as important as gameplay to immerse you. It takes the shine off the gameplay if you dont have that bit of polish. And if they cant do it on a console as powerful as the xbox then...

But maybe just maybe they are saving their efforts for PS3, which makes a mockery of the contract signed with Microsoft.

I agree. Its like Konami are giving the 360 a big V-sign.

Back
Top Bottom