Early opinion of Watson v4.0 option file

S

shootsandscores

I've only played two games, myself being the US and the computer being Iran, and I must say that I believe our old friend Watson has been doing some tweaking for the positive. I was never able to play well on 3-star, so with his last option file, I backed down to 2-star. What I'm noticing now with v4.0 is that the defense challenges more on 2-star, ball flight is more exciting (it CAN bounce all over the place) and movement of the players doesn't seem to be as wooden (the players seem to be able to make more fakes, etc.).

Keep up the fine work, Watson ol' boy!

I set a reminder on my handheld so i could get this as soon as midnight hit. I installed the patch and have been using Watsons stuff since I first got into PES\WE. Eitherway.... this is one AMAZING patch.

Me and few friends play WE9I on Xbox like its going outta style always using same teams. When i booted up and played my first match with Man United i was impressed. All the players have their perfect skillset!!! The shirts look great too! Watson, well done!

I cant comment on gameplay changes at the current moment but i'll follow up with the thread and post my comments.

Watson.. You rock!

shootsandscores said:
What I'm noticing now with v4.0 is that the defense challenges more on 2-star, ball flight is more exciting (it CAN bounce all over the place) and movement of the players doesn't seem to be as wooden (the players seem to be able to make more fakes, etc.).

Keep up the fine work, Watson ol' boy!

What??

How can the OF change the gameplay? Think you might be imagining things there bud.

Haven't tried Watsons newy yet, but it looks excellent.

Stats have an influence on the gameplay, if you get better stats the gameplay get's more realistic.

Regarding my ball physics comment, it just SEEMS that way to me. I may be imagining things, but I've seen a lot more "ping-pong" type of effects happening with the ball than I have before. For example, one of the goals scored on me was a corner that caromed off several players, then suddenly ended up on the foot of an opponent which was promptly batted into the net. That never happened to me before.

shootsandscores said:
Regarding my ball physics comment, it just SEEMS that way to me. I may be imagining things, but I've seen a lot more "ping-pong" type of effects happening with the ball than I have before. For example, one of the goals scored on me was a corner that caromed off several players, then suddenly ended up on the foot of an opponent which was promptly batted into the net. That never happened to me before.

Maybe Watson has changed the players' stats so that they respond better to loose balls, or are better at collecting the ball now.

really good optionfile but 80% of my matches end with a draw & penalties.
I'm thinking about skipping the match & just do the penalty shootout.
Sometimes it looks like they don't want to score and shoot against a defender instead of the enormous gap next to him.
Don't misunderstand, I really appreciate your work, but I don't like the gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom