Early Observations

T

TomIsADeftone

Jst thought i'd post up a few observations on PES6 for the PC.

First off i've got to say i'm also having Graphic problems when playing, it's nothing major jst slight stuttering every 2-3 seconds causing game play to be interupted and not flow as much.

Secondly after figuring out the new online play (was a complete overhall needed?), is it jst me or are the GK's crap? I've played two games (early days i know) but every shot seemed to go in, and i'm getting scores that resemble a game on Fifa 07.

Aswell as the inconvenience of having the Screen/Controller Calibration in a seperate .exe. instead of being part of the Options Menu.

Overall i'm disapointed with it so far, only played 3 exhibition games and 2 online games but i'm not that fussed about this version.

After playing Winning Eleven 10 for a few months, i felt the GK's needed to be addressed, as well as the new shooting technique to be tweaked. While they seem to have fixed the shooting as the shots have regained some of the force behind them instead of shots seeming to float like in Winning Eleven 10. The Goalkeepers on the other hand, instead of constantly thumbling like in WE10 they jst to miss the ball completely.

While i definatly won't be playing that piece of crap FIFA, i don't think i'll be playing PES6 all that much either, certainly not as much as PES5.

lol
i think goalies r better and its also harder to pull off mid range shots
but its a good game for me and im stayin with it

SO my first game ever freindly match I played arsenal vs barca. won easily 2-0 with some chances missed. SO i thought since coming straight from WE9I damn this game is so easy now. Well I tried an international challenge with Colombia and lost my first 2 games. My second loss was an embarrasing 0-4 to chile.

Imma play some more later to see if the game is easier with teams like arsenal and very hard with mediocre teams.

my copy is going all the way back to play as this is just utter awful. one of the worst games i've played this year

Well I finally got my copy today, went home at lunch and played for about 30 mins.

From some of the negative posts scattered about I was fearing the worst!

Well what a suprise, I had no slowdown or any other gripes in the set-up.

And WOW! This plays so much better than pes5, the balance and positions your players get in are great.

I was playing as Newcastle vs Man U, they had scored about 20 mins in, but lots of chances either end!

Then nobby solano breaking down the right, played a great splitting throughball to the edge of the box, and BAM, Duff rockets one top corner off the underside of the bar!

I love this game already, plus the quick free-kicks.

It's a shame most people are having problems, as for those who don't it's a big step up.

Just what I was wanting!

Cheers

Nack

Perfect apart from the bugs.I think pes5 so far better cause of all the patches which got released.This game suck big time without the usual patches.Still only a matter of time before a new kitserver gets released and various other things which made pes5 look and play so good.

I think the biggest inprovements are that u can't shot form anywhere anymore (more realistic) and that the goalies aren't as 'retarded' as PES5!

Not having kits on any of the unlicense players makes game look to basic.Only a matter of time before some patch or maybe a new kitserver comes out to fix this.And this will make the game for me more enjoyable.It just seems to basic at the moment.And everyone would agree that the game will look a lot better in time with these patches installed compared to when they aint.

Had a shot from half way line earlier Hit the cross bar.Id of loved for that to have gone in lol

Last edited:
No im saying untill the patches start coming out the game seems to plain.After all look how good pes5 was when kitserver stadium server and faceserver got released.

Shut up Festy, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether it favours Fifa or PES.

Rob92 said:
Shut up Festy, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Whether it favours Fifa or PES.

oh i got fifa as well :lmao:

Used to play fifa all the time but soon as i started playing pro evo 4 onwards i was hooked.And more or less dropped fifa.However i did get fifa 07.Because i got bored waiting for pes6 to be released ;)

Its looks decent enough if you play on a stadium with a nice pitch like the munich one with teams with licenced strips and the resolution and detailed turned to maximum.

Until some patches come out playing teams with no proper strip and on a poor picth looks terrible.

As far is the gameplay is concerned I think its big improvement, normally it takes me ages to see the improvements and I always prefer last version for a while, but this time it more instant.

I have seen some amazing goals so far, in this version it really seems to make a difference which player has the ball or is shooting with players with higher skill levels really now more beneficial than players with high speed stats. I have seen passes from some of the brazil team that I have never seen in any of the previous games with flicks and back heels done much more often if the player has the ability.

I have also seen a goal against me from zidane which was pure genius and left the keeper stood still. On the whole shots look less powerfull and more placed with much more curling and headers seems much easier with you having to do less positioning for the player the ball is crossed to that PES5.

Only thing I dont like so far is the long chipped through ball which used to fly at speed across the pitch in pes5 and was excellent for playing people down the wings, now these are slower and when done over long distances go to the player instead on infront of them and defender.

its far better than pro 5

just looking forward to kitserver been avalible for this then it will be perfect, that and getting my online working arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh

after playing my first match, (Man U vs Arsenal) i think the game is pretty solid. like others said i noticed some immediate improvements and stuff. i had no stuttering at all but i guess its bc i have an AMD card. passing is dog slow but im sure ill get used to it. and i think that overhead kicks may be easier to perform? i say this bc one of the arsenal players attempted one that almost connected in the match. overall good game and im waiting to start really editing! p.s. i can post my replay of the overhead at request

Well, what a difference a day makes. I wasn't too impressed this morning, and that was due to the stuttering issue (which I have now resolved). In short, the game is far more fluid than PES 5, and the player animations are now top notch. I've just played three Master League games in a row, and now absolutely love it. I've been playing PES since PES 3: I was a bit disappointed on Thursday when I first played the game- especially with the stuttering.

When you play your first few games, it seems like not much has changed since PES5- and you might even feel a bit 'ripped off'- but no- there are LOADS of *subtle* changes that have improved this game beyond belief.

Anyway, it's a million times better, and intricate, than *cough* FIFA 07 *cough*. Konami have once again produced a game with FABULOUS AI (if you play the game properly like a simulation- and don't play like a robot). The game's as smooth as silk now, and the left analogue stick control method just feels so natural now coupled with the new animations. No more silly over zealous refs- just FLUID play! PES6 manages to enthrall the player without being arcade-like or scripted. If you like to play creatively- you'll love it!

Football's Back!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only played exhibition matches and the game seems okay. Obviously when the game can be patched it will make it alot better. Havent had much problems with the keepers yet fingers crossed. The game is fluid and players seem to make better runs which I like. I play on Top player mode and the oppositions AI seems better to. So far so good.

this isnt a surprise

like last year when pes5 was just released there were heaps of threads saying how shocking pes5 was and people were staying with pes4.

now i'd like to know how many people are still playing pes4 lol.

as some might say they are staying with pes5 if you think about it you will eventually get back into pes6 and keep playing that instead.

pes6 is more of a new challenge imho rather than to pwn the game like you did with pes5.

for me i havent gotten my copy yet because Aus hasnt released PES6 yet. =(.

just was playing for about 5 hours (some exibition matches, some cups). I must say it is totally different than PES5 (for now I dont know is it better or worse cause I have played to shortly). Passing is a little wierd, sometimes I had a clear space betwen two players and ball just went in some another direction. I wont mention shots cause this is horrible (for now). What suprised me is that in PES6 kits don't get dirty. I also think that ball moves a little to fast, it is a little unrealistic, but the most unrealistic is the number of fouls in the game - I play 15min matches and if in entire match there is max 4 fouls commmited (by both teams) - well that sucks, this is completely unrealistic. Overall - last year when I was starting to play PES5 I had more fun than now starting to play PES6 - I hope this will change.

Cheers

mcnuggetz said:
I think the biggest inprovements are that u can't shot form anywhere anymore (more realistic) and that the goalies aren't as 'retarded' as PES5!
It's actually unrealistic as hell. How often in a regular game (as in real life not PES6) does it happen a player shoots the ball in the sky, just because someone stands next to them?
Konami couldn't think of a better way to make shooting harder than a bad gimmick like this... and it doesn't affect passing at all, so you can actually use the manual pass to make a narrow shot.
I always likek PES for it's realism, and they made some tings better in that way. But the shooting and easier dribbling spoil much of the fun, because you have to constantly remind yourself that you play a video game and need to adapt to its "rules".

gold.field said:
It's actually unrealistic as hell. How often in a regular game (as in real life not PES6) does it happen a player shoots the ball in the sky, just because someone stands next to them?
Konami couldn't think of a better way to make shooting harder than a bad gimmick like this... and it doesn't affect passing at all, so you can actually use the manual pass to make a narrow shot.
I always likek PES for it's realism, and they made some tings better in that way. But the shooting and easier dribbling spoil much of the fun, because you have to constantly remind yourself that you play a video game and need to adapt to its "rules".

I agree. It seems Konami thinks every misshit in real-life heads for the moon. Not to mention the ballphysics at times are awful and shotpower ridiculous, and backspins on shots that are rivaling Golf Drives.

Back
Top Bottom